Author Topic: PHAT PSP SOUND REACTIVE LED MOD HELP PLZZ  (Read 1642 times)

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Sig and Avatar by INDYCHASE
    • GAMING LAGOON - Join now for free prizes
PHAT PSP SOUND REACTIVE LED MOD HELP PLZZ
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »
hi, i have a phat psp and i would like to add sound reactive leds to the L and R trigger butons. i would like to use the method of connecting the 0603 surface mount leds directly to the speakers like in this topic https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7661.0

however i have a few questions.
1) what type of wire should i use to connect the leds to the speakers (26 gauge wire, 10 awg magnet wire??)

2) i live in the UK and i would appreciate if someone would let me know what shops sell these leds, or should i just buy of ebay??

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline Nemesis

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: PHAT PSP SOUND REACTIVE LED MOD HELP PLZZ
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 01:01:10 PM »
hi, i have a phat psp and i would like to add sound reactive leds to the L and R trigger butons. i would like to use the method of connecting the 0603 surface mount leds directly to the speakers like in this topic https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7661.0

however i have a few questions.
1) what type of wire should i use to connect the leds to the speakers (26 gauge wire, 10 awg magnet wire??)

2) i live in the UK and i would appreciate if someone would let me know what shops sell these leds, or should i just buy of ebay??

ebay is your best bet for the supplies. i get my kynar wire and leds from there.
kynar wire: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=kynar+wire

smd leds: http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=0603+smd&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=w11+4dg&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2
for the leds i recommend buying from a seller called phenoptix, quick delivery and very cheap

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 01:39:02 PM »
as nemisis said, but your should really add a lm386 it will dramacticaly improve the finish with much brighter lights and sensitivity :tup:
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 03:30:36 AM »
thanx Nemesis i have purchased the leds from ebay and will buy the kynar wire very soon.

as nemisis said, but your should really add a lm386 it will dramacticaly improve the finish with much brighter lights and sensitivity :tup:

i was originally planning to use the lm386 but after seeing this post https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7661.0 and this video of eizhan's psp and zal's psp without the lm386 i decided this would be easier and wouldn't make much of a difference.

eizhan's psp
[youtube=425,350]L-z-iQzyyNk[/youtube]

ok,heres the vids....
lolz...up to u guys to comment if its cool r not :winker:
[youtube=425,350]RmI-2vqs8J0[/youtube]
stereo effect summore...lolz

Guppy > Chief Squatting Hard > 1/2 Pint > Fart Sniffer > Tone Deff > Motor Mouth > Allumnist > King of the Wii-tards > Who Farted > Poker Champ > Chaos Lover > Bomb Maker > CyberPyrot Wannabe

Offline psphacksntips

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSPHACKSNTIPS| From originality to insanity....
    • For PSP hacks n tips visit us @ PSPHACKSNTIPS
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »
i used 23 or 26 gauge wire and 0603 smd leds and used a resistor works great also without the chip
======================
PSPHACKSNTIPS
| From originality to insanity|
======================

Offline pax

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 04:47:05 PM »
thanx 2 evry1 for your help, just 1 more question
Does it make much of a difference whether or not i choose to drill into the shoulder buttons or just put the leds in the casing next to the buttons and sand the white paint off? because i dnt want 2 crack the shoulder buttons whilst drilling

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal