Author Topic: Programming PICs for 360?  (Read 873 times)

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Programming PICs for 360?
« on: September 05, 2009, 06:30:23 AM »
Chances are this is the wrong board, but it suits my use for it....

Alright. I want to learn how to code PICs that I can use. Something that I'll be able to do easily without too much confusion.
Is there anything like that?

Kind of like...a batch file. One thing I'd need to set up is that so when the chip gets powered on, it runs a part of the code.
I'd need to be able to set my code up so that there's certain sections of the code (Kind of like a batch file).
Like, say I set it to mode 3 or something. I'd need to make it so when mode 3 is run, it turns on a part of the code.
If that's too confusing let me know.

What language should I code in?
Programmer? Software? Etc.
It would need to be bigger than 8 pin PICs though, for what I plan.
Or would it be easier to set up a circuit using other PICs and then have them wired to my custom PIC and just make it so each mode just turns on/off power to certain pins, making it the same as turning on/off the part of the code(which would now be setup using existing PICs)?

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 06:37:49 AM by PspKicks316 »

Offline Hippijoebob

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Programming PICs for 360?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:12:22 PM »
if your trying to get started, just pick up a jdm programmer off ebay.  Theres thousands of tutorials on assembler, microchips language for PICs.  then get a texteditor and icprog to flash the chip.  With the jdm programmer you need a serial to serial port, usb doesnt work becuz of voltage issues.  Hope this helps.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal