Author Topic: Dremcast controller hack  (Read 2681 times)

Offline LoyalistRevolt

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
Dremcast controller hack
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
Re: Dremcast controller hack
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:11:43 AM »
Nice simple mod. You need to use wood (eg 6mm MDF, chipboard, whatever) or perspex for the case not cardboard however, or it won't last long.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:51:41 AM »
Agreed. I'll get angry during a game of Powerstone 2 and just pwn the box XD. But very nice job rewiring the buttons. IF anything, you can try wiring the memory card cartridge to the top and like bac said, get a new material for it :D.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline *FuFa

• learn2/spell/
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Spam King Barfday Boy¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯ ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
Nice job but really, get some wood, that thing won't hold anything. Oh and what about the triggers? They are important too D:

Have no shame in being kindly and gentle, but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret. In the time of your life, live so that, in that wonderous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

Offline LoyalistRevolt

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »
yea the trigger...every time I try to solder to them the controller shuts down so I decided to stop before I blew some  :censored: up....As for this case its just a prototype to make sure everything is working...I'm also way to scared of screwing something up to try the mem thing  :dntknw: I actually don't think I will ever put it in wood though I have no idea how to cut it.

Offline hdx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 05:05:21 AM »
Too much wires. Try to use less because you have spaghetti here. And make other case, using cardboard isn't good idea.Anyway good work. Arcade Stick is fine for fighting games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal