Author Topic: Need Help Building First PC  (Read 1544 times)

N7kheriford

Need Help Building First PC
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
Hey everyone i was just wondering if you would be able to help me build a PC. Im looking for something that has atleast a couple hundred Gb of RAM and speed to match, a video card that could easily handle the game Crisis.. i really dont know any thing more about computers, if you have any hints or tips on how to make a computer i would love to hear from you

thanks

Offline psp339

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Need Help Building First PC
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »
how can u have a couple hundred gb of ram????
to play crysis, i would get at least 2gb of ram. the video card i would get is the 8800gt or the 9600gt.

Offline Reaper

• Fear the Reaper!
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Fear the Reaper
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 03:59:47 AM »
Hey everyone i was just wondering if you would be able to help me build a PC. Im looking for something that has atleast a couple hundred Gb of RAM and speed to match, a video card that could easily handle the game Crisis.. i really dont know any thing more about computers, if you have any hints or tips on how to make a computer i would love to hear from you

thanks

In order to easily handle Crisis you would need 3x GeForce 8800 superclocked cards running in triple SLI just to get a good rate at high settings, let alone super high...

Offline noah03ark

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Überm Sternenzelt richtet Gott, wie wir gerichtet
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 04:14:01 AM »
In order to easily handle Crisis you would need 3x GeForce 8800 superclocked cards running in triple SLI just to get a good rate at high settings, let alone super high...
piggybacking on that...some dude made a custom screamin' machine with that, and other freakin' amazing parts

this thing was a monster right? well on all high he could stil only get 30 fps
which is saying somthign because that game is both fun and incredably demanding of your computer

btw you cant have hundreds of gigs of ram like psp said ^
thats not been done (yet)
i have 4.. but xp only sees 3, but i can still run it on 2 low, the rest med/high settings (mix n' match)
but if you wanna do great things get an 8800, good processor, mobo, good ram, etc.

good luck though

oh and crysis is spelled Crysis, not Crisis (made by crytek, uses cry2 engine, crysis)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
why dont you go out find a mobo, a processor, ram, and a graphics card and post them hear. we can tell you if every thing will be compatible. or if this is your first build and your unsure as what to but. you might look at geting a bare bones kit (they have mobo and processors in them already)

ask any questions you have we will be glad to help

Offline pinoyballa

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 02:31:06 PM »
What's your budget first of all, do you want water cooling or anything special?

Get a SLI compatible motherboard, depending on what games you play either an 8800 or 9600 (8800s are still better). Get a dual core processor. E2160 is a good budget one. Or get an intel Q6600 quad core if you can afford it. Get at least 2 gigs of 1066 RAM. If you plan to SLI at least a 600 watt, Triple SLI at least 1k watts.

Uhmm thats really it and you need a case too. Those can range anywhere from $50 to $600

Get an aluminum case because they have the best thermal conductivity, but they also are the highest costing cases.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal