Author Topic: psp 1000 led help!!!  (Read 3101 times)

Offline sparky1570

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
psp 1000 led help!!!
« on: January 09, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »
i need to put exactly 106 leds in my psp is it doable? with out it crashing or shutting off? even if i get a more beefy battery at walmart (the battery that has gold lettering on it) im gonna make it have 48 sound sensative leds (hooked uo to the speekers) will i need to pop a risistor by the speekers? and i am going to hook up 48 leds to the power led only im going to pop the resistor so its brighter. how can i do this?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:39:36 PM by sparky1570 »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: psp 1000 led help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
You sound like you have NO idea what you are doing. However you are ambitious, so if you are going to attempt something as ridiculous as this, please browse the forum and brush up on your knowledge a little more. And make sure you have a spare hundred dollars lying around, because you are definitely going to need it when you are finished.. :rofl:

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 02:42:32 AM »
im not flaming but 100 leds you are aware if you wire this in parralel it will work but you  will get about 10 mins battery life why dont you put 10 or so in as any one here with a psp will tell you do you think 100 leds will fit in a psp case plus the wire you will probs fry the psp with 100 leds come on lad use your brains

Offline sparky1570

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
yes i do know what i am doing i have been doing this for over 2 years and thats why i feel up to this challenge and i am trying to cut down on the leds but it may mess up my design 

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
yes i do know what i am doing i have been doing this for over 2 years and thats why i feel up to this challenge and i am trying to cut down on the leds but it may mess up my design
Please excuse me for being rude, and don't take this the wrong way, but I would NEVER believe you if you told me you were doing this for one year. One year is 365 days. PLENTY enough to learn how to mod things. So if you're telling me you have DOUBLE the amount of experience of a year, and DO NOT KNOW the answer to if you can hook up 106 leds to the PSP's speakers or power Led, you're basically calling me a freaking idiot. And the way you explained how you wanted to do it also makes you seem very inexperienced. The Battery with the Gold Lettering on it? Did you really explain it that way, the way you should have is explained the battery model, or the amount of milliamp hours in the battery, not the color of the lettering. And I have no idea how cutting down on 106 leds could mess up your design, but it is YOUR design. And then you talk about popping a resistor... The only method I know of bypassing the resistor is to either remove it and connect the solder points, or to bridge the resistor. And if you are going to hook up 48 freaking leds to something, I probably wouldn't solder them to the power led. And 48 + 48 = 96, not 106? You have me very confused, but I hope you will explain yourself more so I or someone else can help you.

Offline sparky1570

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »
lol i said it like i did for you guys to understand better. i also had to remove a resistor for the leds that where connected to my power led and i and i have been doing psp led soldering and moding for two years and i have had the psp shut down on me for using 8 sound sensative led at a high volume i was wondering if there was some alternative way i just wanted to hear what you guys had to say

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 05:49:09 PM »
lol i said it like i did for you guys to understand better. i also had to remove a resistor for the leds that where connected to my power led and i and i have been doing psp led soldering and moding for two years and i have had the psp shut down on me for using 8 sound sensative led at a high volume i was wondering if there was some alternative way i just wanted to hear what you guys had to say
Well I consider myself barely experienced, there are some very experienced members on here, and talking about popping a resistor is going to confuse people, not make them understand you better. You still haven't said if this is a psp 1000, 2000, and so on. I'm going guess 1000. And I've used 12 leds before and not have it shut down before, but different things can happen with different leds. And yes, use a lm386 if you are going to have a lot of leds. But you are missing the point, there is no reason to install 106 leds in a psp, and why does that exact number matter? You told me 48 of each type, which would be 96, not 106. There is nothing wrong with you attempting this, but you have not told us where you plan to place all of those leds, and how you are going fit all of those wires inside of your psp. You aren't making sense to me..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:51:14 PM by VaLoRkEy »

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
rafaiol or sometihng had the shutting down problem how to solve USE A RESISTOR

Offline sparky1570

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:05:27 PM »
well if i said 96 then i miscounted i need 106 leds but i think its possible to shorten the amount of leds i think i may have to cus 30 awg wire will get thick after 212 strands of wire (positive and negative) hang on im replacing the leds on photo shop now.... ok i lowered it to 57 leds total instead of 106 now its alot more doable... i have 28 sound sensitive and 29 solid leds (0603 smd leds) but still am wondering if its gonna work.... its it is its gonna be a hell of a long time to wire up (meaning i have to solder 114 wires... better than 212) so with the SS leds (sound sensitive) there will be 18 leds hooked up to each speeker and for the solid ones well i need to find some posative and negative points on the motherboard so it doenst get all clumped into one spot

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
well if i said 96 then i miscounted i need 106 leds but i think its possible to shorten the amount of leds i think i may have to cus 30 awg wire will get thick after 212 strands of wire (positive and negative) hang on im replacing the leds on photo shop now.... ok i lowered it to 57 leds total instead of 106 now its alot more doable... i have 28 sound sensitive and 29 solid leds (0603 smd leds) but still am wondering if its gonna work.... its it is its gonna be a hell of a long time to wire up (meaning i have to solder 114 wires... better than 212) so with the SS leds (sound sensitive) there will be 18 leds hooked up to each speeker and for the solid ones well i need to find some posative and negative points on the motherboard so it doenst get all clumped into one spot
please don't throw unecessary terms at me, I know exactly what you are talking about..
And you are being ridiculous, we aren't chatting bro, there is no reason to tell me to hold on, you are making a post. And why would you add 57 leds on a psp in photoshop...Someone's exaggerating just a LITTLE bit...
"FACEPALM"
But enough of me poking fun at you, i commend you for your determination. If you are going to put 57 leds, that is MAYBE doable.  But what I reccomend to you first is doing about 16, and posting a picture of it, so we can see how you solder, and how you're wiring arrangement is. If it is sloppy, there is no way you will be able to fit all of those wires. As I learned today, if you are going to use a lot of led's you're probably going to need a transistor, or maybe a few in your case. I'm not the best at understanding electrical formulas and stuff, so I'd ask someone else for help on that.
If you've only done trigger mods and stuff like that, get some practice first, and like i said don't bite off more than you can chew, and upload how you work, so we can help you more.

-VaL

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »
The simple fact is, resistor or no, you are never going to get enough power, no matter how gold the lettering, if you want to carry around a massive battery to power this go ahead, and you would never even fit all the LEDs in, i smell troll tho

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 01:58:31 AM »
needing a transistor is completly different you needed a transistor as the chip only gives out 25 ma the fact is the psp is more and if he wired it in paralel he wouldnt need a transistor it was because you was using a chip

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 05:29:48 AM »
needing a transistor is completly different you needed a transistor as the chip only gives out 25 ma the fact is the psp is more and if he wired it in paralel he wouldnt need a transistor it was because you was using a chip
@Famas hmmm this sounds familiar... :P hes not using a pic so the 25ma is irrelevant

@sparky no offence intended but after two years of modding you really should know the correct way to do sound reactive LEDs is with a transistor. you may even need a couple of transistors and depending on your power point probably gonna need one for the non sound reactive leds. so the real question is how are you gonna fit all of this in a psp? maybe if you could show us your photoshop pics we would be able to help you better

Offline sparky1570

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »
i commend you for your determination. If you are going to put 57 leds, that is MAYBE doable.  But what I reccomend to you first is doing about 16, and posting a picture of it, so we can see how you solder, and how you're wiring arrangement is. If it is sloppy, there is no way you will be able to fit all of those wires. As I learned today, if you are going to use a lot of led's you're probably going to need a transistor, or maybe a few in your case. I'm not the best at understanding electrical formulas and stuff, so I'd ask someone else for help on that.
If you've only done trigger mods and stuff like that, get some practice first, and like i said don't bite off more than you can chew, and upload how you work, so we can help you more.

-VaL
dont worry about my soldering i to a :censored: LOAD of it im also pretty tidy when it comes to arranging wires. i am prepared to do this thats why im doing it and if i where some 13 year old kid who didnt know that much about what hes doing then yeah i wouldnt of even brought this up cus it is a very complicated design

Post Merge: January 12, 2011, 09:32:58 PM
@Famas hmmm this sounds familiar... :P hes not using a pic so the 25ma is irrelevant

@sparky no offence intended but after two years of modding you really should know the correct way to do sound reactive LEDs is with a transistor. you may even need a couple of transistors and depending on your power point probably gonna need one for the non sound reactive leds. so the real question is how are you gonna fit all of this in a psp? maybe if you could show us your photoshop pics we would be able to help you better
when i said i had 2 years experience i meant general moding/soldering experience not all just to to with the psp but i did start out with the psp
and i think i wont use a transistor for that one spot because it gives off enough power and makes the leds bright enough and if i ever do need a transistor then i can get small ones and put it anywhere in the psp cus the psp 1000 are spacious!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:32:58 PM by sparky1570 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal