Author Topic: XBOX ONE ELITE 1698 BOARD NEED HELP  (Read 667 times)

Offline Kurizh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
XBOX ONE ELITE 1698 BOARD NEED HELP
« on: March 22, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »
Hello everyone!
I was desoldering the joysticks but I messed up a bit... I destroyed some traces , some of them partially (orange coloured) and some totally (red coloured).  I wanna scrath the traces and solder some wires but I can't see or understand the traces...Can someone help me painting me the traces please?    :wacko:

https://imgur.com/a/UpBRG8H

PD: I have already seen the RDC thread about this board but I'm unable to see/understand the traces...
Pd2: the other side of the board is in a good shape: [https://imgur.com/a/VM3ady4]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 12:44:05 PM by Kurizh »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: XBOX ONE ELITE 1698 BOARD NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
Those holes are all thru plated, so unless every bit of that plating was ripped out of the hole it'll still make a connection.

Both Orange spots should be fine. The Red spot on the right is just a solder lug for holding the stick in, the other 3 are more than enough to do that. The left Red spot is Ground for that POT, so if Left/Right of that stick doesn't work after installing it just jumper wire that spot to ground anywhere, right over to that solder lug would even work.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline Kurizh

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
Those holes are all thru plated, so unless every bit of that plating was ripped out of the hole it'll still make a connection.

Both Orange spots should be fine. The Red spot on the right is just a solder lug for holding the stick in, the other 3 are more than enough to do that. The left Red spot is Ground for that POT, so if Left/Right of that stick doesn't work after installing it just jumper wire that spot to ground anywhere, right over to that solder lug would even work.

First of all  I want to thank you by all your efforts, really liked your contribuitions and wanted to try some fixes on my broken controllers, so you're in a great part the responsible of getting me in this ¨hobby¨ and I must thank you because I really enjoy this althought I'm a complete noob   :wacko:. I love soldering and desoldering because you can always improve and keep getting better and there is a ton to learn, I love it  :#1:

Wanted to ask you a question...The rounds holes plated in a crosshair are always ground? Are there a norm that says which form of ¨holes¨correspond to what (example: ground)?

As I'm a complete noob expect to read a lot of new threads from me here , sorry in advance hahaha  :huh: :huh:

Thanks!!

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »
Welcome.

They aren't always ground when done that way. There are certain ways certain things should be done when routing out a board, but they could have done those particular connections any number of ways. Solid, 2 spoke, 4 spoke (what they used), 4 spoke 45 or any way they just felt like. Usually that's done when they are just connected to any large copper plane on the board. Could be power, could be ground, could just be because that's how whoever did it just did it that way. They typically do them like that versus making it a solid connection all the way around the pad as that takes quite a bit more heat to solder a solid layout versus that spoke pattern, then there's still plenty of trace for the connection and current to flow, though a solid connection would handle a lot more current versus a spoke connection, but not a single thing in the controller would benefit from that. In this case it's also a multi-layer board, so there could also be internal connections to those ground spots as well.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal