Author Topic: jewel mod?  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Zombiecide

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
jewel mod?
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
Hey all, new to teh modding scene and just found this awsome site :tup:  anyways, im doing trigger/ jewel mod to my psp, only problem is i got no idea where to get a jewel!  where da heck u guys get ur jewels nowadays!?

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: jewel mod?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:29:53 PM »
they can't be found :,( i seriously haven't been able to find one anywhere, if you do let me know!!

Offline Zombiecide

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
i tried looking everywhere too! i would make one out of a cd case or something but i know it would come out looking lame. there has got to be someone on this forum who owns or at least has access to an engraver! anyone? :beg:

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
search through the modders for hire section of this site and i believe there is a guy who makes them for you.

but i think that you have to either send him a UMD door or pay for him to get you a new one and add the jewel to it.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline Zombiecide

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »
Well i found a couple websites online that specialize in custom engraving so im gonna call a few of these people to see if they will do it.  i guess im just gonna have to try to explain it to them.  btw does anyone that has a jewel know the specs of one so i can tells them how big to make it?

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
just measure the diameter of the recess that the silver ring of the PSP sits in and that's the diameter of the jewel, somewhere around 6.3mm, though don't quote me on that as it's not accurate. thickness is somewhere around 2mm, though again, not accurate so don't quote me on it... use a vernier caliper and measure it...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal