Author Topic: XBox 360 Steering wheel mod help.... Straight up newbie help please.....  (Read 10667 times)

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I can not stand having to press A on the steering wheel to E-Brake. I have a friend who i am sure can do the soldering but i have no clue to how. I really want to install an external switch for this button. Thanks to everyone who replied in advance..... Great Site.

Offline Havoced

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modaholic
Re: XBox 360 Steering wheel mod help.... Straight up newbie help please.....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:28:59 AM »
I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You want to make something that will be able to use the Handbrake without touching the "A" button?

Were you thinking you wanted another foot pedal?

I don't know what the internals of the steering wheel are like but I'm sure you could wire a pedal up to the "A" button somehow if you had the time and effort.

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 11:40:12 AM »
Maybe I need more help. Can anyone tell me which color the wire for "A" button is? also, maybe what I can replace it with(where too?). thinking just a small 1/4 button. I have never done anything like this before.

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
i am doing the same mod in mine, but i am acullay making a handbrake handle, but i have the board scan, ill find it and mark it for u. but ur gona need some alen wrenchs, and troqx bits to disasemble.

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:29:01 AM »
Awsome! I want to do the same thing. I have never done any mods, but have 2 friends who can help with the hardware. I would like to bring one of them as much info as possible to help. What kind of switch are you using as the replacement for the button? Where from? I am hoping to actually put in another pedal for the e-brake. Included some pics of my wheel setup, Love this thing.

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »
hey sorry, but i got exams this week and i have been busy, i tryed looking for the board scans for the wheel moduale but i cont find them any ware. some time this weekend ill make new ones and have them up for u.

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »
Is there a lead coming off the board I can use instead of soldering to the board? I have seen some pics (one included) with wires coming from the wheel itself. Would make things much easier. What are you using for the button itself and where are you getting it from? Thanks.

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 08:08:18 PM »
yea i got u, i got grounded 3 F's. but i see two opions either like i can do it next wek when my parents leave for work, so i can find my xbox and steering wheel. or since ur gona have to open it up any ways take pictures and ill show u how to do it via over the forum kinda way. but since i havent seen anything on steering wheel moding anyware, i was gona post tuts on how to do stuff and anything i do. but its up to u

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 08:40:27 AM »
Gonna try to search for some images instead of opening the wheel up cause only want to open it once if i can. Will post pics soon. what about the one already up?

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »
ok, first tip on that mettal plate that thing with the three wires, DON'T ever remove it. or else theres gona be a 30 minute, pain in the  :censored: clabration with the gear houseing.

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
So do you think it could be as easy a a wire coming from the wheel or will there be soldering involved? Also check out my brake pedal mod. instead of one spring i now have three. one stock, one inside the stock and one around the stock.

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »
yea there will be sodering. uhhhmmmm.... find some alen keys that fit the six that are in the front of the wheel. remove those and a small face plate should come off too. then there should be four more of the same size, remove those too and then the whole wheel part should be lose. dont pull it because it is conted inside too, just open the botom of it agian and un plug the either five or six wire comeing out of the hole wicth leads to the wheel then pull it off. if u still need help or cant fgure it out take pics of the front of the wheel and the inside of it like the one u already took but focus more on the circet board and the gear housing

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »
Don't have the tools. Am planning on having an electrician buddy of mine help out. Is there nobody out there with these pics? somebody must. found this one

Post Merge: November 23, 2009, 08:47:14 AM
This looks right. Found in another thread and he was doing a clutch mod? Stated he was putting a pedal to replace "a" button.
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=694648
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 08:47:14 AM by KutuluKid »

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 08:26:51 AM »
thats what u wana open up ur controler to. that board u take out and on the other side of it is the x y a b contacts

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »
Right. But what is this in the pic in the last post, I thought that was the front? are those connections made on the back of the board? And if I haven't said so yet thanks for the help. Might open the wheel over the holiday and take those pics.

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
idk what that kid was doing, honestly it makes no sense considering thieres not one raceing game that i know of that has a cluch, and the only racing game i can think ove that even shows a cluch is forza, but it only opens in the period between like braking and shifting. idk what the purpose for that mod is?????????? and ur welcome no problum :tup:

Offline KutuluKid

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 06:11:37 AM »
Check out the thread i got that pic from. the link is right above the pic. I think Forza 3 has a clutch, but even if it doesn't is that the right side on the board in the pic or not?

Offline mikespartian114

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
thats the board but what what u want is on the other side of that board

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal