Author Topic: Anti-Rapid Fire Chip Concept  (Read 1822 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Anti-Rapid Fire Chip Concept
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »
This evening Crumbz and I were having a conversation and rapid fire chips came up. As some may know, I am one of the people against rapid fire chips. So my idea was, for shooters that I am good at is making the game more challenging by slowing down your weapons firing rate with what I have dubbed the anti-rapid fire chip.

Comments on ideas for completing this or just commenting on my concept are all welcome.

-TwisTtheTwiTcH

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
Re: Anti-Rapid Fire Chip Concept
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:15:46 PM »
i think there are already plenty of in game options to make the game more challenging, especially in black ops.

crapidfire dosnt really give you an advantage anyway. its more of a gimmick for kids to impress their friends with. you play no better with rapid fire than without, being good at a game involves alot more than shooting your gun faster than the opposition.

the macro controller from viking on the other hand, is playing the game for you.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:38:31 PM »
i think there are already plenty of in game options to make the game more challenging, especially in black ops.

crapidfire dosnt really give you an advantage anyway. its more of a gimmick for kids to impress their friends with. you play no better with rapid fire than without, being good at a game involves alot more than shooting your gun faster than the opposition.

the macro controller from viking on the other hand, is playing the game for you.

I think you've completely missed the point of my post. I don't use, or support rapid fire. I never suggested that they made you better. Quite the contrary. What I was talking about isn't a rapid fire chip, and it would make games more challenging and thus more fun.

-TwisT

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 05:11:58 AM »
So my idea was, for shooters that I am good at is making the game more challenging by slowing down your weapons firing rate with what I have dubbed the anti-rapid fire chip.

So what your aiming at is a rapidfire controller, but with the timings set lower than the speed of the average player, thus giving you a handicap.

Quite frankly, the viking will do this for you right now.

I disagree. The Viking in its entirety is nothing more than a rapidfire controller that allows you to make your own glitches. The only thing it does that other RF controllers cannot is record and playback of movements. Quite honestly, the record function is the most useless thing I have ever seen. It is definately not the most commonly used feature. I guess what I am saying, is that 99% of the controlers usefulness is 1 or 2 glitches on the most popular game being played right now. So the Viking Macro controller does nothing more than any other controller functionally. Its advantage is that people can change whatever they want, experiment on thier own, and get updates in the future.

IMO, this is an advantage. Redardless if the peron using a modded controller is a noob or is really skilled, the controller will only give that person an advantage to when they are not using a modded controller. The amount of an advantage is related to the skill of the person using the controller and the skill of the poeple being played against.

These 'glicthes' are specifically timed sequences that result in taking advantage of weak-points in the games coding. Hence, why they are called glitches. Ultimately, people will do whatever they can to 'get an advantage'. Considering how long rapidfire has been around, dont you think its more interesting that the game developers still havent fixed thier games so that these 'glitches' cannot be used?

As for my take on these games: I think its more unfair that the guns in the game are only available to people who play at least 200 hours. That advantage is greater than anything a RF controller can give you.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal