Author Topic: need help with leds  (Read 896 times)

Offline redrider

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
need help with leds
« on: February 09, 2008, 07:45:20 PM »
k I found out my problem why they wernt turning on but now whenever they do light up they onley stay lit for about 10 sec then they get sooooo hot that the solder melts and comes apart..I have onley tested onle hooked up so do you think that if they were both hookerd up that they wouldnt get so hot or do I need to use a resistor....but they are blue leds and on my other psp I used blue leds and no resistor and they work fine....they do get hot but not hot enough to melt the soder..
thanks
Pandora Pw3neD $ony

Offline redryno1221

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Redrynotuts
Re: need help with leds
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »
hmmmm maybe you put to much solder and shorted out the battery.... don't know :dntknw:

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
Re: need help with leds
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 06:38:14 AM »
LEDs aren't suppose to get THAT hot. Use a god damn resistor like said everywhere. Only because it worked for some people doesn't mean that all the :censored: we have done to tell you people that you need a resistor is useless and wrong.

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal