Author Topic: New to CFW...  (Read 3182 times)

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
New to CFW...
« on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:09 PM »
Okok, so I finally got pandora to work on my psp...ran me in circles for a bit, but I am now currently sportin' 3.52 m33-4.  My question is...what do i hafta do or have to run emulators on my PSP?  While I was stuck on 1.50, i got me that Piccoz thing that lets you control those little infrared heli's and :censored:.  it worked while i was @ 1.50, but now that i got back to 3.52m33-4, it doesn't work.  So do I hafta have like a variety of CFWs to switch back and forth between to use different things?  Or am I just doing something wrong?  I thought maybe I might have to get 3.11 HEN to be able to run emulators, but i really have no clue.  Also, I finally found the VSH menu, and am kinda learning by trial and error right now. I don't understand the whole flash0/flash1 concept and what its used for, and the difference between the two. 
So Basically i need like a tut, or just a brief explanation of the VSH menu would be good.  Cuz I also don't know whut the CPU Clock is for, or why I would what to change it, or what will happen if i do.  COuld someone plz xplain these things to me?

-BMFC   

Offline funnybutrandom

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Im Too Lazy To Make Up Lazy Jokes
Re: New to CFW...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »
you would probebly get more help if you put this in the software section and not the hardware section, its like going to a plumber and asking him to fix your pc  :taunt: (i dont know why i just like to make my posts sound better)

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
go to recovery mode and go to configuration. Your kernel is probably 3.52 just change it to 1.5 and you will be able to use hombrew again.
on the vsh menu the UMD ISO MODE is for changing the way you can play isos i have m33 driver ( i dont have to have a umd on the psp to play isos). Iso video mount is if you have a rip umd video (you put it in ms0://ISO/VIDEO) then you just move it to see the video. Reset device is for rebooting your psp.

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »
go to recovery mode and go to configuration. Your kernel is probably 3.52 just change it to 1.5 and you will be able to use hombrew again.
on the vsh menu the UMD ISO MODE is for changing the way you can play isos i have m33 driver ( i dont have to have a umd on the psp to play isos). Iso video mount is if you have a rip umd video (you put it in ms0://ISO/VIDEO) then you just move it to see the video. Reset device is for rebooting your psp.

See, heres the thing...everything u just sed is frickin Chinese to me.  I kinda know about whut ISOs are, and I know how to get the VSH, but, first off, i see no "Recovery mode" or "configuration".  And I have no clue what "kernel" is or does.  I know, I know, I'm a pathetic newbie with no clue whut I'm doing, but i'm learning quick, and one step closer to ExcitebikePSP!!!
Also, when I first used my pandora, i had this menu with a buch of options on it that i didn't understand most of (may have been the ones you mentioned!), and i chose to d/g or something, and it took me to "Pandora's Battery Recovery Menu"...Sportin 3 options:  1.  Downgrade using boot from ms0:,  2.  Backup nand, and 3.  Restore nand. 

I have no clue whut nand is, either, but i know that now i can't find that first menu i started with...Im lost, plz help!

-BMFC

*UPDATE*  Okok, i found out whut u were talkin about, i think i did it right...i changed it to 1.50 kernel, but whut does that do?  Anyway, i think i got it...but if you could still answer any of my q's that'd be great...

-BMFC

-BMFC
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:02:30 PM by metalfreak187 »

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 06:18:32 PM »
See, heres the thing...everything u just sed is frickin Chinese to me.  I kinda know about whut ISOs are, and I know how to get the VSH, but, first off, i see no "Recovery mode" or "configuration".  And I have no clue what "kernel" is or does.  I know, I know, I'm a pathetic newbie with no clue whut I'm doing, but i'm learning quick, and one step closer to ExcitebikePSP!!!
Also, when I first used my pandora, i had this menu with a buch of options on it that i didn't understand most of (may have been the ones you mentioned!), and i chose to d/g or something, and it took me to "Pandora's Battery Recovery Menu"...Sportin 3 options:  1.  Downgrade using boot from ms0:,  2.  Backup nand, and 3.  Restore nand. 

I have no clue whut nand is, either, but i know that now i can't find that first menu i started with...Im lost, plz help!

-BMFC

To get to recovery mode you have to turn on your psp while holding the R button and you should see what he's talking about

Offline metalfreak187

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:21:53 PM »
To get to recovery mode you have to turn on your psp while holding the R button and you should see what he's talking about

Yes, i JUST NOW figured that out, and i set it to 1.50 kernel...i'm assuming that the outcome of this is playing homebrew on my 3.52 m33-4 PSP without having to d/g to 1.50 and then back and forth and so on... it seems everything has fallen into place now...thanx a  :censored: load for ur help, and hopefully itll be my last road block.  Thx again!

-BMFC

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:37:29 PM »
By the way, to get into VSH menu, press either HOME or SELECT in the XMB.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »
really?
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Thorax