Author Topic: Mouse Click Tact?s  (Read 1559 times)

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Mouse Click Tact?s
« on: November 19, 2020, 09:45:10 AM »
Any switch that is 6 by 6 by 7 that lasts up to millions of actuations or even better a mouse click? The normal 100,000 lifespan seems pretty low.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Mouse Click Tact?s
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 10:08:31 AM »
That 100k rating is the minimum life cycle.

6x6x7mm
SKHHBYA010 - 200k (Red, 2.55N)
SKHHBWA010 - 500k (Dark Gray, 1.57N)
SKHHBVA010 - 1M (Black, 0.98N)

Far as snap switches go, hit up DK, Mouser and the like and start digging thru the DataSheets.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »
omron - 1mil ~ 10 mil nominal.

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 07:50:47 AM »
Wickated which ones are omron ?I am just trying to find the tactile button Battle Beaver uses
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 07:52:30 AM by TuttiFrutti »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:16:51 AM »
Omron D2LS-11 or -21
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 03:09:13 PM »
For anyone looking its the D2ls-11, thanks but I was talking about the back button switch not the smart trigger and bumper?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 03:17:16 PM by TuttiFrutti »

Offline JACisRAW

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 11:22:44 PM »
I was wondering what was the difference between the D2LS-11 and 21? would both work fine for the smart triggers?

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 02:55:31 AM »
Just the amount of force it takes to actuate them.

11 = 122gf
21 = 61gf

Offline JACisRAW

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 01:44:45 PM »
Okay makes sense. Also , the tact switches sit on this sort of plastic trapezoid piece for the L2 and R2, any idea where I can get something like that or an alternative? Sorry if you can?t tell by the pictures, I saw someone try and reshape putty but that doesn?t seem to of a good quality piece,
 :dntknw:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 01:49:23 PM »
First I've seen it. Get yourself a 3D printer and learn up some CAD, it doesn't look that difficult of a thing to make up, even for a first CAD/3D project.

Offline JACisRAW

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 01:51:54 PM »
That's what I was thinking as well, well time to save up. I guess putty will do for now, Thanks !

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 08:34:17 PM »
I sell a pre made kit that includes a bracket like that but not the bracket alone. $30 kit includes my bracket, mouse buttons, and an sfx you sandwich between the motherboards to install. Its all pre soldered. You just have to glue them in.

$15 Pre made kit includes all the same stuff but uses tact switches instead of mouse switches

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 03:22:57 AM »
there is rule #1 in diy - if u try to make something, check aliexpress first, maybe those :censored:eyers already made it.  :rofl:
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001313769894.html

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 10:29:44 AM »
That kit doesn?t compare to mouse clicks sorry wickated. I know you want to make it DIY but if you really want to be satisfied don?t make it yourself or use lethal primary?s. Send it in to battle beaver. The clear  hot glue doesn?t hold up for DIY mounts and Lethalprimary doesn?t have exact mounts. The angle and zero pretravel is just made right on battle beavers 3D printed model along with the fact they use epoxy which is like  a forever bond. Those switches last 5 million clicks so it?s gonna be worth it IMO. They charge $24 for smart triggers only added and it?s actual quality adhesives and mounts. Even for the buttons they use autodent repair black hot glue. RDC if you have a 3D printer lieing around I?d suggest you try it based on the quality of your sfx boards I think your pretty qualified.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:39:24 AM by TuttiFrutti »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 11:26:36 AM »
I have an Ender-5 Plus and could CAD something like that up, but have no real desire to get into that. I'm more into reversing the ICU of the late 80s early 90s Honda Civic/CRX currently as there is 0 information on the chip used in the thing, and the one in my brother's 91 Civic needed some attention, so figured while I was in there I'd just go off the deep end with it.

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 01:13:52 PM »
That kit doesn?t compare to mouse clicks sorry wickated. I know you want to make it DIY but if you really want to be satisfied don?t make it yourself or use lethal primary?s. Send it in to battle beaver. The clear  hot glue doesn?t hold up for DIY mounts and Lethalprimary doesn?t have exact mounts. The angle and zero pretravel is just made right on battle beavers 3D printed model along with the fact they use epoxy which is like  a forever bond. Those switches last 5 million clicks so it?s gonna be worth it IMO. They charge $24 for smart triggers only added and it?s actual quality adhesives and mounts. Even for the buttons they use autodent repair black hot glue. RDC if you have a 3D printer lieing around I?d suggest you try it based on the quality of your sfx boards I think your pretty qualified.

Auto dent repair hot glue is a longer fancy way of saying hot glue, there is no difference, one just comes in a longer tube.

You can use epoxy on anything including my kits. I recommend hot glue because you can remove it and its exactly what they used before scuf purchased controllers from them to "steal" the way it works. Fun fact you can't steal something from someone who didn't invent it in the first place, just ask scuf why they're losing their "invention" in court.

It also has the benefit of holding the button closer to the trigger for when the factory molding of the trigger was done differently than the millions of others ;)

The angle on mine is exact, you don't want a 61gf blue switch to be hugged up against the trigger unless you want it to click and not fire that is.

If you think 0.4mm is going to make a difference in you outshooting your opponent in a gunfight let me introduce you to latency and lag compensation instead.

Those Chinese tact switch kits work just as well as mouse clicks, they just won't make the nice sound or last as long, but saying a mouse button is actually going to last you 5 million presses is an overstatement especially when your fingers can do much more than the stated gram force they're rated for.

btw, BB charges $24 if you're buying a controller from them not if you're sending one in ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 01:25:38 PM by LethalPrime »

Offline wickated

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 11:35:23 PM »
thanks. but actually:
1) buttons doesnt matter
2) glue doesnt matter
3) i dont need any1s help
4) why glu when u already have molded plastik all around

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
The glue does matter in fact since hot glue loses its adhesion fairly quick and can develop travel distance over some use. But whatever you want to do. You can?t pull dent out of a car with clear hot glue the glue they use has a higher adhesion. I can car dent repair and it takes some strong quality glue to pull them .I just just trying to explain the truth. ExtremeRate uses tact buttons which tend to fail and are not as satisfactory as mouse clicks. I have zero ping in games and the BB triggers zero travel definitely make a difference on my pc rather than my DIY ones. It may not on console. Whatever you want to do you can... just trying to explain the truth.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 09:26:40 AM by TuttiFrutti »

Offline LethalPrime

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »
The glue does matter in fact since hot glue loses its adhesion fairly quick and can develop travel distance over some use. But whatever you want to do. You can?t pull dent out of a car with clear hot glue the glue they use has a higher adhesion. I can car dent repair and it takes some strong quality glue to pull them .I just just trying to explain the truth. ExtremeRate uses tact buttons which tend to fail and are not as satisfactory as mouse clicks. I have zero ping in games and the BB triggers zero travel definitely make a difference on my pc rather than my DIY ones. It may not on console. Whatever you want to do you can... just trying to explain the truth.

Sure, and Gfuel really does make you a better gamer and isnt just glorified lemonade mix.
lol its the same chemicals with a different marketing scheme. If alcohol can make it stop sticking its the same stuff.

Ive repaired countless Battle beaver, Scuf, Evil, Burn, Sharq, AIM, theyre all the same. 1 SFX, choice of buttons, in house shell, or extreme rate shell.

Nothing wrong with extreme rate selling you their own sfx, at the end of the day I buy RDCs sfx to repair what fails from everyone else. It doesnt matter where it comes from. Users break the controllers not the other way around.

Ping has zero to do with lag compensation coding, youre not at a LAN party.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 07:27:45 PM by LethalPrime »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal