Poll

Which HP model should I get?

HP Pavilion dv6-2190us
HP Pavilion dv7-3180us

Author Topic: Help Me Pick a New HP Laptop.  (Read 906 times)

Offline ModderDmo

• Straight Cheddar
  • Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • If you can't open it, you don't own it.
Help Me Pick a New HP Laptop.
« on: January 26, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »
My grandmother recently passed away and I found out I will be getting some inheritance. I know I should be mourning, but I've never been much of a mourner. Anyways, I have my brother's 7 year-old Dell laptop that won't charge anymore and I'm going to be going to college in the summer. So, I thought I would put some of my inheritance towards a new laptop. I will be getting a HP for sure, but I can't decide between two models, the 15.6" Pavilion or the 17.3" Pavilion. Here are the links:

15.6" HP Pavilion

17.3" HP Pavilion

Now, I will ONLY choose one of these models and I can't really decide, so I will have you guys vote on which model I should get. You may also reply with comments on which model you would prefer, BUT you can only comment on the models above. Please don't waste my time with comments about any other laptops, I'm only focusing on these two. Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:36:04 AM by ModderDmo »

Offline knightmare89

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Help Me Pick a New HP Laptop.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 03:46:30 AM »
I can tell you that i have the dv7 and love it but its not an easy laptop to haul around. I love the graphics on mine it handles games suprisingly well and its quite. i like the seperate number board.  My only complaints about this laptop is its a little heavy for portability and mine dorsnt have a screen latch but if you get a nice bag it shouldnt be a problem.  If theres anything else you wanna know ask and ill help the best i can.  Dan

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 04:05:21 AM »
The specs look about the same for both, I guess size is the main difference.

Here's what it comes down to then: if you're going to be carrying the laptop around a lot, go for the 15'' otherwise go for the 17''

My 2 cents. Hope it helps.
Kamelot Forever

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 05:02:57 AM »

id say for $50 more you can get a stronger system, but your choice.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:44:25 AM »
i have a dv7 and its a boat.  nice enough machine and i like the keyboard size and added number pad, but its a bit of a pain to move around.

If you are putting it on your desk and taking it for a weekend here and there, the dv7 is a good choice.  If you are planning on taking it with you to classes or to and from work i would suggest the smaller one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal