Author Topic: I am pissed!! Guy stole my video of my modded psp!!!!  (Read 5641 times)

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
I am pissed!! Guy stole my video of my modded psp!!!!
« on: March 09, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »
Wow guys look what i just found out and i am extremly pissed! Chceck this!

http://dukespspisos.forumotion.com/chat-f141/my-newest-mod-t1843.htm#9264

Its a good function youtube has that you can check where your video is published!!
Where do you guys get the acidmods video lightning intro?? i will be using it for my videos from now on!

Offline MARIOPARTY53

• I DONT FAIL
  • BANNED
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Pc Gaming Rules
Re: I am pissed!! Guy stole my video of my modded psp!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »
what a loser, I woduldnt take credit for something I didnt make

that guy is a real noob
However today I was brutally raped by a door handle, and none of my friends helped me up off the floor after ten minutes, instead they all teabaged me, all 10 of them...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »
Wow, I hope he falls down a cliff at like hundreds of miles an hour, meeting a bullet coming from the ground :). In any case, you should take it as a compliment. Your mod pwns so much that some little :censored: had the ":censored:" to take your mod and call it his own :D. In a way, it should not make you as mad, but it's still something that I would take a look at, copyright wise :)

edit:
stop trying to avoid the text filters. If you want to say something bad use the censored icon.

nic0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:17:41 PM by l0rdnic0 »
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »
what a loser he needs a life and stop steling other peoples mods u noob (tibor thats a nice mod i cant belive someone would stel it and claim it as thers)

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 04:12:59 AM »
Wow, I hope he falls down a cliff at like hundreds of miles an hour, meeting a bullet coming from the ground

How could that possibly be appropriate for any situation...

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:34:57 AM »
i got thesame too  :angry:

my first psp mod was a normal umd door mod
i posted it on video.google

the guy downloaded it there, and posted it on youtube
he got like 40.000 vieuws on that vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQCrnBzit60
Added:  November 17, 2006 

and to proof it to you all here is my vid

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-7236867047136671504&q=rob+leufkens&total=8&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
vid info:
14 sec. - uploaded on 30 september 2006

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

phenomenal

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
People always do this with my designs. Im pretty much used to it.

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 07:55:08 AM »
phen, you've jsut gotta stop being good at art, then it wont get copied ;)

Also with videos you've gotta make them VERY distinctive, stuff  at the start credits etc, text overlays at crucial points

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 08:06:31 AM »
ye put acidmods n the vid at the beging and end and while its playing unless your going to edit the vid and make it look like a crappy picture that people cannot see then it will stop people copying
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

phenomenal

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 09:11:29 AM »
also tibor, watermark your videos (put like a transparent acidmods thingy)

also, lol timmy

Offline tibor28

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 09:35:41 AM »
also tibor, watermark your videos (put like a transparent acidmods thingy)

also, lol timmy
all right guess i will have to lean video editing then :laughing: does anyone know where to get the acidmods beginning clip like in this video?
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UlPdvbDXQaI

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:48:37 AM »
download the video you free flv converter to convert it to a usable format or if your favourtie video editor can use flv just cut out everything at the beggining and end of the video and just insert yours.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
How could that possibly be appropriate for any situation...

Easy, when they are copying your work, it's considered plagerism, mate. ^_^. Anyway, is there any way to actually take those kind of situations up with legal action? Just wondering of course. This ain't worth spending hundreds to thousands, but out of curiousity, can people actually take this up to court?
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »
although it could be considered a legal matter and simple evidence provided suppporting your point such as the actual PSP in you posession then yes however if you approach any legal action you will be laughed out of court for wasting time over stupid little toys. Tough break kid. Lifes a b!itch =\

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
Easy, when they are copying your work, it's considered plagerism, mate. ^_^. Anyway, is there any way to actually take those kind of situations up with legal action? Just wondering of course. This ain't worth spending hundreds to thousands, but out of curiousity, can people actually take this up to court?

So the penalty for plagiarism should be death...? that would make copy-pasting a punishable offense...

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »
also isn't it only plagerism if he paid for the copyrights to the video and trademarked and logos or unique features on his psp?

besides suing would be stupid over a video like this, imagine your opening statement "I am suing because he got a little bit of prestige from 3 posters on a forum before i took action, he has already been pnuished but i want to take this further despite not having any written or signed form of copyright to the media in question, Thankyou your honour"

I think we could have a stella award nominee in that case...

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »
So the penalty for plagiarism should be death...? that would make copy-pasting a punishable offense...

Sigh Reaper, trying to make me sound like the bad guy won't get anybody anywhere :P. If what you say is true, then most of my 2nd period science class would be dead for copy+pasting their report :D, not me included. I say this agaisnt this guy because yes, I do beleive that plagerism (the basic meaning, which is just "Copying someone's work, w/o permission") is disgusting and immoral. It's basically lying and stealing in one and I would hope to see anybody pulling it off to get in some trouble, not what I mentioned in my other post, but just something bad. BTW, quoting someone ain't plagerism, so I hope I don't get one of those "omg Seik, I just quoted you and never asked you for your quote, go kill me", because I will respond with laughter :D

also isn't it only plagerism if he paid for the copyrights to the video and trademarked and logos or unique features on his psp?

besides suing would be stupid over a video like this, imagine your opening statement "I am suing because he got a little bit of prestige from 3 posters on a forum before i took action, he has already been pnuished but i want to take this further despite not having any written or signed form of copyright to the media in question, Thankyou your honour"

I think we could have a stella award nominee in that case...

This is why I asked out of curiousity, I know it'd be stupid to sue over a video some guy stole and got at the most a few viewers, but I actually wanted to know how far can the copyright rule go to, and looks like it can goto this if he pays for the copyright to the video, logos, and TM features :P according to you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 07:50:01 PM by seikene »

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »
that would make copy-pasting a punishable offense...
cut my hands off
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal