Author Topic: Warrantless Cell Tracking Allowed  (Read 4138 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Warrantless Cell Tracking Allowed
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »
I found an interesting article and thought it needed to be shared with the masses (That is you).

Police agencies such those at State and Federal levels such as the FBI no longer need a warrant to track cell phone locations.

For more information, on this please see the original cnet news article at:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20015743-281.html?tag=topImage1

-TwisT

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
Re: Warrantless Cell Tracking Allowed
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »
Prepaid FTW

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Mogler

• Research & Development
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +11/-0
  • Seeding bittorrents like a digital pimp, son.
    • Indie Game Zone
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:56:30 PM »
well im kinda  :censored: with an iphone lol

Youtube: CallawayINC
Blog: Mogler

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:44 AM »
Technically that's been allowed since bush enacted the patriot act. This country has been going down the tubes since Reagan... If the erosion of my constitutional rights and civil liberties continues unabated, I'm jumping ship... I love how the argument is that it's needed to help catch drug dealers, even though the 'war on drugs' has been a losing affair for law enforcement from it's inception... As long as there is a demand the supply will be there no matter what law enforcement does. The only way to win the war on drugs is to legalize and tax... Politicians are such douchebags...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »
whats to stop said drug dealer from using a stolen phone and leaving their phone at home?

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 05:19:45 PM »
The only way to win the war on drugs is to legalize and tax... Politicians are such douchebags...

Which even if you are for Prop19. I doubt your for legalization of heroin or crack for example, so it has its pros and cons.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »
Which even if you are for Prop19. I doubt your for legalization of heroin or crack for example, so it has its pros and cons.

Sure, legalize them, too. Both will eventually lead to death in the end. I have no problem with stupid people who choose to take up those habits killing themselves... Just fewer stupid junkies in the world in the end. And one more thing the government can tax to support itself without having to raise income taxes ( I know this is a very simplified view of the matter but it's quite hard to type prolifically with a crushed index finger so I'm not going to go into detail with my opinion atm...). I have no problem with legalizing drugs of all kinds, it's greater tax revenue and weeds out people who make truly poor decisions with their lives...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:46:19 PM »
jr has life experience. I wouldn't mind them legalizing and taxing because you are not able to save everyone from harm's way because if you hurt yourself falling that's your own fault... if you do drugs that's you own fault etc...

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 06:43:24 AM »
Exactly, life is about the choices you make and they are yours alone. No one can make them for you. If you make poor decisions then you have to live with them. That doesn't mean you can't change the path you've chosen, but it is harder to do. You can't protect people from themselves, the choices they make, and the evils in life; but you can teach them to make better choices and see the evils in life for what they are. Drug addiction is a choice that you make and one that you overcome through recognition, will power and making good decisions. Many people relapse in recovery because they haven't been taught to make good decisions (and imo because they buy into the belief that many recovery centers feed them that they are helpless in their addiction). Addiction is NOT a disease, the plague was a disease... Addiction is a lack of will (yes I know that there is a difference between physical and mental addiction. Once you overcome the physical effects you are left with the mental, and that is the most common area in which people have relapses. Physical addiction is broken once you abstain for long enough for your body to readjust to the lack of the chemical it has grown accustomed to and dependent on). Believing the falsehood that you are helpless against your addiction does far more bad than good.

I say these things not because I'm regurgitating information from books, classes, and tv shows; I say them because I'm sharing knowledge I have gained through firsthand experience...

I don't know about anyone else but I don't want big brother to try to protect me from myself or anything else for that matter (those idiots can hardly keep their own :censored: in order). I for one do not want to live in A Brave New World or 1984...

Sorry if this was a little disjointed, I had a far more coherent rant written up until the crappy mem mgmt in my iPhone crashed my browser...

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 07:48:38 AM »
If the erosion of my constitutional rights and civil liberties continues unabated, I'm jumping ship.

Politicians are such douchebags...

This happens because we as people of the state (in masses) expect that the people we elect to stand up for us and our rights, but after the election most of us can't even tell you the names of our elected officials...

We as a people (the Masses) need to be informed and write our congress men and women, but don't... Not like that would really change anything? So ask yourself do YOU know who your elected officials are? Have you ever watched CSPAN?

With that said Canada is looking much nicer every day.

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
Lol yes Canada amongst oter places look bettr and better every day...

No I don't watch cspan (at least not very often, too much talking with nothing actually being said...) and yes I do know who my elected officials are, and I know which ones I voted for. I vote (in every election) so I have the right to complain about these idiots, especially so since I live in a state where my political view is in the minority and often the people who get elected are not the people I voted for...

I think the biggest problem currently in politics is the focus and lack of regulation regarding campaigning and the info given during the campaign... But that's a totally different topic...

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 08:50:33 AM »
Just so you know that was not directed to anyone... that's why I said the masses :cool:.. and I agree  :yess:

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »
With that said Canada is looking much nicer every day.

this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal