Author Topic: Xbox One Controller External Guide Button  (Read 1140 times)

Offline ControlAble

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox One Controller External Guide Button
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:13:16 AM »
Gday all. 

Just wondering if anyone has any experience modding the guide button.  I've got an external case where I'm replicating many of the buttons from a controller for a disabled person with specific layout needs.

The external guide button refuses to turn the controller on or off (wake or sleep the MCU?).  But it does register a press after using the button on the original PCB.  The added resistance of the wires to the external case is in the region of 1.5ohms.  The button is connected directly to the side of the button with pads for the missing caps and a stick mount for ground.  Could the length of added wiring be the main problem here?

Cheers.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox One Controller External Guide Button
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »
The Guide button is no different than any of the other buttons on the controller. It just connects to Ground to activate. There should be no issues with 1.5ohms, or even a few k of Resistance, and the fact it works after the controller is on means that it should work no matter what.

Was anything else done to the board? What kind of new button is being used?
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline ControlAble

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox One Controller External Guide Button
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:24:49 PM »
Found the issue.  It was the tactile button.  Never had a dud tactile switch before. Should probably beep out all my buttons before gluing them in!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal