Author Topic: funny pandora hard mod story  (Read 3784 times)

Offline aksuma

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
funny pandora hard mod story
« on: March 11, 2008, 01:32:03 PM »
so i was over to my buddy's house and he wanted to get a cfw on his psp. so me, having left my psp home,  decided to hard mod the battery to Pandora then solder the ground pin back after, given we had no other battery. so every thing go smoothly as per a usual hard mod, until the point where we were done and had to solder the battery back to normal. at this point in time my fried decides to tell me that he doesn't  actually have a soldering iron and the only solder he has i thick enough to put the arse in a cat. so given i wasn't going to see him for some time and i didn't want to leave him with out a battery i attempted to make due with what we had. thick solder, a candle, a lighter, a utility knife, some super glue ,a twist tie,a needle, and a tooth pick. so first we take the lighter heat up the solder put a bit on the needle and try to solder accordingly. no dice. and several burns later we we decide its no staying hot long enough so we decide to try a new tactic. we take the solder onto the blade of the knife and put it on top of the candle still trying to use needel to place it on the pin . again to no avail, so this time the blame went to the needle and we swapped it out for a tooth pick which quickly caught fire ( you know wood + heat never equals flame *insert sarcasm here*) and so ended that theory. getting desperate now we tried several more things not even worth mentioning , until i remembered the old when all else fails stand by. twist ties. i melted the plastic coating off then cut it into a small piece about 1cm long and jammed it under the cut in the pin, super glued it down and way to go it works. so next time anyone says you cant do something cause of solder (unless its actually board work) just use twist ties, lol.

p.s. hope you guys enjoyed my little piece of randomness for the day.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: funny pandora hard mod story
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
=O keeps the battery it would be good if he gets a bricked psp

Offline aksuma

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »
=O keeps the battery it would be good if he gets a bricked psp
ya all he has to do then is haul off the wire and its pandora again

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
dont see why ur friend doesnt get a spare battery would of been 10x easier

Offline Dannon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »
Is there something inherently wrong with putting a wire between the two appropriate resistors instead of lifting the 5th(I think) leg of the chip? I've done several batteries now, both fat and slim, and have just put a wire from each of the resistors needed and then twisted the ends together, yes I know, I could have left it at one wire but I just twist the ends together and then untwist them when I'm done.

As for your hardcore soldering skills, well done, where there's a will, there's a way.  I've done minor soldering before, not on anything as small as the points on a PSP or inside the battery, using just a kitchen knife heated up on the hob of an electric stove. Twist ties are possible the most useful things ever, more than that powder they have in the new Futurama film!!!

As it stands well done and nice story, I'm sure there must be plenty more stories of fixing things using unlikely items on here....anyone?

phenomenal

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »
You do realise that you could of used older exploits to downgrade it from the web before pandora was made

Offline Ilzwalrus

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I r smart.
    • My Livejournal, which I update two to three times a day with a fun and witty commentary about the goings-on of society today, occasionally interspersed with meaningful and often thought-provoking tidbits about my extraordinary personal life.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 03:38:16 PM »
Improvisation. Nice, my friend.

Offline i22foosh

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
Whoa dude thats crazy... but i have problems with pandora batteries after i tape it, its just too big or something and batt cover sticks out.

Dannon, i think that creates a short? but idk
having a higher post count doesn't earn respect in the forums, quality posts do.

thanks,

deda and reaper

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
haha, i always just use the original way to make my pandora's :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »
You do realise that you could of used older exploits to downgrade it from the web before pandora was made
wait how do u kno he wasnt on 3.80 or somthin?

Offline Dannon

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 12:29:36 AM »
Dannon, i think that creates a short? but idk

I'm fairly sure it does cause a short but a none dangerous one, correct me if I'm wrong here, it means nothing needs lifting up/cutting, just tap a wire onto the end of a couple of resistors (different ones depending on slim/fat battery) and there you go, no need to wreck the battery it also means if you leave the end free to be twisted together, or can connect them to a switch small enough to fit into the battery, then you can switch back and forth at will.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 10:49:25 AM »
dont see why ur friend doesnt get a spare battery would of been 10x easier

i agree on getting new battery,.. from ur story that seemed very risky,.. idk wat kind of solder gun u guys used but seemed very hard to from what u explained,...u know the tips of solder guns are all mad of copper so if you would found something you could sharpened that was copper and heat that up that would of worked fine,.. that what i did with my pandora,..

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline aksuma

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »
i agree on getting new battery,.. from ur story that seemed very risky,.. idk wat kind of solder gun u guys used but seemed very hard to from what u explained,...u know the tips of solder guns are all mad of copper so if you would found something you could sharpened that was copper and heat that up that would of worked fine,.. that what i did with my pandora,..

well to tell you guys the truth he kinda lives way you in the boones and dosent get into town very often to buy stuff thats why we went with the improve method. the thing about the soldering iron is , if you read carefully, he didnt even have one so thats why we had so much trouble, lol.  if i had a soldering iron at all i could have just did it the easy way but i think our way is just fine.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »
yeh think if you had a spare battery and why you where soldering and you slipped hit the battrey coverd in that stuff and it blow up it would'nt matter coz u had another one lol well it probly matter coz ur hands would come of with it !!! (neatly happend to me)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal