Author Topic: Dedicated Servers confirmed for Call Of Duty:Black Ops  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Spriche

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Dedicated Servers confirmed for Call Of Duty:Black Ops
« on: May 15, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
Any gamers who felt left out in the cold by Activision and Infinity Wards move to get rid of dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 2 last year can rejoice.In an interview with computerandvideogames.com, Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia said that,"dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to." Lamia also went on state how he and his team want to make player interactions console-like in nature... "We're working very hard to marry those two things, so people can run dedicated servers and also participate in the communal experience the console players get to have, given they're all on first-party servers."

Hopefully, one of the good things that comes out of the Activision IW fallout, is better games from Treyarch. Maybe we haven't seen the full potential Treyarch can put into a game since they have been in IW's shadow,I'm cautiously optimistic.

Source:

CVG
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:30:23 AM by Spriche »

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: Dedicated Servers confirmed for Call Of Duty:Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
Finally.