Author Topic: JDM-050 (1-982-355-21): not charge the battery JDM-040 (1-981-330-21): No sound  (Read 2580 times)

Offline l3ml2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hello, I saw that on the page they helped several people fix their controls, I hope you can help me.
In my controls I changed the L3 button and they were fine, but in the process several components were lost.
Summary:
JDM-050 (1-982-355-21): does not charge the battery, when I connect the usb cable the light turns on and off, but when I remove the cable I press the PS button the control turns off. The battery was tested in another control and it works. Attached image of the area that I think may be the problem.
JDM-040 (1-981-330-21): No sound from headphones. Attached image of the area that I think may be the problem.
I also attach full images of the plate in case they see that some other component is missing.
Can you tell me what components I am missing? model and values?
I hope you can help me.
From already thank you very much
Best regards

Offline l3ml2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I found another missing component

Thank you

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
The missing component on the JDM-050 is a 150k, 0402 size Resistor. It should be replaced with one that has a 1% or better tolerance.

The broken component on the JDM-050 may or may not be causing an issue. It's mostly epoxy as the actual Transistor that is in there is very small. It controls the Heavy Rumble motor, so if that works when/if you get it fixed then you can leave it as is.

The 2 missing components on the JDM-040 are 100k, 0201 size Resistors.

The last missing component on the JDM-040 is just a Capacitor, it will not cause any issues and can be left like that.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline l3ml2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Thanks RDC for the quick response !! Do you think that those missing resistances are part of the problems I mentioned?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
The -050 for sure, as the one missing Resistor there is half of a voltage divider that the MCU uses to read the battery voltage.

The -040, most likely, but I haven't traced that one out to know exactly what those Resistors are doing, though wiht them all being 100k they are most likely Pull-Up or Pull-Does on some data or control lines and if they go missing all kinds of weird issue can happen.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline l3ml2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Thank you, I am trying to find a business that sells them (it is difficult in Argentina).
100K I got from other circuits, they are bigger but I can adapt the tracks to be able to solder them.
I can't get the 150K resistor, can you put a common one? like in the picture.
Then I will comment if the problem was solved.
Best regards

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
If you change the value of the missing one on the -050 board then you also need to change the value of the one that is still on the board there. They both need to be the same value.

Offline l3ml2000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
does not understand me, I just want to change the package, I will respect the value and the percentage.
I just hope I can solder those kinds of resistors

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
You can use any package you want, as long as the value is 150k and 1% or better tolerance for the -050 board.

Offline ZhenyaKa

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
I add here my question. Think no need to create new topic.
Problem is similar, but components I think at places :)

JDM-050, no reaction to PS button. No battery consumption (wait about 30 secs and voltage was still the same - 3 digits after point)

When connect USB cable PC detects it and all buttons (sticks, triggers) works fine, but battery voltage doesn't changes and usb current is zero (via cheap usb tester).

Where to dig?

PCB looks like new. No traces of soldering

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
If nothing is missing then the PMIC chip is probably messed up. The larger chip on the top side of the board.

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
check battery voltage, charge it via tp4056 and recheck everything

Offline ZhenyaKa

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
If nothing is missing then the PMIC chip is probably messed up. The larger chip on the top side of the board.
I forget to say. No any led blinking when cable connected

This chip probably dead? 7736FTG 7204G1.

It's not cheap :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal