Author Topic: Xbox360 Optical/Hdmi Same Time  (Read 1265 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Xbox360 Optical/Hdmi Same Time
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:18:07 PM »
Sup bros, I recently bought me a cheap in the box surround sound from walmart. It only has one hdmi port and my projector also only has one hdmi port. I was not able to run my xbox via hdmi and have surround sound at the same time. I had to hook up my xbox to my projector with a vga to component adapter that only put out 480i=crap. So i decided to rip apart an extra component cable and tear out the optical hookup. Its super easy, all you have to do is rip off the plastic cover and cut the wires off front the component cables and your left with just the optical hookup. Now i can run hdmi 1080p connected to the projecter and optical to the surround sound receiver. It doesnt look all that professional because i did it in like 5 minutes lol and wrapped it with electrical tape.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Re: Xbox360 Optical/Hdmi Same Time
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
Nice innovation. Whenever you have a few spare moments you should clean it up and make it look better. Great work!

-TwisT

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »
Yeah, ill end up making it all one piece. Lol i hate electrical tape so much, it looks like ass. But i was in a hurry to play some black ops.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »
No, i tried to connect the component and hdmi cable at the same time but the component hookup is to fat which prevents both from being connected. But ive never seen that thing. It still looks the same size as the component hookup, so im not sure how that would work. Plus i think its cool to just have a little card looking thing instead of the entire component hookup with wires and all. I definitely recommend this mod to anybody that has the same situation as me. It seriously only takes like 5 minutes to do and you dont have to go out and buy anything to do it.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
i guess i dont fully understand, you have HDMI and want optical out for audio? that link works (friend uses one)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
i guess i dont fully understand, you have HDMI and want optical out for audio? that link works (friend uses one)

Reread his original post. There were not enough HDMI ports to run everything so this came into being.

-TwisT

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »
you could have just popped the plastic pieces off of the component cables that comes with the console. Without the plastic shell on it, both the hdmi and the other cables fit in. if your not using the component video, the output automatically goes through hdmi and vise versa. sound can be played through both hdmi and the optical at the same time.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
Lol I know........the reason I made it to the size of a credit card, so I don't have wires hanging off of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal