Author Topic: psp phat led mod question  (Read 1205 times)

Offline COREGAMER

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • I <3 LEDs
psp phat led mod question
« on: March 01, 2011, 03:54:56 AM »
ok so I recently did the trigger mod using 3mm leds b/c none of the shops near me sold any smds.
now my question is that if I do the UMD door led mod then will the leds fit in there properly and will I still be able to play UMDs?
"A Gamer is only as good as his hardware"

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Re: psp phat led mod question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 07:49:47 AM »
not unless you cut down the clear casing of the 3mm LEDs, and even then I don't know how far you could cut it down and if it would fit then. the only way to know I suppose is to try.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:50:15 AM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
There is a way. I have done it before. It is extremely jank but It works. I installed 4 3mm leds into my UMD door, and I kept the umd drive in, it looked nice. Well It turns out if you tape down the tabs that close the circuits that cause the laser and gears to operate, the drive will activate. And then if you take the "disc" out of the UMD "housing" you can stick it in. The black thing which it rotates on is magnetic, It will snap right into place. So I put a UMD in and it read it fine. With the door open of course. I put the leds really close to the ring, so the disc didn't have enough space to close. If you put them far enough away from the center on the door, you should be able to play with the door closed.

Just a though :3

Offline vhinzane19

• vhinzane_19
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
[Psp Phat] lm386 sound reactive mod diagram
I had difficulty looking for LM386 in our country, thats why in replacement i found KIA4558P audio I.C.
Does KIA4558P have the same procedure of installing or diagram as LM386 sound reactive mod?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal