Author Topic: USB MASS STORAGE????  (Read 27308 times)

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: USB MASS STORAGE????
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
about fricken time some one put up some fight lol--- ok the point of uclinux is to build a kernal in the psp enviroment second..have not tried to run server (use it at work sucks)  second half of this is shooting in the dark trial and error ......and for you to know the uclinux is a base linux program that is capible of running and making linux kernals.

i do not want the actual umb ribbon to plug into the hdd i want in the menu for umd to acces hardrive... my last post was a little scketchy but hey i have no time just workin for the man lol and i will look into the server bit thanks for the direction

Offline Drajwer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »
about fricken time some one put up some fight lol--- ok the point of uclinux is to build a kernal in the psp enviroment second..have not tried to run server (use it at work sucks)  second half of this is shooting in the dark trial and error ......and for you to know the uclinux is a base linux program that is capible of running and making linux kernals.

i do not want the actual umb ribbon to plug into the hdd i want in the menu for umd to acces hardrive... my last post was a little scketchy but hey i have no time just workin for the man lol and i will look into the server bit thanks for the direction

uClinux is a special linux that can run on embedded systems without MMU.
If you want to change UMD icon in xmb you have to edit firmware (very good asm and RE knowledge, imho). IrShell will be better, or other.

BTW. iPodLinux doesnt have working usb drivers currently... So might forget about iPodLinux + usbhostfs. Amirite?

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 11:31:22 PM »
YOU are right i pod sucks for linux but the flash drive inside is what im using. irshell has been the best idea so far for the psp for linking the two but you cant script on irshell so back to uclinx i can develop on psp for my needs.

you can put linux on everything except my cereal

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »
YOU are right i pod sucks for linux but the flash drive inside is what im using. irshell has been the best idea so far for the psp for linking the two but you cant script on irshell so back to uclinx i can develop on psp for my needs.

you can put linux on everything except my cereal

so close to making me put our linux cd onto a bowl of serial and taking a pic... so close lol
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:29 PM »
okay it is kinda hard but not that hard to change the root directory of the umd drive button in the xmb to go to the HDD. If one the HDD is hooked up to the usb port.

Why do i say this is because you can take the code from the camera prx and implement it in place of the umd.

or you can edit the vshmain.prx to search for the usb mode camera prx, and edit the camera prx to run an app like usbiso loader.(you can change the root directory of the share button to any app) so the umd can also be changed)

but you need an app like irshell or usbisoloader to recognize the contents on the hdd. 

or you need to find some one that is skilled in hex editing and right a code that takes the usbhost.prx and makes it load on the xmb under every catagory that uses the MS
.under the memorystick of all five menus.
ex. pictures icon> psp looks for  usb>camera/usbhost>hdd>photo instead of MS>photo.

each prx for the photo music movies and games will have to be redirected to the usb port using usbhost telling them to go to their folders. no diff from what they do know just direct them to look to usb port instead of the MS, and have them use usbhost.

that is all irshell is doing just need to implement it over to the flash0 by adding tasks on to the prx's.

I am sure if you have enough of the programing done on the PIC to make it sound convincing that Dark Alex and Freeplay or redsquirl or some of the other pll that mess around with the flash0 will help you they are very kind and will help if their is dedication that is proven.

i mess around with it more often and am starting to learn that you can change a whole lot. oh and ppl that do themes know a lot about prx and rco's they are help full too. consolspot is good to check at. just know what you are asking.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
ive been working with some peoplr from vinculum, and i need to make some money, then ill go into R&D. i know most of how to do this now, just need to test and get the kinks out of it. how awesome would it be to have a 160gb hd in there?

and by the way... why are you guys trying to get somthing for the XMB when we dont even have this thing working yet, or do you guys?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 11:37:03 AM by cwn723 »

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
Well you really do not need the PIC part working to get the xmb going. It is better to start now because it will take some time to change and edit it all. Thier might be a way to add another setting in the VSHmenu.

We still can test it on the computer it will do the same thing mostly. and we can have the XMB done when the PIc part is done.

davidwharton

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
So where are we with getting a HDD on the PSP?
I have kept all the schematics that PVP provided, and am capable of building the circuit - but is it some firmware for the PIC that we need?
I know that PVP has also dissapeared  :dntknw:
Also getting the XMB to work first is wrong, if we build the circuit and get that working we can always monitor the output from the VDIP to see if its working correctly, then work on intergrating it into the XMB.
Perhaps this was a big fake all along  :confused:

Has anyone ever taken a PSP camera apart? looking at the circuit in there could give us quite a big clue into getting the HDD working, as the camera is obviously a host.

Offline Masa

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
Hi just wanted to give my opinion.

Im a complete noob to modding and i havent built this yet but from what ive read from pvp notes aswell as anything i could find about the module on the net.

I think this mod is very much possible to do but there are many probs to it. The prob is the other chip like the pic mentioned by gameking and the atmega88 by pvp. Now this chip monitors the whole thing and its by this chip you can get everything to work. However the next step is the stumbling block. I think gameking is right in saying that we need the xmb or something like that to run the whole thing but what i think is more important is how do we get the psp to send commands to the monitor chip as this is where i cannot find anything about the system on the net.

Now since i havent made this i havent asked vinculum about how to program it so can anyone whos got further help?

I know that this system can work but its the other chip that makes it work so you need the psp to interface with the other chip which is maybe why theres been some talk about porting usbhost to the chip

I know i kinda just said whats already been said but i hope that helps anybody doing this mod.

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
... tryed doing what i said, and through irshell, i could see all the files, just not access them.. ill have to fix that.. lol

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2008, 05:34:47 PM »
man why irshell xmb plug in would be the best to top off this mod. Just need some help on hex editing some stuff and it will work.

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 03:21:40 AM »
whats goin on fellas
so i have been at school for a couple months  :faint: now im back. and i am hopeing to pick up where i left off this weekend. did anyone else get anyfurther on this project.

i had a question if anyone knows about openldap servers (linux). they can be really small like 4 GB and can be set to run auto programs when power is turned on.and they can be used to talk to many os types including win/mac/unix/linux. i think this could work.

idea. get
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/
need to try to install the libraries for "openLDAP" to include dependencies then set up a domain tree but use the psp as ldap user. and set up openldap server. find out what we dont for this project and uninstall it from the linux Thumbdrive. need set the chconfig in the linux for auto run when power is turned on. (this is a idea need to r&d) it a little

make psp a user in this server using the mac address of the psp

now since the base of both of these will be booting a linux kernal they should see each other and the psp will have acess to the data base. the only problem with this idea is the wireing will have to be done totally different.

i will be starting this pendrive to Openldap project this week i will keep you updated.......in the end if the openldap server works on the thumb drive then there should be no problem linking the two.

here is to hopeing

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 03:23:53 PM »
99INFERNO hey your back i just got done with my semester have a whole foure weeks off before i have the summer classes start of for 6 weeks ya.
but any ways i will look in to this linux distro to see what it can do. and i am not sure but is the usbhostfs been ported over to linux i know it hasn't for the IPL but if not e may be able to get it to work with wine. but i would scrape the whole usbhostfs and re program another program to allow for more flexibility aoutstart feature wen power is added to the hdd (might have to ad a few other chips and all to do this but it may be worth th while i just need to get a good group of ppl that have a good bassis on programing.) but i just read your little blurb that it support diff os's so i still think makeing a new one to support faster transfer more open of HDD discovery and integrating it in to the XMB whould be the cream of the cake there are some knew apps that will do what the irshell does but in the XMB out if i am not mistaken i not 100% sure if they are rummers or not but i have been kinda busy with finals and all so dont quote me.
i am glad to ere some one els going at this again but thoer is some one els just started but they have no idea what the just got them selves in to lol any th strong mined will survive.
man i need to take the stupid test to test out of some ITS class that is point less so i can take a programing class. i hate prerequisite  they are a waste of time and money.
well if you need any help just ask.

VoX

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
USBhost has been ported to linux, so you can use that but you might to to reprogram it anyway for the reasons that you have stated

Offline cwn723

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008, 05:36:17 PM »
hey, guys im almost done, it may be awhile cause i need to make money to buy a PIC programmer, so...

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »
that is awsome man ....i wish you worked where i do we have PIC programers just laying around we have whole software engeneering dept. would you like to share what you have so far so i could maybe help with some steps.

also are you saying for sure your almost there....should we not waste our time on this openladp linux idea???????

throw us a bone LOL  :)

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
http://pspupdates.qj.net/HostCore-1-0-bridge-your-PC-s-contents-to-your-PSP/pg/49/aid/120102   here you go?

T3KN1K4L:  Please hyper link using the button!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:15:00 AM by T3KN1K4L »

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »
man i knew i wasn't crazy and saw something ha. sweet

hey inferno i think that linux opoenladp is great idea it can be made just as a usbhost and nothing more meaning a size of less then 5mb at the most. because all the interface goodies would be gone and only the core program would be needed so it should be small and very effective. and very customizable to add future mods on the psp cough cough hybird maby with keyboard.

it would be better cwn732 and inferno you both got your ideas and stuff swaped so you can finish this. and you can make your own pic programmer for penny's on the dollar get most of the parts as samples and the rest cheap. there are many tuts flying around the internet every easie to find.

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2008, 04:36:04 AM »
Z3ROmod AWSOME thanks for the link i didnt even know that was out ......it has been added to the folder. also i will be workin on this tomorrow wooooohoooooooooo ( actually :censored: ing BAD :censored: :censored: :censored:)  LOL cant wait
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:40:44 AM by 99INFERNO »

Offline DuMaMay

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008, 10:43:28 PM »
i'm pretty sure the whole building process is a lot more complicated than you make it seem. didn't pvp work on it for a long time before releasing it? come back to us in a couple months when you have a working model
console list: psp, regular ds, xbox, ipod touch (new new new!)

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
i'm pretty sure the whole building process is a lot more complicated than you make it seem. didn't pvp work on it for a long time before releasing it? come back to us in a couple months when you have a working model

you think the building process is hard LOL no  :censored: !!!!!! also if we want to put little communications on here everyday just saying hi we can. second where is PVP since you brought it up. third i know of only 4 people trying this- and we keep in touch here so how about you come back in a couple months and see if WE got anywhere.

have a awsome day  :hifive:

Offline DuMaMay

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2008, 09:19:45 AM »
not to be a bearer of bad news but the chance of you guys succeeding is quite low. many people on many forums have tried making this and only one has done it. the only way to do it is to ask the original maker.

Offline Z3ROmod

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »
sorry anout not hyperlinking posted from my blackberry screen is like 1.5"x1"

Offline wesley_huddleston1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »
I knew a guy, the smartest guy I have ever met, that went by the last name Calderon. He made a external drive work by writing a bunch of psp software and using a IPOD file transfer device to play UMD images off of his external drive. he did this last February though and I haven't seen him or talked to him in over a year. He is the guy you need.

Offline Syugo

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
I knew a guy, the smartest guy I have ever met, that went by the last name Calderon. He made a external drive work by writing a bunch of psp software and using a IPOD file transfer device to play UMD images off of his external drive. he did this last February though and I haven't seen him or talked to him in over a year. He is the guy you need.

Jose Calderon?
not suitable for family site

Offline wesley_huddleston1

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »
If I knew his first name I would have told you.
all I know is that we were in fort gordon together.

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2008, 01:22:18 AM »
Hey guys
could there be a way to find the file system on a 8 gb prostick duo and copy that to a small HD because shown here is the way to install a second memory stick. watch the first video. if it is possible then we could connect the hd the same way this is. except the hd would have to be self powered.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2008/05/20/an-assortment-of-fine-psp-mods/

Please Hyperlink your links to make them easier to use.
-wrcsti

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:15:01 PM by wrcsti »

Offline DuMaMay

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »
who keeps deleting my posts??

Offline 99INFERNO

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2008, 03:21:26 AM »
DONT KNOW MAN  :w00t:

VoX

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2008, 04:05:06 AM »
Was it PvP related? If so, That might be why

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal