Author Topic: thing from fufas thread  (Read 16536 times)

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
thing from fufas thread
« on: February 02, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »
back to are mac argument.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
Re: thing from fufas thread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:24:52 AM »
i cant afford it :(

and like me and reaper both pointed your being a fanboy its nothng to be  ashamed about im a sony fanboy, i have every console. but i also like other consoles too. i have a feeling half the people at most schools dont know much more about computer in colleges then enter key makes line skip. sry for bad grammer but i know many people with laptops, are in college and everyone of them has no idea how to get into to control panel even. and seriously stop saying im inexperienced every single comp since i was in elementary school has been a mac except when i go home. I know more then most people on the comps doing repair work at the school. and dont use a random example with a noob online, it like apples and oranges my friend. I'm actually in the target market too since i love video editing, music creating, and most media stuff, but if you know anything about computers you will not get a mac, unless your rich i guess, or could run windows, but still its a waste of money, buy a cheaper machine with same capabilities and use a program to emulate OSX.

can we take this debate to another thread though since its interrupting fufa.

and id say go to one of those sites where you can make your own laptop.

i just did
no, we are talking about the macbook air which again, you are clearly not in the market for, thats the market for a macbook or macbook pro, and even an imac or mac pro
not possible, and if booted from a hard disk as an actual OS, instead of virtualizing it, then illegal

YES! MACS ARE HELLS EXPENSIVE! so its obviously not the computer for you
osx is worth it for most people, including me, i love it!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 08:27:54 AM by noah03ark »

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:28:38 AM »
Yeah, im ready to pay £200 more just for OS X, and £100 more for the design!

Apple make one of the highest quality PC's and laptops around, the customer service is excellent, and program support is superb.

Yeah, they may be expensive, but totally worth it in my Eyes.

BTW James, your market is a Macbook Pro or iMac. ;)
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »
you ever heard of virtualbox. :P
k and i highly doubt anyone but over payed executives are in the audience for air's.
and you don't realize your comparison had no value whatsoever. stupid way of debating people would laugh at you for that. :w00t:
and i'll tell you right now my friend wants a mac laptop, and i told him he should get one he like photography but doesn't know an .exe from a .mp3 thats why i advised him on it.
bottom line I've seen MACS all my life and I've seen strategies used by companies to sell stuff and air's are pieces of crap. its simply a waste of money and if you buy one your wasting money whether you want to admit it or not.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »
It is amazing though, because by portable standards, theyre pretty good, excellent battery life, dont get hot, and look cool.

Intel actually designed a C2D Just for Apple.

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 09:57:47 AM »
they are small because they got rid of drives and have :censored: hds. i couldn't care less if my laptop was hot people are being wimps if thats a reason for not buying a laptop. They have horrible battery life from reviews i've seen, i'll give that they are portable and sexy but that doesn't validate buying and overpriced, underpowered machine.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 10:04:49 AM »
Its not really underpowered. a 1.6Ghz C2D is very good for a portable, and 20 is 4 hours battery life!

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 10:27:03 AM »
canada! you are not in the market so quit bashing what is not aimed at you!

and oh goodness thanks matt, i forgot how great apple's customer service is! its incredable! only another good thing

macs are great, but not for you, thats fine, but since its not for you dont bash it especially when you have no real insight on the company and the computer and the OS

keep on not liking macs, i dont care, but the least you can do is not bash it because of your lack of insight on the subject of these amazing computers

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 10:36:24 AM »
the macbook air has a 5 hour battery life

butthey are not meant for everyone. macs in general arnt meant for everyone as they have a higher price but if everyone bought them then prices would fall. but i suggest not getting into this debate

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »
the macbook air has a 5 hour battery life

butthey are not meant for everyone. macs in general arnt meant for everyone as they have a higher price but if everyone bought them then prices would fall. but i suggest not getting into this debate

thats what im saying,its fine if they dont like it, theres nothing wrong with opinion, but for those whom it is not meant have no ground to bash it
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:44:19 AM by noah03ark »

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 10:44:53 AM »
yeh you shouldnt really bash something until you have given it a good try by all means say they are to expensive but dont go saying they are crap or are just for executives

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »
**Takes deep breath and cracks fingers**

The macbook air is NOT for the hardcore market, and for one main reason.  The battery,  Apple in all their wisdom decided that beauty is better than functionality and when your batter is running low on the road/air/anywhere not near a power supply you can't just swap the battery out with a fresh one.

Other things which don't mean so much that are wrong with it are the little things such as lack of optical drive.  I know a lot of people who do actually travel around a lot and they store slide shows/videos on dvd's and cd's.  Yeah you could technically put them on thumbdrives, but now you have to go out and buy 20-30 thumb drives for each individual thing, or even just a few large ones, although that's quite expensive as well.  Apples solution to the lack of optical drive is the fact that you can use "remote drive"  Yet again, the person on the road doesn't have a full desktop computer to use this with, making it impractical for someone on the road.

The actual speed of this thing is quite low.  Yeah it is a C2D, but it's amongst the slowest ones they make.  The hard drive on the thing is also slow as hell .  The base model comes with a 1.8″ hard drive. As most computer enthusiasts know, 1.8″ hard drives top out at 4,200rpm. Compared to regular 2.5″ notebook hard drives that are at least 5400rpm (or even up to 7,200rpm), the Macbook Air hard drive is slow, making simple things such as the booting up excruciatingly slow.  You could argue the premium model has a SSD and a (slightly) faster processor, but you have to fork out another ~1300 bucks for it.

My last worry about the air is something apple could have easily implemented but didn't.  The Air, I hate to say, has mono speakers...  even the little plug for my ipod so I can listen to it without headphones broadcasts in stereo, and that cost me ~10 bucks... I love good sound and that kind of makes me a bit sad.

You could argue all these points, but yet again saying some of these things wouldn't matter to the "market" this is for only narrows the market down.  Your average joe who sees this small ass laptop on tv and decides to make the jump is going to immediately have issues with the little things.
You see, I do look into things.  Yeah OSX may be a great operating system, but IMHO, I could spend 1700 bucks on 2 great PC's way before I jump to something that is easier.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
**Takes deep breath and cracks fingers**

The macbook air is NOT for the hardcore market, and for one main reason.  The battery,  Apple in all their wisdom decided that beauty is better than functionality and when your batter is running low on the road/air/anywhere not near a power supply you can't just swap the battery out with a fresh one.

Other things which don't mean so much that are wrong with it are the little things such as lack of optical drive.  I know a lot of people who do actually travel around a lot and they store slide shows/videos on dvd's and cd's.  Yeah you could technically put them on thumbdrives, but now you have to go out and buy 20-30 thumb drives for each individual thing, or even just a few large ones, although that's quite expensive as well.  Apples solution to the lack of optical drive is the fact that you can use "remote drive"  Yet again, the person on the road doesn't have a full desktop computer to use this with, making it impractical for someone on the road.

The actual speed of this thing is quite low.  Yeah it is a C2D, but it's amongst the slowest ones they make.  The hard drive on the thing is also slow as hell .  The base model comes with a 1.8″ hard drive. As most computer enthusiasts know, 1.8″ hard drives top out at 4,200rpm. Compared to regular 2.5″ notebook hard drives that are at least 5400rpm (or even up to 7,200rpm), the Macbook Air hard drive is slow, making simple things such as the booting up excruciatingly slow.  You could argue the premium model has a SSD and a (slightly) faster processor, but you have to fork out another ~1300 bucks for it.

My last worry about the air is something apple could have easily implemented but didn't.  The Air, I hate to say, has mono speakers...  even the little plug for my ipod so I can listen to it without headphones broadcasts in stereo, and that cost me ~10 bucks... I love good sound and that kind of makes me a bit sad.

You could argue all these points, but yet again saying some of these things wouldn't matter to the "market" this is for only narrows the market down.  Your average joe who sees this small ass laptop on tv and decides to make the jump is going to immediately have issues with the little things.
You see, I do look into things.  Yeah OSX may be a great operating system, but IMHO, I could spend 1700 bucks on 2 great PC's way before I jump to something that is easier.

that is certainly agreeable
and see what you did reaper? you didnt say you hate it! or you hate apple! you stated the facts and your own opinion which is fine
you did not bash this little computer, its a nice little thing but not perfect and targeted towards a certain market, which, does have a narrow one but does matter. average joe will not like it. fine. ill recommend to him the macbook XD

this is a travel computer, not made to be the main deal or anything, so in a certain sense it not being the perfect fast thing dosn't really matter, so its fiine.

i appreciate how you gave the facts and opionion, like buying 2 for 1700 instead of this thing
and i will, too, say apple stuff is way too effing expensive

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 11:19:32 AM »
MAC IS TEH SUXXORS

See what you made me do!

Also, alienware is teh expenisivez

But seriously, do you think that Apple will ever drop their prices...  the ipod is one of the largest phenomenons in the MP3 business, yet they still make over 200-300 percent profit on them

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »
I think they may, but only if there is a need to, realistically, if you want OS X, and great design, you buy a Mac. And in the MP3/MP4 Market very few things can compare, especially at the prices.

1.6Ghz C2D is the slowest made, and its only made for apple.

Also the Air can use an add on drive which is $100 if you really need a drive on the go.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »
MAC IS TEH SUXXORS

See what you made me do!

Also, alienware is teh expenisivez

But seriously, do you think that Apple will ever drop their prices...  the ipod is one of the largest phenomenons in the MP3 business, yet they still make over 200-300 percent profit on them

i didnt make you do anything, now you are just exacorbating the situation

they are not, they are wonderful computers. end of story. not much more to argue

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 11:43:53 AM »
yeh im always the first to agree that apple made a mistake with not letting you replace the battery and i think that the ssd version is way to much of a hike in price but it is a step forward i believe that its aimed purly for looking on the net a bit of word proccessing and checking emails, i think it is probably aimed at the business guy who doesnt want to cary around a laptop bag but wants a laptop that he can keep in his brief case that takes up the space of a mannila envelope. so 5 hours is a decent battery for something aimed at this type of person as this type of guy is unlikly to go for 5 hours without comeing anyware near a power outlet. the things i like about the air is its multi touch pad like the iphone and its LED backlit screen and that it has a solid aluminium cas so is very durable. but i think the next revision of it will be a lot better but by then these things that i like will likly be in the Macbook or mbp. also on a side not i could probably use the air if it wasnt so expensive as i barely use my cd drive. the last time i used it was probably about 3-4 months ago. i use mainly external hard drives as they are so cheep now. but i think that in time as they want to get more market share they will lower price or release machines aimed for a lower price. if people kick up enougth fuss it happens that was evident when after lots of complaints about the iphone they dropped the price by $100.
and macs are great computers but are greatly overpriced and not for everyone. i also love my custom made pc that i made ages ago. i just use it for a totally different reason. i use macs when i just want to be lazy on the computer and not play much or if i want to edit some video. i use my custom if i want to play with windows or linux or mess around or generally just have fun tinkering with everything. macs are my everyday machine where as my custom is if i want to tinker and have a good bit of geeky fun

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
Im really hoping the Air touch features are either hardware added, or software upgraded, as thats the single best part off the Air!

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
Im really hoping the Air touch features are either hardware added, or software upgraded, as thats the single best part off the Air!
what do you mean?

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 12:34:26 PM »
it wont be a software upgrade as its basically an iphone screen as a mouse pad but without the screen part just the touch part so it will only be hardware updated.

reaper its allows multi touch so you lick pull your fingers apart whilst viewing a picture and it zooms in. twist your fingers and it rotates etc

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
i knew all these facts which is why i said its crap. i've read in on already. I've heard the battery time is way less if you have anything running in non optimal conditions. I do hate apple and all your right I think I've made that clear but I wouldve went on my marry way if someone hadnt mention that computer. I think it sux I'm entitled to my opinion, and whether you like it or not 9999 outta 10000 peeps who know anything about comps wil think they suck. well at least if theyre thrifty.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
i knew all these facts which is why i said its crap. i've read in on already. I've heard the battery time is way less if you have anything running in non optimal conditions. I do hate apple and all your right I think I've made that clear but I wouldve went on my marry way if someone hadnt mention that computer. I think it sux I'm entitled to my opinion, and whether you like it or not 9999 outta 10000 peeps who know anything about comps wil think they suck. well at least if theyre thrifty.

that is the dumbest thing ive heard in a long, long time

again, you have no ground to make that claim, nor ground to say the computers suck when they are as good as any other computer brand, because you are not a mac user

and those facts do not make it crap, it makes it innovative. the multi touch hasnt been used on a laptop like this before

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »
that is the dumbest thing ive heard in a long, long time

again, you have no ground to make that claim, nor ground to say the computers suck when they are as good as any other computer brand, because you are not a mac user

and those facts do not make it crap, it makes it innovative. the multi touch hasnt been used on a laptop like this before

you obviously arent reading what your writing then

I thought we were talking about the air right. and i do have to use macs i dont like them when i do use them.

now your just trying to save a dieing argument and pass off things that make something crap as not crap. from what im reading you'd buy a box of crap if it had apple on it. not saying your that bad but seriously admit when a company does something wrong. I'll admit vista sux as of now, im still rocking xp.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 03:13:48 PM »
you obviously arent reading what your writing then

I thought we were talking about the air right. and i do have to use macs i dont like them when i do use them.

now your just trying to save a dieing argument and pass off things that make something crap as not crap. from what im reading you'd buy a box of crap if it had apple on it. not saying your that bad but seriously admit when a company does something wrong. I'll admit vista sux as of now, im still rocking xp.

i would not buy a box of crap with an apple on it. i would buy a quality laptop if i so needed it
there is no dying argument here. i am stating the fact that you have no ground to call macintosh computers crap becuase you yourself have no extensive knowledge or use of them, jsut like i have no ground to call whatever computer you use crap because of the same reason. as for the air, i have said it over and over and over: you arent in the target market, so quit complaining about a computer not meant for you in the first place.

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 03:19:57 PM »
i have extensive use of mac like ive repeatedly said half my life doesnt count i guess. and i dont have to be in the target audience of something to tell its crap. and no complaining just solid arguments which u seem to be lacking atm.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
i have extensive use of mac like ive repeatedly said half my life doesnt count i guess. and i dont have to be in the target audience of something to tell its crap. and no complaining just solid arguments which u seem to be lacking atm.

then you've wasted half your life on a computer, that in itself is sad, even if you are exaggerating. plus the fact that adaptation allows us to easly become used to a computer system so easy to use
and yes, you do. if the product isnt geared towards you, then it is not meant for you, and telling off somthing as crap without even taking a good look at it isnt valid at all. and yes, it is all complaining 'its crap, macs are crap'
thats complianing, not very solid

and its obvious if you have 'extensive use' which i highly doubt, then dont use it and quit complianing about it and writing it off as crap

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 03:57:52 PM »
Also, who here has even held an air? Felt the keyboard, the design, the touchpad?

When you do, its almost makes it worth the price....

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »
then you've wasted half your life on a computer, that in itself is sad, even if you are exaggerating. plus the fact that adaptation allows us to easly become used to a computer system so easy to use
and yes, you do. if the product isnt geared towards you, then it is not meant for you, and telling off somthing as crap without even taking a good look at it isnt valid at all. and yes, it is all complaining 'its crap, macs are crap'
thats complianing, not very solid

and its obvious if you have 'extensive use' which i highly doubt, then dont use it and quit complaining about it and writing it off as crap

i didnt mean in time god you need to takes things not so seriously i've used them throughout
 my school life in elementary, middle school, and in highschool in com-tech. I've also used at home, and on trips.

cmon you dont need to be in the target audience of a hummer per say to know they have horrible gas mileage its a common knowledge sort of thing.

how do you know i havent read reviews statistics and seen or felt an air either. you dont. and you need to understand what the difference is between a complaint and a statement or truth. im not complaining about an air since i dont have one im saying it sucks because it sux. you can argue it all you want im telling you if you get one or anyone gets one i will laugh at them.

and please dont flame me as then i will flame yo too i am hating on macs not you as a person, i find you misguided. if you want to get into a dis war then bring it on.

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
Its almost certain you havent because theyre not even out in all the apple stores yet, and because you hate macs, you wouldnt make the trip to go see it (and end up buying an iPod Touch)

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
how did you feel it then. and i want an ipod touch because i have my consumerism too, but mostly because ipods are so popular they get the coolest hacks. plus touchscreen is just cool. but it is way overpriced if they had a cheap replica or another mp3 which could do the same then that would be for me. and i would never make a trip to do any one thing really im not that sort of person. unless it was like the release of maybe mgs4 or something like that or maybe new FF.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal