Author Topic: RAM ISSUES  (Read 2076 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
RAM ISSUES
« on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »
whats up everyone ran into a weird problem with my pc today had it BSOD on me this morning and not want to come back on so i ripped the side off and started tinkering and pulled out all 4 1gig sticks of ram i had in it. Added 1gig of ram back to it started right up no problem shut it back down added a second 1gig stick of ram for a total of 2x1gig of ram total started fine shut the pc back down. Added a third 1gig stick of ram won't boot turns on for a split second starts to load the first bios screen about halfway and shuts down took the third stick out and popped the 4th 1 gig stick in same result won't boot took the 2x1gig sticks out that i knoew booted out put the other 2x1gig sticks that wouldn't boot in in the place of the 2 that did pc bootsso i figure ok maybe the 2 ram slots blew so i shut the pc back down and swaped the 2x1gig sticks into the unused spots pc boots up fine so i shut it down try to add the 3rd stick back to the original 2 slots that i know worked with the ram before and no boot it seems like if i try to go over 2 gigs my pc won't boot i even wiped the harddrive and reinstalled windows vista same thing wiped the harddrive a second time installed windows 7 still got the same problem all 4 1 gig sticks are ddr2 5300u 555-12 but if i try to run all 4 it won't boot any suggestions i know the ram and memory cards are in good working order cause i swaped them all into every slot and they all boot its just like i said if i try to add more than 2x1gig sticks and it won't even boot to the bios any clue i have tried everything

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Re: RAM ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:23:10 AM »
have you updated the bios lately? that could of changed something. shouldnt of had to wipe the hard drive ,  does it beep at all on boot up? usually you will get a couple of beeps they mean something ,  if no beeps then i would say its not a memory errror.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:33:32 AM »
it beeps once if i try to put more than 2x1gig in it but like i said i tried each 1gig stick on its own in each slot and all the sticks and slots booted thats why i know it can't be a hardware issue or the ram its just weird cause it was running fine and i figured ok maybe it did a drivers update that messed something up and i have gone through the device manager 4 times and nothing has been updated driver wise i even went as far as reflashing the bios thinking they somehow got corupted and that didn't fix it

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:36:09 AM »
Some motherboards you have to alternate the memory, every other slot, Mines like that and it sucks.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »
they are all 4x1gig sticks of samsung ddr2 5300u 555-12 ram have tried every configuration and still the same result if i try to boot with more than 2 gigs it will start loading the first bios screen and then shut itself off

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:39:58 AM »
check the bios. and do like I said, pop the battery out wait ten seconds and reboot it, should reset the bios

Rodent consoles mods

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »
i did that and cleared it added a 3rd 1 gig stick back into it after clearing it and it will go as far as the loading windows screen then just shut off????

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »
Now it wont boot at all wtf IM about to throw this thing in the dumpster

Edit: came to the decision its got to be my motherboard about to order this to replace it what do you guys think

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5235299&CatId=2838
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:49:55 PM by krazyone2006 »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »
check the board over, maybe its got some blown capacitors , I had one that I had that would do just about the same thing, $ 6.00s and  it was fixed

Rodent consoles mods

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »
Yeah I pulled it out the case and looked over it didnt see any blown or swelled capasitators  I think it was just the boards time you figure it will be 6 years old in December and its a ecs nettle2 board not the greatest longest lasting boards either LOL

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
ok it was the motherboard got the ASUS one this morning hooked it and all works good awsome little board only been using for like 2 hours and its seems pretty solid going to see how gaming is on it later tonight thanks rodent for the help

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »
ok it was the motherboard got the ASUS one this morning hooked it and all works good awsome little board only been using for like 2 hours and its seems pretty solid going to see how gaming is on it later tonight thanks rodent for the help

anytime , I would look over the motherboard you might find its something easy to repair.

your welcome!

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal