Author Topic: Question  (Read 1562 times)

Offline hpboom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Question
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:01:29 AM »
I'm modding my psp, and I wanted to include an internal cam. But i didn't want to buy a go!cam. can i do it with an old cell phone camera? if i can, can someone give me instructions? or at least link me to where i can find instructions. i dont want to mess it up, and i dont see why i couldnt use it.

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:06:01 AM »
no you can't as far as I know.
the Go!Cam has special hardware that communicates with the psp.

Offline hpboom

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:10:28 AM »
yeah but isnt it just to connect to it? if you have to take it apart in order to solder it into your psp you're breaking that specific connection, and just attaching wires.... so why couldnt i use a mobile phone cam? i don't really have an ounce of idea what i'm talking about. for the record.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 07:17:12 AM by hpboom »

Offline Demonboy

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • hunterish
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
na dude heres what u do... u get a web cam... usb obviously.... u need custom firmware so it will recognize it and install the driver for it on ur psp and some time.....

1. u can do 1 of 2 things here a. open and strip the cam and cut into ur umd drive backing if not iin use or b. keep the case on the cam and dont destroy ur psp and cut ur web cam cord and wire a 2.5 male usb plug onto it.... to fit ur psp

2. depending on what u choose let me know and ill tell u what to do

lol look at this crap u can get like 5 bucks a day for doing  poop http://adf.ly/2Knsr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal