Author Topic: broken wifi on a fat psp..need help  (Read 6421 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
broken wifi on a fat psp..need help
« on: February 16, 2008, 06:09:31 PM »
i resently got a free psp off of a friend of mine ..he brinked his psp downgrading his frameware to a 1.5... i resently unbrinked it to a 3.72 m33-2 and redown graded (fully) to a 1.5 kernel.. for homebrew games and programs.. i wanted to connect my New (but used) psp to wifi and could not access my wifi connection..it would reply as "wlan is not activated" ..i tried looking for the switch and found a hole were the switch used to be.. turns out my friend throw his psp (luckly didnt break it) but did break the wifi connection from the side.. my psp is an old fat ...is there any schemetic's for the wifi?..or is there any way i can jump the board to have wifi on 24/7.. i would like to use it for head-to-head playing really through adhoc... is there any help?
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline Thorax

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: broken wifi on a fat psp..need help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »
i resently got a free psp off of a friend of mine ..he brinked his psp downgrading his frameware to a 1.5... i resently unbrinked it to a 3.72 m33-2 and redown graded (fully) to a 1.5 kernel.. for homebrew games and programs.. i wanted to connect my New (but used) psp to wifi and could not access my wifi connection..it would reply as "wlan is not activated" ..i tried looking for the switch and found a hole were the switch used to be.. turns out my friend throw his psp (luckly didnt break it) but did break the wifi connection from the side.. my psp is an old fat ...is there any schemetic's for the wifi?..or is there any way i can jump the board to have wifi on 24/7.. i would like to use it for head-to-head playing really through adhoc... is there any help?

Why would you downgrade it to 1.5? Custom firmware has that option. You just have to install the kernal.

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »
so you are saying your switch is broken?                               
if so, remove the whole switch on the motherboard and drop a blob of solder onto the first and third pin. that should make the wifi always on.
i had to do the same when i fixed my friends psp.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
because he tried that with out a pandora battery and his psp fat wouldnt take  it became a brick @ Thorax

so you are saying your switch is broken?                               
if so, remove the whole switch on the motherboard and drop a blob of solder onto the first and third pin. that should make the wifi always on.
i had to do the same when i fixed my friends psp.

well i took ti apart and couldnt find the pin nore the sitch, he broke it off from the whole board, with out breaking the board... it only has the wholes where the switch used to be..b.t.w. how can you take it apart, ive tried to take off the wifi board and could only get up to the controller, it wouldnt move from there......is there a hiden screw? or do i have to take off the screen,the mini controll connection on the bottom of the screen to get to the screws? and if so is there another aternative?? i reather not mess with it that far, i do not have the correct tools to mess with it....

*FuFa - Double posting is bad mkay? Use the edit button next time.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:32:23 AM by *FuFa »

random is fun

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »
Dude its brick not brink
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »
Dude its brick not brink
we aint here to correct ppl's spelling we're here to help them

anyways make sure it isnt ur wifi board thats broken that happens alot
Derp.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
get a screwdriver that is small enough to fit in the slot where the wifi switch should be and then push it into the switch at the bottom - you can feel around with the screwdriver to find the spot and then just push it in and then push it up if that doesn't turn it on, then you will have to open it up and take a look, but do not use the wrong screwdriver you will wear the screws down and damage the psp, so if you do need to open it go and buy a set of micro screwdrivers that you can use
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »
ok so your having a problem with the wifi board.... not really though....

your having a problem with the switch which is actually located on the motherboard...

here is a pic of the motherboard when you open the psp.... (Click to enlarge)

remove the motherboard (there are many tutorials online as to how to do this) - check the wiki or tutorial section

flip the motherboard over to reveal the switch....

SOLDER THESE 2 POSITIONS (NOT 1&3 Like Someone Else Said) - (Click to enlarge)

Offline Dazzerr--

• Bomb Maker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
Why dont you just buy a new wifi board as they are only like £1 (Approximately $2)
Easy to fit.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 12:28:31 PM »
because its the switch not the board thats broke and the switch is on the mobo which dont cost like £1
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
remove the whole swithc and buy a new one off of ebay

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »
well i should have made it more clearer....ok the problem ISNT with the board, the board is fine..Its the SWITCH....My friend THROW his BRICKED psp at his ex servering the switch 4m the board, the board again is FINE, it has no SWITCH..again NO SWITCH..NONE!..... i refuse to take apart the psp for a fact i DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER TOOLS, and my HANDLING SKILLS SUCK BALLS... i do not want to fully BRICK the psp.

I would like to know is there away to solder a JUMP over the area it is showing when you open the psp on the board to have the wifi connection on?

Why dont you just buy a new wifi board as they are only like £1 (Approximately $2)
Easy to fit.

well i cant for a fact i live in the u.s. and i do not have a valid credit card and there is no electronic store where i live that has spare psp parts (I.E. the mother board,screen,case

remove the whole swithc and buy a new one off of ebay

cant, no valid credit card and no paypal account so thats out of the question dude -,-

ok so your having a problem with the wifi board.... not really though....

your having a problem with the switch which is actually located on the motherboard...

here is a pic of the motherboard when you open the psp.... (Click to enlarge)

remove the motherboard (there are many tutorials online as to how to do this) - check the wiki or tutorial section

flip the motherboard over to reveal the switch....

SOLDER THESE 2 POSITIONS (NOT 1&3 Like Someone Else Said) - (Click to enlarge)

thanks for the help, but i cant and i refuse to take my psp fully apart, if i can ill try to take my time, maybe try to find a led circuit line that leads to and 4m the switch and solder a jump to make a full always on connection....b.t.w. if i do jump and have wifi on 24/7 ..wont that kill my battery useage?? or will it shorten it??

*FuFa - use the edit button next time, quad posting is bad mkay?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:31:29 AM by *FuFa »

random is fun

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 07:00:49 AM »
my god you just quad posted..........you should die at the hands of the banhammer lol,just kiddin but seriously dude use the edit button
Derp.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »

well i finally took it all apart..where can i solder a jump to???  @ edhel

see the board is fine but it doesnt have a switch
(b.t.w. i ended up breaking a small thing off the board that goes to the screen...i dont have a pencil ip on my solder, i think i will have to mak one , or grind down the thick cross tip i have on my solder to make a pencil tip ;/)
and

thanks FuFa, umm..whats quad posting??? and why is it bad?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:27:28 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal