Poll

Should i test my mod?

yes but test first
2 (100%)
yes dont test either
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: have a question with my mod  (Read 1697 times)

Offline YMON

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
have a question with my mod
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »

OK I'm thinking of modding my black ds lite by putting in clear buttons, d-pad, and shoulder buttons and back-lighting them with red leds and placing in a on/off switchbut im afraid to wreck my ds.

I do have another ds lite thats white and broken (on the touch screen)and I could test on that but then it would take a heck of alot longer, and how am i supposed to get my leds & switch off??

Offline YMON

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: have a question with my mod
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:11:43 AM »
ok i'll test first but im actually thinking transparent re with white leds and mayin the future i could do a little project im thinking of...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:27:10 PM »
Oi mate, try not to Dbl-Post. Anyway best if you test it. If the ds with the broken touch screen is never used, then remove the mother board, and try to solder the LEDS you want on it, of course this is saying that you know how to do it, if not, then ask :D. Once you have the LEDs in place, grab the battery, and place it in the terminals, and turn it on. IT just has to turn the LEDS on when you turn the 2nd switch on. You're better off not making a 2nd switch, but that's just me.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline YMON

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 02:04:59 AM »
sry for the dbl-pst and i geuss i wont make a second switch i might use one for one of my future mods tho could you tell me where to get some transparent buttons or maybe some transparent red and the place to tap 12 leds from :confused: ? this is my first mod...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:26:19 AM by YMON »

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »
Hmm perfect place I heard was in the GBA slot part, it should be 3 pins left, and 2 right. Basically, from all the other places I know, this one is the only place that gives the LEDS full power w/o the need for a resistor, especially if you will put them all in parallel. The buttons, I suggest just buying a clear case, because you won't really find someone selling the button set by themselves. If you want, goto google and switch to the shopping google, and try to find a clear ds lite button set. Hopefully some random person or even company is selling them. I'd say the only problem which I saw  a while back was trying to fit them so that they don't mess with your function, meaning you can push the A button and it'll still work and feel like a brand new DS, or better. The shoulder buttons are easy since they are hollow. You can either try putting them right under the buttons, or sticking them to the motherboard where nothing will hit the LEDs, but everytime I would close my ds lites up, they would having an annoying sticking problem with either the L or R buttons, so I'd be careful with that.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal