Author Topic: iPhone and iPod touch iOS 4.1 jailbreak,  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Barnsey

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
iPhone and iPod touch iOS 4.1 jailbreak,
« on: October 10, 2010, 07:18:02 AM »
The new jailbreak, titled limera1n, is not yet supported on iPhone 3GS but there are promises that it soon will be.
the exploit also claims to be unpatchable, but we’ll see about that. And yes it is unteathered.

Download link:

Click Here  (windows only)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:18:28 AM by Barnsey »

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: iPhone and iPod touch iOS 4.1 jailbreak,
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 07:55:17 AM »
Nice post, ty :)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:30:12 AM »
GeoHot needs to crawl back into the hole he was hiding in. im glad his exploit works on all devices (as I think its bull:censored: that SHAtter was hyped for so long as working on all devices only to find out 2 days before release that it only works on 4th gen devices), however I think that the way Geo re-entered the scene is really lame and shows what a douchebag he really is. Limera1n is a welcome exploit (and shows that all the old rumors of a limera1n exploit were true), but I will not use an exploit that was not fully tested simply so that Geo could be the jailbreaking equivalent of a 'first post' board troll and snag all the recognition and donations that CDT should've recieved. while I would have been irritated that SHAtter would not have worked on my idevice, I couldve waited for comex's userland jailbreak of 4.2. Now I will either wait for CDT to implement limera1n into greenpois0n or for the DevTeam to implement it into pwnage tool and ih8sn0w to make a windows version. I refuse to use GeoHots JB. 

Go crawl back under that rock GeoHot...

edit:
Yes, Limera1n is unpatchable via iOS update (it could however revert to being tethered via an iOS update since it gets the ability to be untethered via a userland exploit from comex), as are all bootrom exploits. the only way limera1n is going to go away is if apple updates the bootrom in new devices manufactured after the release of limera1n (which they will surely do).

Yes, limera1n will work on the 3GS once some decent devs implement the exploit into their own JB tools and actually test it (it is currently not working on the 3GS because egohot is a hack who didn't fully test his buggy code in his rushed attempt to be the jailbreak scene's greatest board troll and release before CDT).

do not believe the 'six months in the making' BS he is feeding people. yes he found the exploit 6 months ago, but that doesn't mean he's spent six months coding and testing his jailbreak, meaning it is not six months in the making. it's more like 2 days in the making...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:44:56 AM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Masterwlf

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 02:15:03 PM »
Has anyone tried this JailBreak Yet?

Offline Mogler

• Research & Development
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +11/-0
  • Seeding bittorrents like a digital pimp, son.
    • Indie Game Zone
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 03:37:24 PM »
yeah i just did it on a iphone 3gs, its legit. and it worked perfect. :tup:

Youtube: CallawayINC
Blog: Mogler

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 04:09:39 PM »
waits for iphone dev or cronic dev to do a mac version.

but even though what geohot did was a douchey move i think in the grand scheme of things it was for the greater good as now shatter exploit can be left as a potential for an exploit after apple respin the bottrom on the devices to patch the limera1n exploit.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
Will this work for iphone 3g? it only says iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G on the site?

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline SNiPERSEyE

• Guy who draws things...
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:04:32 PM »
yay...
worked for me ...
iPhone 4 iOS4.0.2  bb  1 59 00

does not work on 3g
i tried it...
 use redsnow !
its been supported for a while now!!!!

i also agree that geohot is a douchebag but hey finally got tmobile back...

Im a visual arts major at Dreyfoos highschool of the arts , I love games  taking stuff apart (electronics) i have a ton of psps (some modded some not) 2 ps3s and a 3ds im happy with it.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 08:50:40 AM »
@samysososa: as far as I know it works for the 3G. Iphonehacks.com posted jailbreak instructions for all devices working with limera1n (though personally I'd wait for the dev team or chronic dev team to release one of their tools incorporating limera1n as I've heard quite a few complaints with the geohot release)...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 01:28:37 PM »
To sum up it up to you jrfhoutx. Geohot is good at what he does, but hes nothing but an :censored:.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:29:08 PM by ¢Starrz »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
To sum up it up to you jrfhoutx. Geohot is good at what he does, but hes nothing but an :censored:.

Uuhhh... No :censored:. I agree that he is good at what he does, to a point, but it doesn't change the fact that he's an immature :censored:.

I think geo is good at what he does, however it seems he has no interest in actually helping the community. It always seems as though he releases simply for the notoriety and $$. If he were mature he would have actually discussed his exploit with other devs and not have done something so childish. If he had any interest in the community beyond that then he might actually test his tools before release and work with a group that will actually support and test the tools they release (like CDT and the DevTeam do). He would have seen that both of those teams give credit where credit is due and he still would have received credit for the exploit and received a portion of the donations. I can't stand people like geo (and I've known way more than my fair share of them).

I could go on and on about this but I'll stop myself now. All I will say is that the boy is an immature douchebag, and though I thank him for his 'six months of work' (which is total bull:censored:), I'll wait for a tool from either the DevTeam or CDT and I will make my donation to them since I know how hard they actually have been working (been following the twitter feed since they announced their exploit) for the benefit of the community. If geohot wants my $ he's gonna have to pry it out of my cold dead hands...

/rant

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »
doesn't work for me

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 10:18:37 PM »
The new jailbreak, titled limera1n, is not yet supported on iPhone 3GS but there are promises that it soon will be.
the exploit also claims to be unpatchable, but we’ll see about that. And yes it is unteathered.

Download link:

Click Here  (windows only)

it is now avilable for all three

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal