Author Topic: setting up to make back ups  (Read 1596 times)

Offline RtGScarFaceLS

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
setting up to make back ups
« on: September 24, 2010, 05:16:58 PM »
so i bought all this gear to flash drives, make hard drives, and create back ups. Now i know it is perfectly legal to copy your games as long as you only make one copy. and i also know that if you run a stealth checker you won't get caught when you go online. My problem is that i have no idea where to begin. I ead somewhere that you can take a flashed benQ and have your compter read the game from that drive and the burn it to a new disk. easier said then done. It would be so amazing if someone could help me out

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
Re: setting up to make back ups
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
can't you just rip the .iso image from the dvd using your comp's dvd drive, then burn that?

Offline RtGScarFaceLS

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:41:10 PM »
from what i know you need a special dvd drive, a kreon drive i think they call it

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »
this is the easiest and best way to do it it takes me 15-30min each game doing it this way.

Code: [Select]
http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-29.html
due to the rules i don't know if that tuts aloud here so if its not bookmark the site so admin/mod can delete the post.
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 06:15:33 AM »
its ok for now, like I said as long as we are only making back ups of your games its allowed. however, usually linking to other sites is not allowed,  but I will let it stay for the sake of the info. I wish someone would make a good/similar tut for acidmods....hint, hint...

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 06:52:03 AM »
its ok for now, like I said as long as we are only making back ups of your games its allowed. however, usually linking to other sites is not allowed,  but I will let it stay for the sake of the info. I wish someone would make a good/similar tut for acidmods....hint, hint...

as you can see its very easy so one should pop up very soon as not alot of people know about the hotswap trick.

thx for keeping the link up never knew if it was aloud but since its just info i don't see any harm as you said.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 09:35:24 AM »
you dont need to take apart ur dvd drive to dump ur games. If your computer has a DVD drive that can read and burn Dual Layer (DVD +R DL) disks then your set. Put in a dvd such as Harry Potter or The Day After Tomorrow, and open up wxripper. It should detect the disk. Press the stop disk button in the program and take a paper clip or something and find some kind of soft eject button or something. (I forget what its called lol but dont press the real eject button) ur dvd drive on ur computer should pop open but wont normally eject. Pull the tray out all the way and put in ur 360 game. Now push the drive closed (for some drives a little force is required) now in the program start the disk spinning and dump the "Movie" it will begin to dump ur game.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
you dont need to take apart ur dvd drive to dump ur games. If your computer has a DVD drive that can read and burn Dual Layer (DVD +R DL) disks then your set. Put in a dvd such as Harry Potter or The Day After Tomorrow, and open up wxripper. It should detect the disk. Press the stop disk button in the program and take a paper clip or something and find some kind of soft eject button or something. (I forget what its called lol but dont press the real eject button) ur dvd drive on ur computer should pop open but wont normally eject. Pull the tray out all the way and put in ur 360 game. Now push the drive closed (for some drives a little force is required) now in the program start the disk spinning and dump the "Movie" it will begin to dump ur game.

yes you can do that but does not work on all drive mate as if you press the emergency eject and push the drive back in it sometimes resets the drive.the way that is shown in the link show the 2rd best way the first best way is to have one of the drive that can just read the game when put in(you can get them off ebay cheap) Ive been ripping the games this way for about 3+years and found it easier to do this

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal