Author Topic: E3 2010 Condensed  (Read 1733 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
E3 2010 Condensed
« on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
We’re all gamers to various degrees; it might be that you enjoy a casual game of Tetris, maybe you prefer something with fewer angles so you play Zuma. Or you could be one of those people whose controller no longer has any identification on the buttons.

Now anybody that’s anybody that doesn’t have a life knows what E3 is. E3 is one of the most anticipated conventions held yearly. It covers the world of gaming and large portions of the goodies that we have to look forward to in the following year.

Thus far I have watched all the coverage since it started and I’ve kept little notes and I must say the first day has been a letdown. Most of the coverage I’ve seen has been on the history of E3 which is bothersome because we don’t care about what happened in 2006 or how one company did a smashing job one year and isn’t doing it this year. We just want to know what will happen to blow our minds away this year. So blow our minds away already, right?

So all the chatter is about the new slim line Xbox 360 which looks absolutely sexy. And the Kinect which at first reminded me of the PS Eye a few years back until I seen it in action. The new gadget reacts better than what I’ve seen thus far from Sony’s new Move remote.
Now although the new slim xbox is indeed an improvement flaunting it’s new USB ports perhaps Microsoft should have added something more and perhaps different;  Like throwing in the Kinect, because I am still afraid to see the price tag for that. However the console will definitely be a hit to those who want a quitter system (I hate my fan) and those who didn’t put out for the wireless adapter (like myself. I’m poor) Or those who want to spruce up there home entertainment systems because the new system has a sleek new design that would certainly go nicely with your new 3D Tv. (Can’t afford that either. )

Something I am really looking forward to was the announcement of a game that will actually teach you to play guitar. Power Gig: Rise of the SixString is an upcoming rhythm game developed by 745 Studios which is actually a sister company First Act. If you are unsure of who First Act are they produce low cost instruments for beginning musicians such as those ninety nine dollar guitars you can find at Wal-Mart. The game will be similar to Rock Band and Guitar Hero however it will ship with a unique guitar game controller that not only acts as the game controller but also as a functional guitar. The game will also include a drum which is called the AirStrike which is a drum controller that works with motion sensors. This will end the annoying noises produced by other drum game controllers. Not only is this game going to be more realistic than button mashers like other rhythm games it has also drawn the attention of musicians that shied away from previous games because they were button mashers. You can expect Power Gig: Rise of the SixString to hit shelves this October.

During EA’s Spotlight in the audience was just handed 3D Glasses, snow I wish I could afford a 3D tv to get in on the entertainment. This November 16th will be the release date for the new Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. The game will include a new Autolog, which will keep track of the ways you play the game, what your friends are doing in the game and it will recommend ways for you to play the game. An example would be if a friend beat your record for Hot Pursuit the game would recommend you challenge them.  The game allows you to play as both the racer and cops, if you play as the cop you are able to call things in such as road blocks, spike strips and choppers.  The game shows no signs of being any more destructible than ever. Which means a wood post will still stop a car going 200 miles an hour.

Dead Space 2 was reviled and it will take place in a thriving city known as "Sprawl “ This time protagonist Isaac Clarke is taking the fight to them as the Necromorph infection ravages the space station. The mental illness caused by the marker appears to be permanent and effects the game play bringing on new physical challenges as well as physiological ones. The game play video shown was amazing, It clearly earned the awards for its sound quality and it looks amazing. Fans can expect Dead Space 2 on January 25th 2011.

EA has vowed to take back the ‘quality bar’ and to do so they will be bringing back a franchise that has been inactive for three years… Medal of Honor. On stage at E3 they did a live software demo online with 24 players; in a death match mode. The map they played on was based on a real location as all the maps are, the one they played on was built for close corner combat in mind with an abundance of tight alley ways and stairwells. The visuals I just seen are remarkable and challenge most other first person shooters I have seen to date.  On June 21st an online beta for Medal of Honor will be available for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360. Medal of Honor will be available on October 12th 2010. Go to GunClund.EA.Com and you can receive exclusive content for various games including early access to the new expansion pack for Battlefield Bad Company 2 – Vietnam.

[Ubisoft Spotlight]

Ubisoft has a few highly and I do mean highly anticipated games to be released including but most certainly not limited to Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Tom Clancy's HAWK 2.

Ubisoft started off with an amazing demonstration of lights and sounds with interactive game play that looks so simplistically entertaining that it will surely be addictive.

((Haha wow the camera changed back to the G4 Studios and they didn’t realize it and the guy was just kind of looking around the camera man lowered the camera and it moved around for a minute then stopped on the guy then flicked to black… A minute later it went back to E3))

The video shown of the newest Assassin’s Creed looks spectacular. It truly makes the previous games fall far in comparison. The game will incorporate a horse and combat on the horse will become a main feature in the game. Does this remind anybody else of The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. Ubisoft is also adding a multiplayer event although it wasn’t clear if it was just during this event.  Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood will be available on November 16th 2010. (I love Majora’s Mask, I hope it gets remade onto the 3DS)

The demonstration Shaun White skateboarding gave a new twist to skate games and looks like something I would like to play. While playing the game your able to literally shape the world around you and turn things into ramps to completely change the way you play the game. The game achieves this so fluidly that it looks as easy as ModNation Racers level builder except this is done during game play.

Battletag is a real life shooter, it is literally like laser tag that incorporates real life items like ammunition packs and armor. The game keeps track of your scores and updates on your computer. The game play is highly interactive as laser tag should be. The game master challenges you and gives you the game mode which incorporate various challenges like scanning multiple codes one at a time which can be hidden and the shooting a target. This challenges both accuracy, speed and stamina. This is bad news for myself, the type of person with the moto shoot anything that moves.

Two new games created by Ubisoft were designed specifically for Microsoft’s new accessory for the 360 the Kinect. Upon seeing this piece of hardware in action I am surprised. It appears highly responsive and accurate to the player’s movements. It leave me with a question though, if this hardware is incorporated into online gaming will that give more athletic people an advantage? Wouldn’t that be funny?

Ghost Recon Future Soldier looks amazing not that I’d expect to see any game that looks like it was made for the PS1 but let’s not jinx it. The Ghost’s in the game are equipped with the newest shiniest gear that not even PspKicks has yet (he has everything *echo echo echo*). They even have stealth suits that make them almost invisible when glanced at. Not that we’ve ever seen that (*Caugh* Metal Gear) this game makes me fear for my future and I hope that warfare is never like that. I would hate to be so oblivious that I get shot by a guy right next to me.  This game is going to be remarkable.

A project that is a working title was announced, it was titled “Project Dust” Nothing of particular was disclosed and it left everybody at a loss for words. The world they showed was all actual game play and it was quite beautiful. It looked realistic without the shininess of games past such as Uncharted. The next game that was show was Rayman Origins, a little bit was shown such as Rayman encountering his ‘double’ or ‘blood brother’ so says the disembodied voice. The video ended with Rayman and his brother bouncing around on the arms of a large monster and the voice saying nothing could split them up or almost nothing.

Ubisoft also announced Mania Planet as well as beta’s coming out for it soon. (More details to come as soon as I get them)

[Continued in Day 2 of E3 Nintendo & Sony]
-TwisT
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:47:43 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Re: E3 2010 Condensed
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:58:23 PM »
*medal of honor.

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
Well done that man.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 03:08:50 PM »
nice read, however your comparisons are wrong. playstation eye and project netal are not the same nor are they that similar. I think you have the playstation eye and the playstation move lumped together which is not the case. even so, to play MOTION ACTIVATED GAMES on a playstation, you must have the playstation eye and the playstation move controller. now who is inflating this cost dilemma, by making you buy two items rather than one.  For the record, xbox has had the vision camera which is actually used in real gameplay for a very long time.

you want to talk about who is copying and who is releasing revolutionary tech.......playstation move (with the eye just pointing out two pieces of tech)= uses its controller to help sense where you are...man this sounds like a spin off Nintendo will controller. on the other hand project netal uses its camera to know where you are and movements you are making...man this sure sounds like a new product to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal