Author Topic: Painting my ds phat ;D  (Read 3441 times)

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Painting my ds phat ;D
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »
As the title says, I would like to paint my phat, currently being modded out the arse for a project. For now, I have:
-Plastic primer paint (spray can)
-French Blue spray paint (I want to use this on the top shell of the ds, the inside top part of the ds, and some parts of the inside bottom part of the ds)
-Black plastic spray paint (This will be used on everything else if I don't like how the black replacement case looks on the ds.)
-320 Extra fine sandpaper ( I was wondering, alot of people say to start with 600, but I keep thinking that will leave deep scracthes on the ds, but of course I'm the noob in painting, so please correct and then slap me with a newspaper :P)

I wanted to also know why I keep get heavy paint drops in the mist from the black plastic spray paint. My dad removed the little cap and try to clean it, but it still shoots drops in the mist, so it comes out even but then you see some spots of paint on it, like when someone sneezes then coughs. (< I hope I made that clear enough for people to understand, XD)
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Ocere

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Painting my ds phat ;D
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:00:23 PM »
Just to throw this out there, the higher the #, the finer the Sandpaper grit.  Therfore, 320<600. 

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »
Ahh I didn't realize, I thought it was the other way around. Thanks mate, you can go ahead and slap me now XD. Anyway, I still need to figure out if I should get car spray paint or what, I'll just wait another 2 months to get a new reply XD. Anyway thanks again for that bit of info.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline glenng82

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:17:05 PM »
just get one of those things that attach to the sprayer. go real slow & steady use the finest grit sandpaper u can find. paint & sand ect... till your happy with the results
lol the response only took like 9 days lol
good luck

Offline danman2991

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
I would also get some clear coat. it will protect it a little from scratches and make it look nice and shiny  :tup:

Offline StealthedHunter

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Can't See me
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 08:00:45 PM »
I would recomend doing at least 2+ coats of clearcoat.But do really thin coats so it will still look good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal