Author Topic: PSN hacked?  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
PSN hacked?
« on: February 28, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
Anyone experiencing problems with PSN? The servers are down and everyone at boardus.playstaion.com is going mad. Earlier on the site a link was shown a playstation hacked. It is gone now but I saw it. People are talking about rumors that we will have to send back our PS3's to Sony for a fix. A lawsuit was already issued awhile ago about Sony making us pay for the system when they broke it with their updates. Also do not put in any games as it will delete all your trophies :(
Wierd also that the slim PS3's do not have this problem. Only phat.. WTF???

Additional info, I can access the web browser from my PS3, http://us.playstation.com/ says that PSN is ON and working, however it is still not working. This is obviously a problem with software with phat PS3.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:24:14 PM by Ch4rL13 »

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PSN hacked?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
Yes there are a few theories one being that the old fat PS3's cant process the date right and is thinking its supposed to be a 29th and the whole system basically fights with itself.

If you are logged into PSN DON'T log out.

if you turn your PS3 off your date will be reset to 12/31/1999 12:00 AM and a few themes will be corrupted all downloaded games will either crash/freeze and anything relating to sony PSN servers will give you a error code (8001050F)

that error code is described below

Lets pray that this is a fixable error via firmware updates.

Quote from: kotaku
The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and :censored: explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

from SRK.

So all I know is, the bizarre date has caused the anti-piracy measures to kick in, screwing you out of most PS3 titles. PS1/PS2 physical games should still work. Not PSN, though. and us.playstation.com wasn't really hacked, either.

Sorry to all of you who are worked up about this, but I find it kinda exciting. Sucks if this is permanent, though. I think it might have happened before, though.

Quote from: Engadget
It's unclear exactly what's going on at the moment, but it appears that the PlayStation Network is down and causing a whole host of related problems for PS3 systems, including 8001050F error codes, game crashes, corrupted trophy info, and even the complete inability to launch certain titles. There's no ETA on when things will get back to normal -- looks like it's gonna be a Blu-ray kind of evening for PS3 owners out there.

Update: Sony's tweeted that it's "looking into it," and our boys at Joy say that owners of original PS3s are seeing their clocks reset and even data loss in some cases. We'll keep you updated.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:45:21 PM by Slim Hacker »

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
it :censored:ing better be... my ps3 is a refurb from gamestop... it has been opened by them... it has a GAMESTOP warranty sticker... they removed the sony one.

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:48:38 PM »
I just called PlayStation support, a automated person said its maintenance... a load of :censored:? or the truth? lol
I noticed my date was also messed up, thought it was cause I maybe reset my ps3. This sounds likes Y2K almost, the way you explained it anyways. Wierd..
Btw can you get on boardus.playstaion.com? I just get a page saying its processing my request and it does nothing.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
Also...For more updates and information...Check out the Official PlayStation Twitter

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
it :censored:ing better be... my ps3 is a refurb from gamestop... it has been opened by them... it has a GAMESTOP warranty sticker... they removed the sony one.
If sony doesnt fix this they are ganna have a hella lot of lawsuits on them haha.

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
well for most people the warranty sticker is still intact... mine is obviously not.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »
mine isn't for non-obvious reason XD

yay for testing boo for breaking warranty

Offline Ch4rL13

• R4z3R
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • R4z3R Gaming
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 09:00:38 PM »
mine isn't for non-obvious reason XD

yay for testing boo for breaking warranty

Lol, I took mine off to fix my broken blueray laser (wasn't going to spend $150)

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 03:57:28 AM »
I don't have Internet, so much for PSN for me :(
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 04:28:30 AM »
do you think it will be fine if you havnt turned your ps3 on as mine has been off for like 4 months

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 04:57:55 AM »
doubt it
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 05:30:06 AM »
what he said :/ people are confirming this is happening even if you don't connect to internet, only thing I noticed is I had my ps3 on when it started and a friend started complaining...I rebooted and it happened so if you have your ps3 on DONT turn it off

Offline xLuCkyz-

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 06:53:21 AM »
I heard that Removing the ps3's internal battery for 5 minutes fixes this does anybody know where it's locate . Might as well give it a try

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »

actually no i dont and i guess ill trey to find and test later...

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »
sony have said that it only affects older phat models of the ps3 and that if you have not turned your ps3 on yet they suggest you leave it turned off until they find a fix. also it seems like one of the main side effects is data loss and corruption so surely it stands to reason that if you remove the hard drive you subvert that sympton?

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
This is now fixed, apparently it was a Y2K situation where the PS3 freaked out expecting there to be a 29th day in febuary, now everything is back to normal...

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
yahoo front page news artical:

Got an older, "fat" PlayStation 3 console? Can't get it to connect to the PlayStation Network? Well, Sony knows about the bug and says it's working on a solution; in the meantime, though, Sony is warning that you "do not use your PS3." Update: The PSN seems to be working again for older PS3 consoles, but think twice before firing yours up; your trophies might be at risk.

Millions of PlayStation 3 owners worldwide (myself included) started noticing Sunday that their consoles weren't connected to the PlayStation Network, Sony's online hub that allows for multiplayer gaming, movie rentals, and downloadable game shopping.

The glitch is also preventing some gamers from using titles that don't even feature online play—"Heavy Rain," for example, which (as of Monday afternoon, anyway) grinds to a halt before it even gets started, displaying the error message: "Registration of the trophy information could not be completed. The game will quit." After checking a few other games myself, it appears that titles with "trophy" support (trophies are equivalent to "achievements" on Xbox Live) aren't working at all, but trophy-less games are still playable in offline mode.

So, what's the deal? Naturally, speculation initially focused on the PlayStation Network itself, but it turns out the problem lies with the PS3 hardware—specifically, the glossy, older-model PS3 consoles, not the new, "slim" PS3.

In a post on the official PlayStation blog, Sony says that the glitch "is being caused by a bug in the clock," which (as the bloggers at Sony Insider are guessing) may have gotten tripped up in the changeover from February 28—yesterday—to March 1.

Symptoms of the bug include your PS3's internal clock being reset to Jan. 1, 2000; the inability to set the clock via the Internet, or to connect to the PSN at all; PSN video store rentals that won't play, even though their rental windows haven't expired; and, worst of all, disappearing "trophy" data for some games, with the message "Failed to install trophies; please exit your game" when you try to launch the said games.

Sony says it "hopes" to get the problem fixed "within the next 24 hours," but it has also issued a sobering warning: "In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data."

Uh, say what? What does "not being able to restore certain data" mean, exactly? Good question; personally, I know I won't be alone in getting hopping mad if any of my saved games or hard-won PS3 trophies are gone come tomorrow morning.

So, who else is having trouble with their PS3 console today? Worried about your game data? Fire away below.

Update [7:15 p.m. EST]: As Kotaku reports, the PlayStation Network seems to be back up for old PS3 consoles. I just fired mine up, and both the PlayStation Store and the internal clock were up and running. Indeed, everything seems to be back to normal ... except for my many "Heavy Rain" trophies, which have all disappeared. (My other trophies are OK, as are all my game saves.) Still no new info from Sony as to what happened or whether it's safe to switch your PS3 back on; if you're worried about your own trophies, you might be better off waiting to power up your console until we hear something official.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
Hey matt if your heavy rain trophies are gone, did you sync your trophies ever before this error if not your SOL, if you did just re-sync and they will show up. (Had this happen to me with my LBP trophies.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal