Author Topic: donkey konga bongo mod  (Read 4198 times)

Offline ukrides

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
donkey konga bongo mod
« on: December 10, 2007, 12:17:33 PM »
im planing on modding my donkey kongas so when i hit them they light up like in the game. i have no idea of how to do this really apart from when i took my bongos apart i saw the two cables connecting to the bongo pads but im not sure and i dont no how to put the leds in the right place so that they light up in the whole pad i was thinking of doing them in a line like so

...........##..............
......#######.........
......#######.........

in a cross way but im not sure if anyone has done this before can they tell me

_____________________________________________________---

BTW: this is my first mod

Offline ukrides

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: donkey konga bongo mod
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
and oh yeh i will add pictures when i get enoguh info

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »
I'd put a ring of SMD's around the edge, pointing in wards.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:34:58 PM »
Don't double post UK, but the way the bongo's work is when they're hit they form a circuit for a second or so, so you could wire the lights to somewhere in the bongo's give me some pics of the guts and i could probably help you out.

Offline ukrides

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
heres da pics

here are the bongos now i thought the cables connecting to the sensors would work

this where i need to put my leds i was thinking where it goes in ( ive worked out im going to use 3mm leds as there easier then smds )

circuit board

other side of circuit board =)

can any one give me any help these images were put up quicker because of pinoyballa00009 cheers and will this help you no what i  need to do
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:12:12 PM by ukrides »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 02:25:17 AM »
ok what u gotta do is:
when u hit on the bonga,it activates a switch,which tells its inner circuitry u just hit that bongo,all u gotta do is find that switch and wire up your led's to it,maybe even using a transistor and a 9v battery so's ur led's dont choke the power going back to the mainboard meaning yeah u got led's but the bongo dnt work lol,u can get mini transistors in like every electronics shops,make sure u get one that is suitable btw dude!and make sure u put a proper resistor on afterwards so u dont blow ur led's real quick,and dont worry bout the battery running out,the light isnt only constantly its only flashing once in a while whn u hit the bongo's so it should last about 6 months depending on the amount of led's u put in there and their power consumption
Derp.

Offline ukrides

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16:05 AM »
actually i was thinking not even wiring it to the circuit coz i like my bongos alot but i was going to puit a 9v battery in the casing coz theres tons of room and then put a switch under the pad i really small one. m gonna look round to day in electronics shop

( but u thnk ur methods better how would i find that switch ?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 03:18:09 AM by ukrides »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 02:30:01 PM »
good idea for switch that doesnt interfers with bongo's/make em click,get a small pice of paper and fold it in half,glue tin foil strips to the top and pottom,wire one side to one tin foil pad and so on and place so u can still use the bongo's,and BANG u got a nice switch that doesnt interfere with the feel of the bongo's,jeebus i'm really good at that kind of brainstorming and stuff,is should totally get a job making up slogans for companies...:D:D
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal