Author Topic: Bluetooth data transfer (you knew this was coming)  (Read 5317 times)

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
Bluetooth data transfer (you knew this was coming)
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:50:10 PM »
Ok, so I am sorry if the topic title was misleading... i need to get as much attention to this thread as possible.

It has come to my attention that people are trying to do things wirelessly, like making a remote control work on the psp. It wont work and I will explain why below. I have also chosen to take this time to reveal what i have been working on for a while.

As I was telling someone on msn, using a wireless controller is almost impossible. You would need one that plugs into the ps2's usb port. you would then need to plug that into the psp's usb, and write a prx that interprets the signals being sent. the problem is that we dont know what the signal is. decrypting it would hella hard. so, natch.

onto bluetooth. how exactly do you expect to power your little button transmitters? each one requires 3v+ in order to run. it would suck your battery dry in minutes.

Whats left to try? bluetooth data out.  I have made it work..... in theory. I can give the world bluetooth data transfer in a matter of days. I just need the parts.... problem is.... parts are gonna cost like 150 for the P.O.C. i've been working on this for a while now. All of R&D already knows about it..... I cant afford the parts to make it work. If anyone is interested in helping me.... hit me up on msn. I have everything already designed... like i said.... just need parts.

I think I have someone that can write a BT prx as well..... meaning that if i make the hardware work.... we would be able to sync our cell phones up using a special BT profile, use it as a modem, or transfer ringtones.... etc... In other words... full BT for the psp. Who wants to help?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:52:45 PM by jair2k4 »

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Bluetooth data transfer (you knew this was coming)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:28:33 AM »
So after it is all done and working how much cash would it cost someone to remake or purchase $150?
This is the first mod I ever really wanted, but I am far from the know how or skill to make it happen

BTW  Please respond to my PM I sent you

Offline l0rdnic0

• 2%
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +8/-0
  • TeamCYBER

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
Jair will correct me if I'm wrong, but the issue is obtaining a driverless bluetooth adaptor. Which is most of the 150$ beans..

L0rdNiC0 Pioneering Mods on the PSP Slim :taunt:
Sound Mod, Button LED Mod, Security Mod, Dual NUB, Mode Select Switch + More

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:07:54 PM »
Nico is quite right. I tried to convince a few manufacturers to send me a couple to test, but they dont seem to want to fund proofs of concept. Those bastards.

Offline Maximize

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 07:55:56 PM »
they killed kenny!

No seriously this is something I would like in my psp truly wireless and portable. 

Offline jair2k4

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Oh Noes!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »
find me a truly driverless usb dongle or pcb that uses the serial profile (that doesnt cost an arm and a leg) and i'll make you one.

Offline freestyle72

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:46:14 AM »
How would you support file transfer?  Would you have to write your own software for the psp?

I think it would be a pretty good idea to have blue tooth on the psp.

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • FileSock.Sourceforge.net
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:57:17 AM »
I bet a dozen of newbies will come forth and say, hey my usb bt does not require me to install driver in windows first!!!
but i hope you all read this, because you should know that windows already has a lot of drivers pre-installed, and your bt is probably one of them ;)

cheers  :drunk: hope you succeed!

Tech Support Crew at The Gathering 08 (worlds second biggest LAN party)

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 06:23:55 AM »
This, coupled with the hdd mod...my only concern, doesn't bt drain battery like a mofo?  Atleast wouldn't it kill the psp battery pretty quickly?

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 06:40:23 AM »
the bt uses a lot of battery yes... but just like a phone, i bet you would only have it activated while in need ;)
(i know some people that has phone bt keeps it on all the time, but you could risk someone using your phone from a computer or another cellphone through the bt function, WHIT OUT you knowing!! just though this would be a friendly advice)

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »
haha, his might be a shot in the dark, and this also sorta comes from another post...but pvp was talking about using the vdip1 to make usb storage, well, it has spi and uart interfaces...couples with the vnc1l chip, wouldn't that make any device work?  (This is just a thought since the vdip1 is only like 20 bucks.

Offline freestyle72

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »
haha, his might be a shot in the dark, and this also sorta comes from another post...but pvp was talking about using the vdip1 to make usb storage, well, it has spi and uart interfaces...couples with the vnc1l chip, wouldn't that make any device work?  (This is just a thought since the vdip1 is only like 20 bucks.

Only if the device has instructions on how to function (driver) installed for it.

Offline stankbot

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 01:16:06 PM »
thats why you write a prx to communicate with it.  That way you can turn it on and off to save power!  Getting it wired i think will be the hard part.

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
this sound great THis would be much better then wifi. It get too slow when transfering. you are going to need to write a program for the pc right in order to access files like nethost.

Offline Siggen

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 12:33:22 AM »
this sound great THis would be much better then wifi. It get too slow when transfering. you are going to need to write a program for the pc right in order to access files like nethost.

wifi has a much greater potential then BT, BT has about 3MB/s, and Wi-Fi G standard has 54MB/s

so your pick i guess

(Wi-Fi N standard has 100MB i guess, but its not released yet, only draft2 of it and its not a standard yet)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal