Author Topic: Please Help 40mm Speaker Mod  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Jay_Rulen

• IF You Like UnderGround Rap / Hip-Hop AM YOUR GUY
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Local Philly Rapper YouTube JayRulenBaby
Please Help 40mm Speaker Mod
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:28:04 PM »
 Can Someone Look @ This & Tell  Me If This Work?

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,32814.0.html

These Are The 2 Question I Have ...

1st....Question

What's The Best Result As Far As Sound Quality?
Is It Better To Wire It To The Two Small Speakers Or
Is It Better To Wire It To The Motherboard ? 

2nd....Question 

Can I Use The 40mm Speaker On The Back Of The UMD Door  And Still  Keep My  UMD ?

I Was Gonna Cut It  Out  And Make It  Fit

:beg: PLEASE HELP  :beg:
Support The  UnderGround Hip-Hop/Rap Movement @  http://www.youtube.com/user/JayRulenBaby?feature=mhum

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: Please Help 40mm Speaker Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
Here to help jay, soldering to the speakers or motherboard should not affect sound quality.  New modders that solder to the speaker contacts for the first time get frustrated because when you heat them up they almost always fall off, and you wind up having to put A bit of solder where the contacts used to be so the speakers connect. If you solder the wire to the speaker, this eliminates that problem, but It can be harder to wire to the left speaker as it is incased in black plastic.

And for your second question, depending on what type of psp you have will probably determine whether or not you can keep your umd. You will just have to make sure that the speaker does not enter the umd bay area too much, or your umd will not spin right. It's possible to do it, but the psp is going to be pretty thick.

Good luck!  :tup:

Offline Jay_Rulen

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:11:33 AM »
VaLoRkEy  :tup: thanks  4  ur help  bro  im gonna  try 2  wire it 2 the motherboard  ...what  would u do ?

and  as  far  as  wat  kind  i have a  psp 2001 vador  style  lol  but i will  try  2 do that  40mm  speaker mod  on my  broken  psp slim if it  works  then  woohoo  :clap:  but  if  it  dont  i  say  a few  words  like this  ...  :censored:  lol  and thanks  4  ur help 
Support The  UnderGround Hip-Hop/Rap Movement @  http://www.youtube.com/user/JayRulenBaby?feature=mhum

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »
VaLoRkEy  :tup: thanks  4  ur help  bro  im gonna  try 2  wire it 2 the motherboard  ...what  would u do ?

and  as  far  as  wat  kind  i have a  psp 2001 vador  style  lol  but i will  try  2 do that  40mm  speaker mod  on my  broken  psp slim if it  works  then  woohoo  :clap:  but  if  it  dont  i  say  a few  words  like this  ...  :censored:  lol  and thanks  4  ur help

No prob jay, and ya I'd wire to them motherboard. But just be aware that if the gold plates do desolder in the process, they are not necessary to have you speaks working, you just need to make sure there is enough solder down where the plate used to be, and also remember if you add too much, the speaker won't fit right. And I'd try it on your broken one first.  :hifive:

Offline Jay_Rulen

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:06 AM »
 :hifive: thanks alot  bro  :hifive:  i'm gonna work on that this weekend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal