Author Topic: psp Flip screen  (Read 10832 times)

Offline jr-val-mtz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
psp Flip screen
« on: February 22, 2008, 05:07:24 PM »
Well i was thinking since the psp LCD screen has a kinda long ribbon i was wondering if their was a way to make it into a flip screen so it could be flip up and watch movies while the psp lays on its back and blasts the sound in the direction u looking at it......???? any one knows if this can be done?????? 

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modder For Hire - AM Donator
    • Modder For Hire website Hire me
Re: psp Flip screen
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »
first you'll have to get another ribbon and connector to extend other than that yea possible cut the faceplate to

PINOY AKO

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »
it is possiable! just cut the faceplate and add some hindes on to the lcd cage and some of those thindos that hole them up

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
not a bad idea i might look in to ths but then again it may be a pain to get it to stay in the position you want it to stay in.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »
yer get some very small himges that are stiff so they are tight enough to hold the screen in one place. You will need to cut the faceplates screen free so it is able to move. Great idea  :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 09:00:01 PM »
Whats the use of a flipscreen

Well i was thinking since the psp LCD screen has a kinda long ribbon i was wondering if their was a way to make it into a flip screen so it could be flip up and watch movies while the psp lays on its back and blasts the sound in the direction u looking at it......???? any one knows if this can be done?????? 

PINOY AKO

Offline nez

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pirate For Life
    • 13xic0n administrator\owner
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »
it would be kool but i havea stand with spekers and it is easy to see.  but wouldnt the screen stickout a little from the face plate and jave a gap on the sides

Offline 4dP

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 10:17:32 PM »
this reminds me of the h bracket on the psp slim umd door maybe you'll be able to incorporate that

PINOY AKO

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »
omg think of how cool it would be to have like a mini servo with a plugin that you could use to make the screen electronicly go up and down. Auctualy kinda useless for how much work and money it would take but yea :tup:

Offline jr-val-mtz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 02:02:39 PM »
that sounds like a great way to do it with the automatic pop up screen and hey maybe if i could make like a case to hold the back it would look nice with some leds. but if worked on properly and carefully may be it can look as good as any other company that makes flip screens ....

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 12:10:01 AM »
lol sping loaded sceen with pulseing red leds behind awsome  :hifive:

Offline Electro

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +8/-0
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
I considered this in the past, it's an ok idea but for this to work and look good U would need to cut the faceplate and probably paint the back of the screen the same color as the PSP.

This would be really useful if Sony releases the PSP keyboard and if it would fit in the screens place to make it internal.  :D

Watch SONY will probably steal this idea for the PSP2. ;P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 03:52:26 PM by Electro »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »
I considered this in the past, it's an ok idea but for this to work and look good U would need to cut the faceplate and probably paint the back of the screen the same color as the PSP.

This would be really useful if Sony releases the PSP keyboard and if it would fit in the screens place to make it internal.  :D

lol probaly will lol... sony, tut tut need some better designers mabe hire some auctual modders to give them ideas. I would never do it though as its just betraying the modding world  :angry::tup:

Offline jr-val-mtz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 03:50:11 PM »
hey that internal key board sounds kool .........but for that to work the screen would have to bee out a couple of cm or just completely make a new face and back plate to ware it will all fit its prob gonna be a little bigger but the for us that means more leds and i like the keyboard idea.....

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 12:45:09 AM »

i kno someone that works in sony industrial areas and he has a prototypr of a psp and ive had a go it really uncoftamble for your hands and very hard and ugly deigsn i gusee its only prototype

and by the way i decided try this mod soon when i think about it and make some blueprints

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
*double post sorry)

ok i tought about this and took apart my psp and tought about it and i was playing arounfd with thinking how to get it too work .
then i ran into a roadblock=\ the startbar is a total peice of sh  :censored: t. well when you put the startbar in it clips over the lcd screen so i tought maybe i could solder off the clips and put some light glue on it to the lcd screen but it wont work coz everytime the buttons will fall out of place and you be able to get it in. so i think i can maybe move it to some where but it has a shorty cable the closet spot i tought was behind the lcd since it gonna be bale to pop up and it will be there.
but then it would be annoying doing that. so i thinking maybe i can keep the start button on the lcd and de solder the clips light glue it onto the backlight and cable protecter then since the screen protecter on the faceplate is gonna be cut out then maybe cut the little bar of plastic below the cut out screen protecer like below the whole where the start button is then like some how attach it to the start bar maybe make some special clip i dunno but that is the best possiable solutin ive come up with.

L1A :victory:

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15943.0

look at that one it dosent look completely finished, but it is a flip screen.

i think its better aproached with custom ribin cables expensive but hey.

why cant you leave the clips on and put glue on bottom between brace and clip, or solder it.

i think we should have a completely custom case and ribion cable then u could make the screen holder flip 360 to have psp normal set up on one side flip screen computer on the other.

just ideas.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 09:31:23 AM »
My brother wanted me to do this for him he loves the DS and wanted a similiar idea for the PSP.

There is an external battery pack thing that screws into the top and you plug into the power plug for the external battery. It's a bit chunky but it spins flips etc to cover the screen as a protection when you are not playing.

It seems to me that mounting an LCD in there would be simple in theory plus the addition of extra battery life :tup:

also you could modify the power grip so that it only flips as I dont think the ribbon cable is rotatable, correct me if im wrong :laughing:

Then you cover the screens place with plexi and have some lovely speakers, amps, LEDs etc to ke ti pretty or the keyboard idea sounds pretty cool :tup:

Well thats jsut my 2 cents :winker:

Offline folklord36

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:38 AM »
wow do u have a link to buy that thing?

or can i get it at local game shop?

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 12:55:33 PM »
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15943.0

look at that one it dosent look completely finished, but it is a flip screen.

i think its better aproached with custom ribin cables expensive but hey.

why cant you leave the clips on and put glue on bottom between brace and clip, or solder it.

i think we should have a completely custom case and ribion cable then u could make the screen holder flip 360 to have psp normal set up on one side flip screen computer on the other.

just ideas.
beacuse the clips would be in the way of like lifting up the screen etc.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joytech-Power-Grip-PSP/dp/B000H2P9YI

Amazon FTW!! =P jsut search for psp power grip that one is joytech and thats the only brand I know that makes them =]

But trust me it increases the psp depth by 50% so IMO it would only be good for a flip screen type deal =P

Offline jr-val-mtz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 07:55:37 PM »
well it will need to cut out the face plate and i just got my 5th psp and plan on doing this on that one well i have some sketches on what i plane to make it look like ill up load soon and see what u guys think about it...... :tup:

hey i was looking around my psp and i thought of using the springin my umd that makes it pop out to make my screen pop out just reassemble the open switch and since i dont use my umd i was thinking y not.....also cutting my home, start, select, ect. buttons and moving them to the out side and let them sit on the side so it wont mess up my screen when it moves up and also getting ride of the top screen clips so it will pop up and stay in place in the bottom....but its all base on cutting the face plate and moving around some parts well this is what i have so far thought up ......let me know what u guys think about this.......
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 09:28:33 PM by jr-val-mtz »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal