Author Topic: Button switch that requires the least pressure possible  (Read 599 times)

Offline poffarbacco

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Button switch that requires the least pressure possible
« on: January 04, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »
Hi, I' m very new to this world but somehow and also thanks to this site I' ve been able to add two backbuttons to my dualshock which they do their work but I would like them to need less pressure to work. Maybe a pressure like the one I need to press for example the cross button on the front ( I don' t care for the "clicking" sound) or even less. Is there a value that indicates the force I need to press the switch button? What should I search for? Also can you suggest a switch like this that could work as a backbutton? Thank you

Offline MCorgano

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
Re: Button switch that requires the least pressure possible
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:45:26 PM »
If you get switches from a reputable supplier you can check the datasheet, the parameter will be called activation force or operating force, and is measured in newtons (typically). Lower number means less force needed.

If you get your switches from cheap china sources, you can expect these numbers to be completely useless. You could instead achieve less force with some kind of paddle or lever. The longer the lever, the more distance you need to move it to press the button, but the less pressure required. 3d printing back paddles makes this trivial if you have access to one as you can make them any shape you want.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:46:59 PM by MCorgano »

Offline VaNDAL_UK

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
    • UBER MICRO REPAIRS
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:50:33 AM »
OMRON switches are the ones used in Battle Beaver and SCUF.

They use the one with the white plunger. However there are ones that have the blue plunger and are half the tactile strength.

Offline TuttiFrutti

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 10:26:50 AM »
What grey switches do battle beaver use for their back buttons. Not the smart trigger switch I know it?s the D2ls-11.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal