Author Topic: un-stealthing a stealth install?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
un-stealthing a stealth install?
« on: February 10, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
stealth installs have one wire going to the tact button on the motherboard of the 360 controller so you can use the sync button to change modes. if i put that one wire to a new tact button that i drilled a hole for, which pad on the motherboard would i have to solder to the other pin on the tact button to make it functional?

there are three pins on the original sync button, you solder the one wire coming from the PIC with the stealth code to the middle one normally. i will solder that one wire to the tact, and try one of each of the other pads next to the middle one on the motherboard tact switch and see if that works. if it works i will reply it works. but i still would very much like an answer if anyone knows!!! thanks !! :) and can i solder more then one wire to that pad for multiple stealthed codes to work the same? thanks!

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
Re: un-stealthing a stealth install?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:03:50 PM »
yep that will work, you dont have to solder to the sync button though, you can use any ground. i would just use the ground pin from the PIC to make it easier.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:09:11 AM »
yep that will work, you dont have to solder to the sync button though, you can use any ground. i would just use the ground pin from the PIC to make it easier.

correct... wire from the pic to the tact then from the tact to any ground point on the pad, i usualy use the one for the pic as it means i can just run both wires from the tact to the pic t make the wiring simpiler

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:24 AM »
Thank you so much!! ive been trying to figure it out forever. i did not know that it had to make contact with a ground point to change modes.

thank you!  :yess:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:14:49 AM by Data Hacker »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal