8 (30.8%)
Kick Ass Gaming PC - £1500
10 (38.5%)
Macbook and Heavily OC'ed Gaming PC  £1500
4 (15.4%)
Windows Based Gaming Laptop - £1300
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: WORLDS HARDEST DECISION!  (Read 23033 times)

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: WORLDS HARDEST DECISION!
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 11:43:14 AM »
I vote hackintosh lol. Prob the Mac.

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »
I second my decision for a gaming PC, I LOVE MINE

Offline P3nnyw1se

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • AcidMaG
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
PC's r cheaper too....so that's another plus to em...as long as you have GOOD anti virus and spyware software on em =D

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »
if you need anything go for nod32 its amazing

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »
so any final decision? :P

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »
Not yet, still stirring, i need to get the cash anyway, im still swinging towards MBP, but i need to get cash, and to get cash i need to loose some weight, so yeah. should have one by June.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
Not yet, still stirring, i need to get the cash anyway, im still swinging towards MBP, but i need to get cash, and to get cash i need to loose some weight, so yeah. should have one by June.
Pimpin your self out?

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2008, 04:15:14 PM »
No, deal with parents, I don't wanna be a man :censored:

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2008, 08:27:04 PM »
No, deal with parents, I don't wanna be a man :censored:

ah, same way i did it

but i get no birthday stuff for next year....

same way im getting a ps3..except its more bribery-ish

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 02:22:06 PM »
I wish I could do that kinda deal only prob is I'm the one buggin my parents about getting in shape so yea........ maybe to get in 90's but again ummmmm got like 8-10 % to go. and then no life.

p.s. for getting in shape go to this http://www.mensworkoutguide.com/workout/week6.html site I've been using his workouts for like past couple of months and I do look better not as much improvement to make as certain peeps so I can't tell as much but its great for building strength and burning fat plus you can do it at home if you spend like 150$ bucks or whatever it costs for the equipment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:24:27 PM by Canadajames »

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 04:57:39 AM »
Decision Made

IM GETTING A 2.5Ghz 15" MBP IN LIKE 2 FREAKIN WEEKS!  YEAH BOIZ!!!!!!!

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2008, 10:28:05 AM »
aight

sweet stuff right there

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2008, 06:24:53 PM »
Get a kick ass gaming PC and dualboot OSX, Linux, and Windows. Personally, I hate the Mac interface, and pretty much everything about it, but I hacked a copy of OSX just to say that I have a reason to hate it :]

Isn't that hard, if I remember correctly.
Also, any software you'd get for a Mac is pretty much the same (cost and application wise) as the Windows version. Personally, I really hate Macs because they sell :censored:ty hardware for stupidly high prices. Any Macbook laptop you get I'll guarantee you that I could get something twice as good for the same or less cash, if you went over to Linux.
Yea, I'm a Linux fanboy, shoot me.

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2008, 08:37:57 PM »
I second my decision for a gaming PC, I LOVE MINE

Yea I second That. I just built mine from the ground up. it was Really Cheap and Lots of Fun to run a PC you made (not the first time building one)

(I will post pics in the  right spot later)

ahh didnt see mattZani's post. Thats Cool Hope all works out for ya.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:40:10 PM by PsychoticWolf »

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 08:48:17 PM »
Get a kick ass gaming PC and dualboot OSX, Linux, and Windows. Personally, I hate the Mac interface, and pretty much everything about it, but I hacked a copy of OSX just to say that I have a reason to hate it :]

Isn't that hard, if I remember correctly.
Also, any software you'd get for a Mac is pretty much the same (cost and application wise) as the Windows version. Personally, I really hate Macs because they sell :censored:ty hardware for stupidly high prices. Any Macbook laptop you get I'll guarantee you that I could get something twice as good for the same or less cash, if you went over to Linux.
Yea, I'm a Linux fanboy, shoot me.
#1 if its three than its tripleboot, not dual (dual is two, triple is three, etc etc)
#2 hacking it is illegal and is not to be spoken of because its illegal
and here we are legit
#3 hate is a strong term that should not be used so lightly;
through past experiances i have learned this myself, and to be frank i disagree with its usage in this area. hate is deeper than an operating system's gui and overall experiance. dislike is more for that kind of thing, while hate is a terrible feeling, that often results in violence because it is stemmed from a lack of understanding and rejection thereof...do you 'hate' it so much you would attack an apple employee? again, its a very strong term...
#4 you are alloted your opinion, and now i respect that fact, but i will state only that i strongly disagree with your position on apple brand computers; as a consumer of them myself, i am quite happy
#5 when you say you can get somthing twice as good that is not necessarily true based on certain criteria and needs. in his case the macbook pro meets his criteria and needs (which do not include a gaming pc because the lucky guy has a ps3 that is severly coveted by me)
#6 the decision is made and we should all respect that and stop trying to sway him agian
this is difficult for him, as it WAS the worlds hardest decision and took him a long time to finally come up with a solution

Offline PsychoticWolf

• C.H.A.O.S Where art Thou.
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +27/-0
  • Team CYBER
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »
#1 if its three than its tripleboot, not dual (dual is two, triple is three, etc etc)
and here we are legit
through past experiances i have learned this myself, and to be frank i disagree with its usage in this area. hate is deeper than an operating system's gui and overall experiance. dislike is more for that kind of thing, while hate is a terrible feeling, that often results in violence because it is stemmed from a lack of understanding and rejection thereof...do you 'hate' it so much you would attack an apple employee? again, its a very strong term...
#4 you are alloted your opinion, and now i respect that fact, but i will state only that i strongly disagree with your position on apple brand computers; as a consumer of them myself, i am quite happy
#5 when you say you can get somthing twice as good that is not necessarily true based on certain criteria and needs. in his case the macbook pro meets his criteria and needs (which do not include a gaming pc because the lucky guy has a ps3 that is severly coveted by me)
#6 the decision is made and we should all respect that and stop trying to sway him agian
this is difficult for him, as it WAS the worlds hardest decision and took him a long time to finally come up with a solution

I agree with all of what you said. but 4 5 6 I Cant Agree with you more, Apple is a good Brand I own ed a MacbookPro Only for a month But still was one of the best laptops i had But thats My opinion. and I think We all Know how hard it is to Picksome thing you want when there is 3 other choices and are Just As Good Maybe Even Better But...  I understand and I would like to see how it works out For Him
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:10:21 PM by PsychoticWolf »

For the awesome Sigs Thanks goes to: Blazinkaos, Chef Boyardee
O o
/¯/________________________/
{ IMMA FIRIN' MA LAZAAAAAR!!!!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\
RyanF: lol im not that sick.  I don't feel like licking the s*** off a 40 year old guy's ass
RyanF: you want me to lick your crusty old buns dont you?
2/20/2012 at 08:55:34 PM

Offline ultimaarashi

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »
and here we are legit
It isn't hacking, because it's not breaking into something - Cracking would be a more correct term, yet not quite that (As that implies a "Crack" on a password or otherwise). As far as I know, getting OSX to work on a regular PC is a pain in the ass, but legal insofar as you bought the software. If it's not, then I apologize.

Would I attack an apple employee? Maybe. Dunno, it would depend if they've been on the other end of one of my calls.
Why do I hate, and use the term justly? Let's see here:
I work at my county's school system as a techy.
The county has several problems with it:
90% of the computer base is Mac (Not OSX - OSX isn't as bad, but I still encounter several problems)
of that 90%, a good 20-30% go bad weekly.
Of that percentage, about 50% I have to re-install the system because the students or teachers did something stupid, and I can't access/do something for whatever reason. Also, it's more convient to simply re-install the OS in most cases.
Of the other 50%, either one of the parts is bad.
Of that, 90% I have a replacement - usually a bad memory stick, because once again, a student or teacher did something to screw with it, and didn't notice.
With that 10%, I have to go through the hell that is Mac to get a new part for it, and usually end up buying many times more that I need, in case another goes bad in a different one.
Because of this, the county doesn't have enough money to switch to PCs.
Another thing: Most of the software that the Board of Ed sends us is for PCs because other counties (somehow...) seem to have more cash then us and have already upgraded to Windows.
I get :censored:ed at because the teachers can't install the software that needs to be installed, because of BoE standards.
I then get :censored:ed again, because I have to explain why all of our IT funding goes into getting the current Macs running because all of the teachers have software on them that they can't run at home.

Wanna try again? I think that "Hate" is quite an apt term for this situation.
Also:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hate
"to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry."
Note: Aversion. I avoid Macs as much as possible (Despite the fact I'm stuck using them almost daily), and I do have extreme hostility to them. Instead of throwing away the ones I'm allowed to (About one a month... Which is promptly replaced with the lowest-end Dell possible - Don't get me started on Dells), I tend to take them home and disassemble or beat the pulp out of for fun.
Should have left in the part about hardware, but I didn't know the exact specs he was getting. My bad. Also, just because one has a PS3 (or equivelent system), does not outrule the want for another.
In my opinion, PC gaming > console gaming, but once again, my opinion.
At the time of posting, I didn't read the last post, and didn't know he hadn't already picked.
If I had bothered to read the second page I wouldn't have posted what I had.
Sorry about that.

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »
i maintain that hate is too strong of a word
as for illegality, apple made osx their proprietary os for their hardware ONLY (very pushy about it i guess) but basically they dont want their os on any other system (microsoft on the other hand love's apple customer's buisness...they are a software company and now that macs run windows they couldnt be happier to turn a massive profit give people the joy of their os)

and it sounds like you're suffering from not really faulty hardware, but old hardware-in fact i am moving soon to a district where the public schools have old crappy emacs *shudder*

my school is laptop mac based, roughly 75% have the latest ibooks (before they were discontinued) and 25% has last gen macbooks.
technical issues only arise with abuse (terrible, terrible things, walking around with them holding them at their side with one hand swaying them around, knocking them, driving off with them still on the roof of their car)

the real issue it sounds like is funding and the board of education being really arrogant of the issues
if your district truly cared about technology integrated education then they would certainly pass a bond to raise money for either full repairs or new computer (one district i looked at moving to just built a brand new 6 million dollar building, complete with both last gen and latest gen imacs because the people of the town value education and the school well integrated technology into it [smartboards hooked up to imacs in every class] and when i talked to teachers about the computer situation they loved the macs and found them so much easier and less problematic)

srsly the hardware is very nice, heck my dad who's been with computers since college (being up till 4 am punching punch cards to feed into massive computers taking up half of yale's labs) switched to the newest 24 inch imac and loves it, he still a newb at osx (rarely uses it, infact) but thats cool because he's used to windows and has no issues with it (good thing too...if he had bootcamp beta he'd be sooooo pissed...)

ill say apple does have flaws, noone's perfect
but the hardware is really like any other hardware
which include
-they are rather pricey and seem to only 'endorse' pricey 3rd party products (though some, including myself, find worth in most of the priceyness [i.e. i will pay as much as was paid for the macbook pro, however 100$ for bose in-ear headphones is f**king stupid)
-people arent used to the operation system so they reject it often before trying it
-and finally, steve jobs is an egomaniac jerk. a podcast host who;s listed on itunes met him at macworld and asked rather sheepishly if she could have a picture with him and he said "you're rude", went back to his iphone, and turned his back to her. plus when he and apple were younger he got his g/f pregnant and denied the baby was his...later he accepted it but that in the first place is a :censored: move (see movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley for more...steve jobs, steve wozniack (woot for woz), steve ballmer, and billy gates..all info on them). but he can be a jerk, and i havent heard of him being such a philanthropist like billy gates...he has enough money...so nuff said bout' jobsy

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »
I feel your pain Ultimaarashi.  I helped my school with all their networking to the point where they can see who is using a computer at any given point (all pc's have built in webcam) and any computer can be remotely connected to any projector with the appropriate login privileges (of course I have an admin account).  I am also in the process of getting the wireless fixed up, they were running Wireless B and before I graduate they will be running Speed Boosted N.  The only teacher in the entire school that doesn't have network access is the Chem teacher because he has a MBP and refuses to use the Windows PC.

Anyway moral of my story is I know the in's and outs of PC's and I know how incredibly stupid kids are when it comes to :censored:ing them up.  I've actually been called out of class because of stupid things that some teachers can't figure out (Students flipped screen 180 degrees or blocked input from KB+M with an APP)

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »
Reaper, seems like your school needs to block students installing software etc.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 01:12:05 AM »
Reaper, seems like your school needs to block students installing software etc.
Most of the stuff is built in, like the nvidia tool for rotating the display (which can't be locked because it's used properly quite often) and flash drives with batch files on them.  We might just turn off all USB ports and use standard KB+M if it keeps happening, but yet again some students actually use the flash drives for things other than evil (it's my primary powerpoint file carrier)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2008, 02:17:29 AM »
hey reaper i dont know how our college did it but they had certain file types blocked on a user level basisi so like .exe install files and .bat etc files were blocked for everyone but admins and students could only use there own usb pens as long as they had first been signed and verified by the network admins so like you would have to take your usb to the admins first and they would plug it in run a program and then it would work on the network

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Professor Fate

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • All your base are belong to us
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2008, 05:17:18 PM »
screw the mac. I'm going graphic design to and I'm building my own rig for just under $1200.

Here are the specs and parts.
-Windows XP
-XFX 680i mother board
-4gb of ram running at 800MHz
-Quad-core intel 2.4 GHz processor
-500gb hard drive
-Philips DVD burner
-Dual SLI  XFX GeForce 9600GT graphics cards
-LevelOne WNC-0600 Wireless N Network Adapter - 300Mbps
-COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-750W (I think 750 watts should do it, I need to double check:confused:)
-COOLER MASTER CM690 Mid-Tower case
-22-inch ViewSonic Optquest
-Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510

-The Case-

Try to build a mac with those specs for under $1200.... wait you can't!

so just build you machine.  Macs are by far the most overprice and underpowered computers on the market.  and if you don't feel comfortable building your machine then buy a dell XPS 420.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 05:24:19 PM by Professor Fate »

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2008, 05:23:56 PM »
screw the mac. I'm going graphic design to and I'm building my own rig for just under $1200.

Here are the specs and parts.
-Windows XP
-XFX 680i mother board
-4gb of ram running at 800MHz
-Quad-core intel 2.4 GHz processor
-500gb hard drive
-Philips DVD burner
-LevelOne WNC-0600 Wireless N Network Adapter - 300Mbps
-COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro RS-750W (I think 750 watts should do it, I need to double check:confused:)
-COOLER MASTER CM690 Mid-Tower case
-22-inch ViewSonic Optquest
-Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510

Try to build a mac with those specs for under $1200.... wait you can't!

so just build you machine.  Macs are by far the most overprice and underpowered computers on the market.  and if you don't feel comfortable building your machine then buy a dell XPS 420.

AGAIN

Offline Professor Fate

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • All your base are belong to us
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2008, 05:26:23 PM »
AGAIN

oh he made a decision.  ok then....  :wacko:

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »
yeah...its made, and it was difficult for him so we shouldnt confuse him or sway him more...again...worlds hardest decision

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 11:52:34 PM »
Besides, that desktop looks like a POS compared to a MBP, and its pre-made filth, wheres the fun in that?

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
yeh i was about to say that even though he had made a decision on the mbp a while ago he decided that he wanted a laptop and all you guys were suggesting that he should get a desktop

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
Besides, that desktop looks like a POS compared to a MBP, and its pre-made filth, wheres the fun in that?

Enjoy being the exact same as every other MBP owner.  LOL Remember to be unique!
Also, personally I don't really like the MBP, the Air is cooler looking.  I want a laptop that I can fold up and put into my pocket, just a few more years...

Please for the love of god don't get dual 9600's  A single overclocked 8800 is comparable...  Get 2 8800's over clock em and SLI  em and you'll get better performance for less money...

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2008, 08:17:37 AM »
Reaper, if im gonna be tied to a massive box, i want it to be unique.

Besides, i've never seen anyone with a Macbook Pro round here, so i'll be unique!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal