Author Topic: New Job  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
New Job
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »
hi gang!

i finished my first week on the job and i thought id give you a look at what im working with.

LASERS!!!!
this is a laser that is entering a fiberlight box ware it is shifted in to two greens, two blues, and two violates. one set is shifted and the other is not. it is coupled in to a probe

this is the probe ware we are using a humidifier to find ware the beams cross so we can focus our receiver on it.

this is the whole set up with the probe, receiver, humidifier, droplets, and spray we use to run the experiments and calibrate the equipment.

one of the guys focusing the receiver

me trying to take a pic of the beam crossing through the view finder

me trying to take a pic of the beam crossing through the view finder

a stream of drops that we are able to control the freq of that passes through the crossing of the beams.

with our equipment pictured we are able to measure with in one micron the the particle. im still learning all the things our equipment is capable of but i am having a blast and learning new things every day.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: New Job
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:51:04 PM »
What the hell is your job? Building some dooms day device?

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »
nope we build and maintain imaging equipment for use in fluid dynamics 

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 02:40:50 AM »
This is kinda like the christmas story...lol Instead of ralphy going to shoot his eye out, You better be safe, you might burn your eye out trying to take pics of the laser thru the lens...

I dont understand what that has to do with fluid dynamics, but they never taught that kind of stuff when I was in school. good job keep up the good work,

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
This is kinda like the christmas story...lol Instead of ralphy going to shoot his eye out, You better be safe, you might burn your eye out trying to take pics of the laser thru the lens...

I dont understand what that has to do with fluid dynamics, but they never taught that kind of stuff when I was in school. good job keep up the good work,

not going to happen. im using a iphone not any kind of SLR that could focus the laser back in to my eye. not to mention we are using this laser with filters and at a low enough intensity that unless i stick my eye in front of the beam and stare in to it nothing is going to happen.

we do have lasers else ware in our lab that require protective eye ware. but again taking a photo of them with a non SLR camera runs no risk except for possibly killing a pixel or two on the CCD

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:22 AM »
nope we build and maintain imaging equipment for use in fluid dynamics

exactly hows this work? or what its used for in everyday use?

not going to happen. im using a iphone not any kind of SLR that could focus the laser back in to my eye. not to mention we are using this laser with filters and at a low enough intensity that unless i stick my eye in front of the beam and stare in to it nothing is going to happen.

we do have lasers else ware in our lab that require protective eye ware. but again taking a photo of them with a non SLR camera runs no risk except for possibly killing a pixel or two on the CCD

I was joking with you ,lol but you explaind the camera part well....its cool when your learning new stuff every day that you can understand and advance also.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »
I have a friend in Philadelphia who works for National Instruments, he services and installs PLC equipment in factories like motor controllers and sensors. Does your company use a similar kind of system or do you use custom spec systems?

That looks like some pretty intense work you do there. I think thats ether an oscope or spectrum analyzer on the table of picture 2.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:17 AM »
fire the frickin lazerz

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
exactly hows this work? or what its used for in everyday use?

think of the laser as a flash and optics as a camera. the optics feeds the light in to a box that turns the light in to a digital signal that another box out puts to a computer in a fashion that a program on the computer turns in to data the customer can use. the system can be used to measure intensity, diameter to one micron, and with the use of a second receiver can produce 3D representations of a liquid spray. i don't know the exact uses of the system our customers use them for but we sell quite a lot of them to research company's and university's. the lasers are used in environments ware you would not want to place a actual probe.

I have a friend in Philadelphia who works for National Instruments, he services and installs PLC equipment in factories like motor controllers and sensors. Does your company use a similar kind of system or do you use custom spec systems?

That looks like some pretty intense work you do there. I think thats ether an oscope or spectrum analyzer on the table of picture 2.

not even close. your friend is most likely working with automation for assembly lines or packaging lines of some kind. our equipment has every thing to do with fluid dynamics. it is all measurement and diagnostic equipment.

wile i was at school we worked with siemens and allen bradley PLCs i loved them. they were only a small part of my program at school but ive contemplated going back for the automation program.

and yes that is a oscope. i have 3 of them in my lab plus a number of other equipment.  there are something like 6 or 7 in our department.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 09:33:33 AM »
Thanks, for clearing that up :) sounds pretty cool. only thing that really matters that your happy doing what your doing at work or home or play

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal