Author Topic: Thoeretical ps360 controller  (Read 8403 times)

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
Thoeretical ps360 controller
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:55:08 AM »
hi guys, this is just a video showing you how i made previously a ps360 controller . this is just a quick overview of how i did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1l_AOlu2fk

this is just a theoretical procces. since i dont have anymore acid co copper clad board im not able to show the hole process of making one.

but pretty soon i might get a wireless controller so i will document everything and show you what errors i make. so in case you guys want to create one yourself you know how to do it properly.

what would be even better is if anyone of you guys know how to program a 18F2455 with usb HID to emulate a gamepad and do the same? lol idk. if anyone else know how to program it then it would be even easier and take out 1 board all together! xD

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
Re: Thoeretical ps360 controller
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:34:30 AM »
can we see the one you made?

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »
Hum the previus one i made i let it borrowed to onee of my friends. And he said he "lost it" bull :censored:! Lol but i expect to make a wirless better. This will be better and simple to solder.

And i saw in some webpage that if u mix vinigar oxigenperoxide and a pisk of salt it also acts like a acid for copper. So ima have fun with that too lol but my only problem is just getting some single or dubble sided bard that is atleast 4x6 in a cheap price lol
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:20:43 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:13:03 AM »
And i saw in some webpage that if u mix vinigar oxigenperoxide and a pisk of salt it also acts like a acid for copper. So ima have fun with that too lol but my only problem is just getting some single or dubble sided bard that is atleast 4x6 in a cheap price lol

WOW, they just discovered a new chemical substance! lol yeah i happen to be a bit of a chemist and oxygen peroxide doesn't exist.

as for vinegar etching copper it could work i suppose but would probably be incredibly slow as vinegar is only 5% acid.

ferric chloride is a good etchant and not difficult to get hold of and the boards are dead cheap on ebay.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
Not to diagree but I've seen people use this method. But it's try. It panfilly slow to etch ~45in. For a 3x3 board. I know it's cheap. Lol I've done etching thousands of times before. Lol ima see if I can find the link to that article lol. The only problem I would have is the shipping.

Well all I was proposing is a different method than benhecks or RDC

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
Not to diagree but I've seen people use this method. But it's try. It panfilly slow to etch ~45in. For a 3x3 board.

with oxygenperoxide?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
what on earth is oxygenperoxide.... surely its a peroxide

Quote from: wikipedia
A peroxide is a compound containing an oxygen-oxygen single bond or the peroxide anion ([O−O]2–).[1] The O−O group is called the peroxide group or peroxo group. In contrast to oxide ions, the oxygen atoms in the peroxide ion have an oxidation state of −1.

so surely oxygenperoxide would be  oxygen bonded with even more oxygen..... so just more oxygen.... not a peroxide....

did u mean hydrogen-peroxide or the chemical name dihydrogen dioxide

or some other peroxide ... oxygenperoxide doesnt exist.....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:49:12 PM by spurgurgle »

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
yes hydrogenperoxide. sorry about hat guy... it was just a mistake.

http://www.stephenhobley.com/blog/2011/03/02/still-messing-with-forces-i-dont-understand-the-formula/

there if you guy wanna take a look then there. go...

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
see this is the point I've been making about double and triple reading posts for accuracy in order to prevent confusion in posts...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »
dude can you just talk about the work? or the theory? i dont have a beef with you, but dam! now you chasing me to though other topics to correct my bad english? how helpful was your post?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »
pics, are you really telling me you actually pulled off this incredible mod without any posting or documentation at all, you cant show one piece of proof........hard to accept.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 06:15:35 PM »
yes but in reality its not much work compared to RDC. im not trying to say i did one or not, just saying ive done one this method, and it would be easy for someone else to replicate one.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
try again using english. you speak well in the vid? I cant understand your last post.

you say:
im not trying to say you did one or not but you did one?????

what the hell does that mean

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
there is a big difference between speaking English  and writing. and in the vid i try my hardest to not have a accent because many of my friends also mention to me that sometimes they dont understand what i say.

what i said was that the project was a quick build i did over a weekend. The method i showed above was just to show you guys a hypothetical method you guys could follow to create your own.

and if you wanted pics of the controller sure, but i only have some pics my friend took of it working. i realy did not take pics of the hole processes. if that was what you were looking for, sorry i dont have pics of that. but when i get all the parts i need for a wireless build, i will document it to a full extend.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:37:17 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 06:41:59 PM »
Good idea man but i've seen controllers modded without having to etch any PCBs... they just took a trip to radioshack and bought some of that perforated pre-drilled PCBs to mount the d-pad and everything. I would do it if i had a PS3 controller because its piss easy and anybody could do it with some solder and a hot glue gun.

Oh BTW if you try to hide your idiosyncrasies(stuff you do without noticing, habits) they become worse, who cares man as long as you weren't picking your nose and talking/scratching your armpit on cam etc. We're OK with it!

Hey this is going to be alright
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:52:30 PM by FOOKz™ »

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »
Im sorry gerald,but from one modder to another, to pull a mod like that off and not document it is beyond my comprehension. thats like drivng the wrong way in traffic or straking on a football field in the dark with no one there, kinda pointless

you speak much better than you write.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
yea i know :/ i wasnt the best at my writting class lol. and when i start talking realy fast  i get the accent and studder in eglish .

@matt i know (i picked up the speaking easly after 2 years). it was just a quick favor for a friend who was coming from arizona to play with me some COD. and sicnce we were different systems, it was a quick build that i rushed. so instead of arguing if i did it or not lest just say the wireless version will be a future project you will all get to see.

@ well i was about to go with that route but since radioshack was closed early on saturday & copperclad board was  laying around i might as well figured to do that lol. and yess ive noticed that  when  try to hide my accent xD well atleast i learned a new word lol. thanks " idiosyncrasies" dictionary +1  :tup: 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:59:33 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »
ok, I'm not intentionally following you around to harp on you about your english, I am simply trying to point out that you get frustrated that people don't understand what you're trying to tell them, and that the way you write things and spell that it makes it that much harder for people to understand you hence why I've been trying to explain to you that making an effort to make clearer posts will lessen or end this confusion.

Now, after seeing this video and hearing you speak, and seeing your last two posts in this thread, I am not going to ever accept the excuse that it's not your first language and now I am going to follow you around and bug you about your english... you no longer have any excuse in my eyes... I now whole-heartedly believe that english not being your primary language is bull:censored: (we have had many members who really don't speak english as a primary language or even a second language, and they do a far better job of writing it than many of our members whose primary language is english), I just think you're lazy and are in too much of a rush to take the time to proof-read your posts before you post them.

I have to agree with matt, you speak perfect english in the video, so why can't you type it?  there is no difference between speaking english and typing or writing english. just write it like you speak it. write it down as if you were speaking it to someone else.

I'm now giving you fair warning and starting a personal vendetta, if you thought I was bad about it before you're really going to think I'm an :censored: now...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 07:00:28 AM »
all right, fair enough about your vendetta.at least i feel that your are honest finaly!.

but again no "yo originalmente soy mexicano y ablo espanol". im originaly mexican and i speak Spanish. look philipino though.

and and patten me but, there is a huge difference between speaking a language and writing. do you know other language other than English? dude! its super hard! have you ever tried it? i give alot of myself just to talk English for you guys. Other people might just write in Spanish and use google translate but that not realy knowing English. at least i try.

please before you insult man just try to learn a different language, you will see how hard it is. its easy of course to pick up the language due to peers but writing, thats hard.

well i hope then you say your going to be a ":censored:" its within a the rules of the forum.

also i inderstand when you said "I am simply trying to point out that you get frustrated that people don't understand what you're trying to tell them, and that the way you write things and spell that it makes it that much harder for people to understand you hence why I've been trying to explain to you that making an effort to make clearer posts will lessen or end this confusion. " and i do agree man, now i understand what your trying to say. unlike other post were you just say i dont write well.

but still man. sorry if my grammar and writting is not good compared to yours. AND NO, its not because im lazy or rushing, or any other excuses you made. Im just no in that level as other people like yourself.

various people that know me have also told brought up attention to my attention my writting and i am pushing myself to learn more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncl1k-beKQ8

[mod]@ geraldrubalcava, please do not double post, if u need to ad something, or post again after u were the last to post in a thread please just "EDIT" the last post....... edit by spurg global mod[/mod]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:19:01 AM by spurgurgle »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »
I have always been honest with you. there is a difference between lying and withholding.

I still disagree that writing is different than speaking a language, in fact writing it is easier as it gives you more time to solidify your thoughts and to express them, and also gives you the opportunity to correct mistakes before finalizing your statements. English is written in the same manner as it is spoken, it's not like it's kanji.

I am trying to learn other languages, in fact I'm working on 3 others right now; Italian, German, and Spanish. I will agree learning new languages is not easy.

I still feel that the excuse is invalid.

Now, on topic...

I'm with matt, I would really like to see some true documentation of this mod and a finished product.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
yee i know there is a difference. between them, but so some, like me, there have similar meaning.

well English is easy for you because you know it. and i dont think so. there are many more rules in grammar in English than in Spanish. and if im not mistaken, Spanish in the language that you write it how its pronounced. its too easy. And in Mexico education is more strict . ive also picked up some simplified Chinese because i had to take it for 4 years. that's a hole different ball park lol. well its not. its like if you move to Germany you would probably pick up the language easier, at least the spoken. for me it is English. But mad props for learning German tho! i love that country ! woooo! and im sure if you speak more with Spanish people you could pick is up easy.  :yess:

as for the topic, this was just showing you guys a hypothetical build you could do. i was not saying i made a ps360 controller for the topic name. It was just some info i though you guys might like to hear.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 11:53:57 PM »
lol you speak Spanish. Its good to know it for me (I´m from Spain). And yes, I agree with geraldrubalcava there are more rules in English.

I am learning English also and sometimes its difficult to explain or to understand you but like my teacher says "Practise makes perfect"

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 12:40:23 AM »
You said you made this mod in a weekend yes? Then surly it can't take you to long to do it again...... i'm sceptical on this

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »
yes its fearely easy, lol but materials. i i ordered some more acid and boards! xD hum im messing around with atmega 328p and v-usb lib. dam but i dont have enough I/O in in order to get everything working properly. unless i use some shift registers :/

BTW i love spain too! love there accent!  :tup:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:24:16 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »
yes its fearely easy, lol but materials. i i ordered some more acid and boards! xD hum im messing around with atmega 328p and v-usb lib. dam but i dont have enough I/O in in order to get everything working properly. unless i use some shift registers :/

BTW i love spain too! love there accent!  :tup:

whats the AVR for?

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
AVR to get HID working. the PS3 can recognize HID usb joysticks. so if i can just etch a single sided board and use SMD. for a more professional and simplistic board so it would properly fit inside a wired 360 controller without cutting. but im having trouble compiling for this "p"328. ive heard i can compile for the 168 and then transfer it to the 328p. but i lose half the memory allocation and ram :/ i would of preferred doing this on a pic but i cant find one with the right amount of I/O. i need one with 6 ADC(two analog sticks and the R&L trigger) & 12 digital pins (buttons and L3 R3) along with 4 more PWM, or simple on or off to get the player leds working, also rumble, but that's going to be had to ima prob leave this one out.. .

unless 6 ADC
 3 digital pins along with shift registers
4 for led.
FET for rumble?

well that's what im working on until the materials arrive.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:50:49 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
thats actually not a bad idea, as for PICs there are tons that fit your needs just look on the microchip website,

but tbh i'd rather keep the wireless functionallity

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 11:04:51 AM »
any good pic you could recommend that have a surface mount version? & yes i will do the wireless version, but china post is unbearably slow! as for wired version i might just go with v-usb with a ATiny45 and a snes controller for ps3. lol i would think its just a fun little hack.

BTW ATiny45 has only 8 pins but your able to jam a usb, and snes/nes connectors into it. wooo! xD
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:06:32 AM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
any good pic you could recommend that have a surface mount version? & yes i will do the wireless version, but china post is unbearably slow! as for wired version i might just go with v-usb with a ATiny45 and a snes controller for ps3. lol i would think its just a fun little hack.

BTW ATiny45 has only 8 pins but your able to jam a usb, and snes/nes connectors into it. wooo! xD

I couldn't recommend as i have never used any of them personally but they are all available in atleast one SMD package

and yeah nes controller would be pretty cool and i have some tiny45s already :P

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »
well if you want to build a nes or snes controller here are the links. but you will need (2) 3.6 1/2w zenier diodes and only 3 resistors :)

http://www.judevine.net/content/nes-game-pad

(german) http://hobbyelektronik.org/w/index.php?title=SNES-Joypad

or here http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/prjhid.html

that would be a amazing if you can make a controller like that. lol

OMG how about a wireless IR nes cotntroller? and have a ATiny45 for usb Joystick emu (receiver). And then another ATiny in the controller with a pnp transistor for a IR Led. lol

that sir would be Awesome!

but i digress. i will have my stuff ready in some time.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:49:01 AM by geraldrubalcava »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal