Author Topic: PSP Jewel CNC Milling Questions  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
PSP Jewel CNC Milling Questions
« on: May 13, 2010, 02:08:59 PM »
Howdy everyone:

I have a PSP Slim (TA-085v1) with an internal CR-3100 (16gb). I already have some 30 Gauge wire and a load of green and purple LEDs for future mods, such as this one. I also have a CNC Mill (well, it's my dad's) that I can use.

What I want to do is create a UMD Door mod--putting in a custom jewel. I have an aftermarket silver body that I will be putting this on.

I already have the CNC file made in Mastercam (picture below). However, I do not know how to do the engraving. I have tried searching for a guide, but I haven't found anything. I know the depth is supposed to be .5mm and the such, but I just can't get Mastercam to setup the engraving toolpath correctly for some reason. Maybe I'm just using the wrong program? I dunno.

This is the image:

Any ideas on how I can do this?

~Ennon

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:10:54 PM by Ennon »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: PSP Jewel CNC Milling Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
this sounds like a very nice mod. and if you have the software part already done it should be a fairly simple task. but different machines (age) use diffprograms and software. I think you should check with your dad. he should be able to answer this fairly easily. And if your doing this without his permission, I would advise against  it. that equipment cost more then you could imagine.

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: PSP Jewel CNC Milling Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
this sounds like a very nice mod. and if you have the software part already done it should be a fairly simple task. but different machines (age) use diffprograms and software. I think you should check with your dad. he should be able to answer this fairly easily. And if your doing this without his permission, I would advise against  it. that equipment cost more then you could imagine.

Mhmm, Mastercam and BobCAD (what my Dad uses for all his stuff) both can post to the CNC just fine. I'm just not sure how I can do the engraving in it, and my Dad doesn't have a need to engrave anything (has an engraving bit though) so he doesn't know. I'm hoping that somebody who's done this before can help me a bit here :/

And yes I always ask him to use it. I know all the safety stuff anyways as to not crash it. :)

I uploaded the jewel picture, which I just remade.

~Ennon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal