Author Topic: Parallel Memory Stick (1st video demo EVER) !!!!  (Read 21223 times)

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
Re: Parallel Memory Stick
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
I will be able to help anyone now! what does it mean? I have got it working, so good news for everyone (for me too of course). You can choose now between two ways of doing this mod: gr8npwrfl way or mine.
Still somethings to do, but i confirm everyone interested in this that mod it is perfectly possible with just a soldering and a few chips.
There are many differences between gr8npwrfl way and mine, i will try to answer your questions about my way but please be patient in the waiting for a tutorial, i am going to be busy making it and studying (exams) so don't get upset if i don't answer very quickly.
Though i disagree with gr8npwrfl about which way is the best there will be time for us to explain the differences. And i also want to thank him for listenning my theories and explaining me his.
Hope this mod call your attention and thanks all the people interested who show their support on what i was doing.

Special thanks to egorive, without you i will never have done it!

So are you using a pic to switch memory cards with a press of a button on the psp or just a switch on the inside or out side?

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
So are you using a pic to switch memory cards with a press of a button on the psp or just a switch on the inside or out side?

Switch in the inside, i don't have a programmer and i think they are expensive so i can not use pics.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »
Here are sites to build your own PIC Programmer i suggest one of the first two.

http://www.instructables.com/id/JDM2-based-PIC-Programmer/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Business-Card-PIC-Programmer/

http://www.rentron.com/Myke4.htm

okay so what Picture should i use to do this mod. the one that is more accurate on the wiring.

T3kN1K4L:  Use the button to hyperlink.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 12:56:50 PM by T3KN1K4L »

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »
Thanks for the pictures. I have already bookmarked them. In any case i prefer using a switch than changing between the memories with a psp button. Well now that i think it would be possible for example to use the note button to change between the memories and for example that if you would press note+screen buttons at once you were being disabling that usage for the note button. That would be possible with a pic right?
In any case, making this mod has been quite hard for me, and i think it is enough having the possibility of changing the memory with an small switch. Building a pic programmer, tryin to find more room for that pic, and though i know about logic functions i don't know the language you use to program them, so that would be too much to do now that i feel i little tired.
In any case thanks for the info, i am actually very interested in cpld, fpga etc. and i will try things with those in the near future. Do you know something about programmers for fpga like proAsic, Xilinx, etc. For example the one that uses the Undiluted Platinum, as long as they are smaller than the ones the programmers you showed are made for, is there an easy way to build a programmer too? guess not but i am not losing anything for asking.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 12:31:00 AM »
Well i am sure about using the note + screen button to switch would work. Basic and C are two language you can use to program a PIC.
here is a link on switching mods on and off:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16849.0
and a little sample of the programing(this is for the led but gives you an idea)
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=16807.0
if you know basic or c then programing them should be easy. but i am not sure about the
fpga like proAsic, Xilinx.
Ask Cyberpyrot, l0rdnic0, CrkPyro
they know about PIC a whole lot more then me.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »
Thanks for the info, very cool. Yes i know c and java programming. I don't know about basic but buy the link you post, the code of the guy with the leds board seemed quite intuitive.
Very very interesting stuff, the result of using those pics is just perfect, a lot cleaner than adding another switch to the psp.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
Re: Parallel Memory Stick (1st video demo EVER) !!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
The first video demo ever about this mod, you can see it here and in the first post of the first page of the thread, but i will be releasing the news from now on in the first post. Hope you like it and sorry for my english.

First Be then PSP !!

Offline wilcome

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 03:05:48 PM »
Wow I have been following this thread since it begun. I have to say some things:

_ First of all thank you very much to everlasting because I think this is the first real thing I have seen after many time talking about making a parallel memory stick.
_ At the end it doesn't seem to be as easy as using a simple swich so I'll wait for the tutorial with a big smile in my face.
_ The posibilities of having a 2 parallel memory sticks working inside the psp it's a great idea because you save time if only have to turn on an off a pair of swiches and not to take out a ms from that UMEMD puting it in your mouth take the other out and ...uff so much work. Many of us have 1G and 2G ms loughing inside the drawer and this could be the solution to find them some work.

Again, thank you for all Everlasting. Really nice work. Hope to see the tutorial as soon as posible with many many details hehehe. 

P.D. : Sorry about my english

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
I'm rather interested as to how you removed the memstick slot from a motherboard (Assuming that you did remove it from a spare mobo). I'm thinking about taking a hammer and chisel to mine... But that might not turn out to so well for my fingers and life.

By the way, your English isn't that bad, it's better then half of the people I know, and they were born and raised in the ol' USA. Of course, these are the same people that think that Ignorant is pronounced "Ignant" and means rude... (Really means not knowing. Yes, this is different then stupid.)

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:48 AM »
Wow I have been following this thread since it begun. I have to say some things:

_ First of all thank you very much to everlasting because I think this is the first real thing I have seen after many time talking about making a parallel memory stick.
_ At the end it doesn't seem to be as easy as using a simple swich so I'll wait for the tutorial with a big smile in my face.
_ The posibilities of having a 2 parallel memory sticks working inside the psp it's a great idea because you save time if only have to turn on an off a pair of swiches and not to take out a ms from that UMEMD puting it in your mouth take the other out and ...uff so much work. Many of us have 1G and 2G ms loughing inside the drawer and this could be the solution to find them some work.

Again, thank you for all Everlasting. Really nice work. Hope to see the tutorial as soon as posible with many many details hehehe. 

P.D. : Sorry about my english

Thanks wilcome, glad you like it. yeah you could use your 1GB memstick just for programs or music, i know it is a problem to have to take two memory sticks with you  and remove one then insert the other depending on what you want to do at each moment. Also if you'd have two memstick of 8GB you would have a psp with 16GB.

I'm rather interested as to how you removed the memstick slot from a motherboard (Assuming that you did remove it from a spare mobo). I'm thinking about taking a hammer and chisel to mine... But that might not turn out to so well for my fingers and life.

By the way, your English isn't that bad, it's better then half of the people I know, and they were born and raised in the ol' USA. Of course, these are the same people that think that Ignorant is pronounced "Ignant" and means rude... (Really means not knowing. Yes, this is different then stupid.)
First thanks for the compliment about my english, in spanish ignorant is "ignorante" so as you see almost the same word and means what you said.
Talking about the mod, i didn't removed the slot from any board (it is in the wifi board) i just bought it in dealextreme for about 3$ or less (don't remember), check it out!
First Be then PSP !!

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 01:38:28 PM »
everlasting this is a fantastic mod!!!
great job ur english was good too :tup:

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 08:17:50 PM »
not bad on English at all man cant wait for the tut.
i would like to do this to my slim.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »
everlasting this is a fantastic mod!!!
great job ur english was good too :tup:

Thanks a lot gleng  :hifive:

not bad on English at all man cant wait for the tut.
i would like to do this to my slim.

Thaks gameking. If you send me a picture of the wifi board of the slim ( i guess the memstick is still there) and another one of the back case ( from inside), i will tell you if it is possible. In any case think that probably it will be possible. The chips are very small, the main problem will be the wires, and the slot, if you get wires like the ones that come with the up (magnet wires around 10AWG) it could be possible. I have a slim too but i don't feel like disassembling it, also it is my girlfriend psp so... i could get killed.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »
Just saw this. Awesome mod. There was quite a bit of talk about it a while back and I'm glad someone finally did it :)

Offline doug1O4231

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 12:40:01 AM »
wow i just cant wait also the PIC with the note+display button as the switch took my breath away =P i will be to help on the slim note if you still want the pictures if the memstick reader/backplate anyway nice mod i will be doing this on my slim real soon =D

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »
Thanks a lot gleng  :hifive:

Thaks gameking. If you send me a picture of the wifi board of the slim ( i guess the memstick is still there) and another one of the back case ( from inside), i will tell you if it is possible. In any case think that probably it will be possible. The chips are very small, the main problem will be the wires, and the slot, if you get wires like the ones that come with the up (magnet wires around 10AWG) it could be possible. I have a slim too but i don't feel like disassembling it, also it is my girlfriend psp so... i could get killed.
no prob man my slim is already apart. i just need to find one of the three cameras laying some were around the house.
ya don't touch her psp she will never let it go just rub it in your face wen you forgot all about it.

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 03:08:44 AM »
Just saw this. Awesome mod. There was quite a bit of talk about it a while back and I'm glad someone finally did it :)

Thanks Ilzwalrus.

no prob man my slim is already apart. i just need to find one of the three cameras laying some were around the house.
ya don't touch her psp she will never let it go just rub it in your face wen you forgot all about it.

Hehehehe. Don't worry, may be doug104231 will be able of uploading the images.

wow i just cant wait also the PIC with the note+display button as the switch took my breath away =P i will be to help on the slim note if you still want the pictures if the memstick reader/backplate anyway nice mod i will be doing this on my slim real soon =D

Well, now i have removed the three state switch (the big one) and i have put another like the small one (hold switch from the remote controller) so now both switches are very small, i am plannig on putting some plastic pieces in the memory stick cover so there won't be need for opening it for changing the memory.
 I agree with you that the switches are the bad side of this mod. I have tried my best to do this mod with just one switch but when testing it, i had some problems and i wasn't able to find a solution for that (i don't even know if there is a solution), so i had to add another switch. If i am right and there is no solution for that problem even using a pic you would have to add one switch too.
If you could upload the pictures i will be grateful and i will tell if there is room enough in a slim. I need pictures of the wifi board (i guess the memory slot is still there) and pictures from the inside of the backplate, just where the wifi board is located.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
wait im lost is there like a dip switch that swaps mem sticks or something or does it just do like both work at the same time

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »
good job but its a lil messy i think
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
dude u r a legand that is awesome :#1:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 01:02:13 PM »
wait im lost is there like a dip switch that swaps mem sticks or something or does it just do like both work at the same time
Two switches to change the memory stick the psp is reading/writting. No, they can't work at the same time. I doubt that's even possible, formatting two memories as if they were one, etc, etc.
good job but its a lil messy i think
Well, if you would see my board you would realize that everything is as much tidy as it can be taking in count that there are many cables. So i agree with you, but hey it fits into the fat psp and it works, so once the psp is assembled who cares what it looks like in the inside.

dude u r a legand that is awesome :#1:

Thanks a lot Ghost :winker:
First Be then PSP !!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
o ok.... >.<

Offline d2st3r

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »
Hi,
First of all, gratz for your mod it is awsome. I would like to know if you could tell me what wire you take for what switch or if you could make a diagram of the wirering.

Thanks

Offline everlasting_will

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • BEPSP
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 04:53:55 AM »

Hi,
First of all, gratz for your mod it is awsome. I would like to know if you could tell me what wire you take for what switch or if you could make a diagram of the wirering.

Thanks

Thanks d2st3r. Well it isn't just a matter of taking one pin and wire it to a switch as we talked at the beginning in this thread. It is far more complex. As i say in the video (hope it is legible speaking ;)) I am working on the tutorial. It will be ready soon.
First Be then PSP !!

Offline d2st3r

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »
ok I will check this thread some time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal