Author Topic: RGB multicolored LED mod - Arduino or PIC  (Read 739 times)

Offline tooandrew

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Acidmods User
RGB multicolored LED mod - Arduino or PIC
« on: March 22, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
question, i know that an arduino can fade between colors smoothly, but they're massive and as such not exactly ideal for mods. i want to make a mod that runs through a predetermined cycle of colors, and i was wondering if  a PIC microcontroller could do the same. i think that the PIC 12f683 only has one pin that can support led fading, unless i've been misinformed. so, any ideas? an 8 pin would be preferable so i can fit it in a psp, but a larger one will work for my 360, so that can work

Post Merge: March 22, 2010, 03:20:06 PM
fades through a predetermined cyclo of colors rather
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:20:06 PM by tooandrew »

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: RGB multicolored LED mod - Arduino or PIC
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »
I have been wanting to do something on the lines of this myself. However I am not a programer. But I have talked to more than one person on this and here is what I have been told. Depending on how many leds your going to run will depend on what pic to use. Yes you can use a 12f683 but I dont think you could individually control each led if you use more than one. You need 3 I/O pins per LED. I wanted to have someone make modes of different colors first mode red 2nd blue 3rd green 4th purple etc etc then have some fading work into it all. I think this is a great project and well I hope you learn what you need and get it all to your likings. Good luck. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal