Author Topic: An Intresting Question  (Read 5208 times)

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
An Intresting Question
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
Is there a way that i can make IR on psp take commands, like a small remote that has 2 buttons right left or something like that.
or can someone briefly explain me how the IR on a psp or something else like a tv  remote works.
thank you
i really will appriciate your help

ps: i know you people will  think "Why would you want that its just 2 buttons" and other stuff but i have my own reasons for that.

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: An Intresting Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
get the homebrew programm irshell or universal remote
with some ir codes for them
u can use the IR as a remote for like 1000 tv's

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
no i mean if i can use some kind of remote to control the psp

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »
oh

no it's not a IR reciever, it sends out infra red signals

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
so is there a way that i could make or get a ir receaver from some toy and sodier it to psp and make it work.

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • (Modder for hire) Live in your world, Mod in ours.
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »
oh

it is a sender and receiver but you need a software mod to control it

to add if you made a software mod then you would have to configure it to your remote by taking in the signal and processing it to the appropriate command on the psp, it is all very possible and could be adapted so the user could configure it to the buttons and remote they want to use, i guess you would be using this for music with ur psp plugged into an amp or something or as an infra red switch for led's, but the remote has to point at the psp's infra red for it to work so may be a bit of a waste of time

so basically yes you can do what you want but i dont reckon its worth the effort
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 06:02:40 PM »
ok. i was trying yo think of a mod where you use IR receiver the, IR reeaves the IR and the info so then it  lets the volts pass through the whole psp and over fluctuates it so if someone steals my psp and if its from my school, i coud just go around the hallways pressing the ir remote button and the psp would just wont work again.
lol  i know its stupid

Offline JefeSand

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 01:13:53 AM »
ok. i was trying yo think of a mod where you use IR receiver the, IR reeaves the IR and the info so then it  lets the volts pass through the whole psp and over fluctuates it so if someone steals my psp and if its from my school, i coud just go around the hallways pressing the ir remote button and the psp would just wont work again.
lol  i know its stupid

Sounds funny to me, but in order for IR the IR remote to work it has to be pointed directly at the PSP's IR sensor or atleast in the remotes field of view and in the PSPs case with in 4 feet.  Best thing to do would be to use one of the sercurity homebrews that requires you to put in a password, I think one of them had the option to brick the PSP.  Of course a pandora's battery would be able to get it back up and running.

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »
lol  i know its stupid
hahahaha and then u would find out that the psp was in ypur pocket :rofl:

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 12:50:02 PM »
hahahaha and then u would find out that the psp was in ypur pocket :rofl:

haha classic
oh

yes it is thats how come u can recive files send by another psp, but rightly said that you will need homebrew  :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »
it is a sender and receiver but you need a software mod to control it

to add if you made a software mod then you would have to configure it to your remote by taking in the signal and processing it to the appropriate command on the psp, it is all very possible and could be adapted so the user could configure it to the buttons and remote they want to use, i guess you would be using this for music with ur psp plugged into an amp or something or as an infra red switch for led's, but the remote has to point at the psp's infra red for it to work so may be a bit of a waste of time

so basically yes you can do what you want but i dont reckon its worth the effort

any toturials you for someone you knows, no the stuff you said

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 02:35:14 PM »
trust me on this one it is not worth the effort for what it is it would be easier to take a receiver from a toy or something and wire it to short when a certain button is pressed or fuse out a piece of fuse wire that is connected to the power supply so that it cant be turned on without the fuse wire being replaced

that is a much more feasible and realistic way to get what you said you want to do to work, basically what i am trying to say is that ir is :censored: basically in all respects and its even worse in the psp

get a walkie talkie and do what i said using fuse wire, dont ask how to wire it because it is just common sense and no-one else has done it before so how would they know

basically just wire the positive to fuse wire if the button is pressed it redirects power from somewhere else to that positive connection and fries the fuse wire disabling the psp
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
thanks and i meant to say
"any toturials you or someone you know has one, on the stuff you said"
i am sorry about that.

thanks for your help

one or 2 questions

Why would i need a fuse wire, do you mean the psp electrocution part so i just take the wire and put it around the mobo.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=494&&source=14&doy=search

and i am sorry but i dont get the walkie talky part

ps. i know youu ppl will be thinking "Damm you noob"  but i am sorry if i knew how to do it like a pro i would have got it. again i am sorry for being a noob

Offline FaT3oYCG

• Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Modern-Gamer.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »
ok here comes the explanation

take the little white slot off the psp's mobo then get some fuse wire and wire it to the psp's positive connection on the mobo and then to the positive connection on the connector, then with normal wire, wire the negative one

you could then get a walkie talkie, for the receiver and transmitter, which will increase the distance and usability as you can be farther away and dont have to point it at the psp, then wire some normal wire to a 3 or 5 v point on the psp on the inside and then to the receiver, then another wire from the receiver to the mobo on the positive connector where the fuse wire is connected

this will increase the voltage and current going through the fuse wire when the sender on the walkie talkie is pressed, therefore burning the fuse wire out and disabling the psp until some new fuse wire is placed there, which you would be the only one to know

if you dont understand what i mean i cant put it any simpler get someone else to explain it to you as i cant rephrase it to make it more readable

and i dont know the power ratings for the psp so i dont know if that wire will work ask someone or find out about the power ratings and then buy the relevant wire

thanks
----- F@T3oYCG -----

Offline dhruv r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 07:53:56 AM »
Thanks i kind of get it now

Offline dogrof

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 12:23:01 AM »
hmmmm very interesting topic!! With what little I know I actually might have some knowledge of use!!!

I saw somewhere that somebody moded their psp so that instead of using the on switch to turn it on, they used a magnet and swept it over their psp to turn it on! Sorry I don't know too much about it besides that someone did something like that.

Also when they try and turn it on, make it so if they do try to do that, it short circuts the board or somethin like that!

And, I think somone else modded bluetooth hardware onto their psp. try that and if it does get stolen walk around sending out your signal of death!!

hope that might help. sorry I dont know who did these things or where to find out how but maby the all knowing google might shed some light???!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal