Author Topic: jtag info  (Read 9571 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: jtag info
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
http://xbox-scene.com/   -    seems to have a lot of news on jtag apps etc

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
Thanks Robin for the info,

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 09:44:08 AM »
th jtag part is easy. its the software that there is no direction for, (the part crazy didnt finish) and so much different :censored: out there I am really getting pissed off. am at the end of crazys tut and dont know where to go next. he told me to skip xbr and just load freeboot, but that donst work, the three pigs app gives a different file everytime it compiles, with different unusable results each time I flash it to the xbox. and 90% of the tuts you see use xexmenu. but how do I get that on there.

I think I have to burn xexmenu to a dvd-r then load it to the xbox, and uses xex to update everything. but :censored: i dont know. I wish someone would finish the tutorial. every tut on the web stops in the same place crazy's tut stops......
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:47:01 AM by modded matt »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
they have just released a new version of freeboot and renaimed it something else i thnk

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Mogler

• Research & Development
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +11/-0
  • Seeding bittorrents like a digital pimp, son.
    • Indie Game Zone
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »
you can put xbr on it right now it and then when u get it all setup on the jtag you can reflash it with flash360 on the actual console with "updflash.bin" the updated freeboot i think its 5.32 now? 13359 you can look up how to update your jtag that on youtube after you load xbr on it.

Youtube: CallawayINC
Blog: Mogler

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
I put xbr on it following crazy tut. It just appears to be an outdated dash. 8xxx. All the freeboot updates use xexmenu. How do i get that on the box? Di i have to burn the so to a dvd?

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »
I put xbr on it following crazy tut. It just appears to be an outdated dash. 8xxx. All the freeboot updates use xexmenu. How do i get that on the box? Di i have to burn the so to a dvd?

Sry ive been away, just got back to indiana after a long drive. Matt lol....your making it harder than what it needs to be. The best pigs freeboot works for me EVERY time. Save it as freeboot.bin or whatever you want. Flash your kv and config.bins to the freeboot and flash the freeboot to your xbox. Simple as that. Thats why most people stop where i left off cause its pretty straight forward.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
I used freeboot and compiled it with my kv and config...three times, each time the hex editor showed a that they were different files. I got three different results, 1st was 3 red rings, 2nd was hang up at the xbox screen, 3rd was 1 red light. but then I compiled and flashed the xbr file  (from your tut) and it booted fine, so im sure my wiring part is fine.

I will try freeboot one more time.

so I will compile a feeboot with my original nand and cpu key, then write kv to it, then write config to it and finally flash it to the xbox. here goes....

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 04:47:40 PM »
froze at the loading screen, I did have a bad block at 1D2, I remapped it and am reflashing

after remapping the bad sector, it boots into the new dash with xex menu installed. now to figure out how to put it to work.

that took much longer than it should due to the bad block. I read that the system overlooks the bad blocks and looks for them to be reinserted from the end of the bank. therefore when it got to the end of mine, it wasnt there. this is how microsoft and freeboot both address the problem. I also read that I should open it back up and do something to protect it against an accidental official update...must look into that.

thanks for all the help getting it this far
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 05:30:07 PM by modded matt »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
froze at the loading screen, I did have a bad block at 1D2, I remapped it and am reflashing

after remapping the bad sector, it boots into the new dash with xex menu installed. now to figure out how to put it to work.

that took much longer than it should due to the bad block. I read that the system overlooks the bad blocks and looks for them to be reinserted from the end of the bank. therefore when it got to the end of mine, it wasnt there. this is how microsoft and freeboot both address the problem. I also read that I should open it back up and do something to protect it against an accidental official update...must look into that.

thanks for all the help getting it this far

yeah, theres a resistor your can remove to prevent the update. Im not exactly sure which one cause i never remove them.

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »
Its the R6T3 resistor its as easy as removing an 0603 led lol. It is on the bottom of the board where the cpu is. It says R6T3 next/near the resistor.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2011, 06:03:58 PM »
jtag's running good, got 500 gig hdd working. I could only use 16 gigs of space for official DLC games. but I can play backups from hdd on the rest of it. I wish I could transfer my arcade games to the fat32hdd portion and play them through xexmenu.

talk to me about emulators and applications??? what is xmod4u?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal