Author Topic: Another macro controller  (Read 1006 times)

Offline geekonaut

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Another macro controller
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:01:25 PM »
Ok, so I've been half working on a macro mod for several months, but life's been crazy. I was going to do a total rush job of what I've been working on for the mod off, but the swine flu ran through my family. So I missed that. For the final project, I'm wanting to do a lite version and a kitchen sink version. The lite version will have less features, but much easier to install. The advanced version will be as hard to install as the number of features you decide to wire up. Latter, I'm planning on doing a PS3 version.

I don't want to reveal all of my plans, since they change as I'm working through the project. I've got a processor selected, and some code working, but I'm trying to decide on a few things:

1: I've got 12 PWMs, and 14 potential RF buttons. So which 2 do I cut, since I can only do 12? The other 2 can do some PWM, but it would be through a macro.
thumb stick buttons (2)
X, Y, A, B (4)
shoulder (2)
d-pad (4)
Triggers (2)

2: How many people are actually interested in motion sensitive 360 controllers? I kind of thing they're not that useful since the games weren't written to be controlled that way, so I doubt it'll work like a Wii.

3: Any other kitchen sink ideas? So far I'm planning on having tons of LED controls, remapping and macro-ing of all of the useful push buttons (all 14 of the buttons in #1), southpaw remapping of the joysticks, and easy way to change/download macros.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal