Author Topic: 3.90 m33 CFW with 1.50 kernel v2= 2 terrabytes max???  (Read 2028 times)

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
3.90 m33 CFW with 1.50 kernel v2= 2 terrabytes max???
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:08:45 PM »
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline Korlithiel

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: 3.90 m33 CFW with 1.50 kernel v2= 2 terrabytes max???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:22:24 PM »
Possible, but still sounds like the hard drive mods are still more worthwhile then using an adapter and going through the memory stick slot.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »
well, i was thinking wire it internally, sauder the proper points, then if necessary keep a dummy stick in or something, at most youll have a hard drive hanging out
"believe nothing. no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »
may be but we still are stopped at the same point on every HDD mod how to get the HDD running USBHOSTFS. thier still has to be a median so we wire it up to the usb or the card reader internal (perfered over and extieror). Or ma by not i just was thinking does the memory card have usbhost on it no but do they boot up automatically hum are they a host or not do they Carie the programing to be a host if hooked up to card reader the HDD will automatically be recognized no you need to have a converter for any other card other then a pro duo do they Carrie a program to trick the psp to recognize it just like the pro duo.?(brain storming don't bother to follow any of it mostly all wrong but helps to figure out the right thing)

but hey it may be very possible you know the only reason to use the usb was because it carried no limit to the size of the storage.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:56:01 AM »
you have a point, i thought about that, we could test it, hook a power supply up for the hard drive to boot on  ( isay that for the wd passport setup i have) and make an adapter to allow it access through mini usb/pro duo adapter.

and yea, i knowthe usb was unlimited, but i figure since theres a theoretical 2 terrabyte limit on memorysticks now, why not? and besides, this will keep our usb port free for other things ( chotto shot, microphone, etc....)

Buddha

Offline Korlithiel

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »
Having the USB open is important for adding/removing files from the hard drive. It also leaves it open for a chotto shot mod.

Offline VICVANCE2011

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
what about adding an extra usb port? or a removable usb hub to allow 2 usb cables? that should fix having to not use the usb port. correct me if im wrong. im new to hardmodding, but I think I have some ideas for this.

Offline mav3r1ck

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • snoochy boochy's!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:00:55 AM »
personally, i think it would be a bit more ergonomic ( or whatever big word means practical) to make a pro duo adapter, because if you think about it, it would suck to carry around 2.5" drive attached to your psp all the time, it would be nice to remove the hdd once its not in use and stick it in your other pocket without it bulging out like you have a red brick in your pocket lol

the only thing i could see being a problem here is the cache difference between a hdd and a pro duo, or is there a difference???

i dunno about adding an extra usb port, seeing as how the psp only supports one on the firmware side of things  :cry2:

Buddha

Offline crumb100

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • MySpace http://www.myspace.com/theodoreleclerc
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »
hi, i didnt get a link but its over at hackaday. he gave up his umd drive and installed a ?20gig? hdd. maybe room in there for a micro hub? btw where can i find my AM themes pack?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal