Author Topic: Edit: Back with version two in progress!  (Read 6559 times)

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
Edit: Back with version two in progress!
« on: March 29, 2008, 11:03:50 AM »
(V1)

video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITq_HX2SYg
Took me a while to do 0.o
Mod: I Don't know how to embed...mods please?

Features:
Clear window above cartridge Drive
Lit with yellow led
Power LED changed to green
Case painted Red

PspKicks: Video embedded
1Sniper-pic link was broken/deleted

(v2)
So far all i have is a picture, but the case is painted and im working on lighting.(and getting the mp3 screen in there. i got it fully internalized)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:23:34 PM by 1Sniper »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: My NES (low quality pic for now)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
nice cannot wait to see better pictures
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Games Console System Modder
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »
nice cannot wait to see better pictures

Really? It isn't that radical!!  :eyebrow:

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
im gonna need some better pics.

Yellow LED looks uneven and dim, Window looks rough around the edges, cant tell on the paintjob.
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »
Really? It isn't that radical!!  :eyebrow:

Oh really? Why dont you just say I suck at modding as a whole before I even get into it as a hobby.Im 13, and i`m not a pro modder because i have no expierience and im not eager to rip apart something like my 350$ Xbox  360.So I guess it never crossed your mind that its one of my first mods, or should I be subject to the scrutiny of the modding world before I canbetakenseriously?

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 01:42:27 PM »
Yeah I thought the same thing. Meh I've been talking to him for a while and he seriously was dedicated to this job. Good job on bringing his first piece of non handheld work to poop, bac. Well from the pic, it looks pretty cool. I don't see too many old school consoles with windows on them :P.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
im gonna need some better pics.

Yellow LED looks uneven and dim, Window looks rough around the edges, cant tell on the paintjob.
Thats because i had to use alittle more hot glue then anticipated, I made the cut alittle too big for the plastic i had  :censored:

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: My NES (High-res pics and video up!)
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 09:14:18 PM »
Ahhh I see it now. A bit messy, but still a first time, it aint too bad :D. The paintjob looks pretty clean, but yeah I mentioned it in AIM, hot glue really screwed ya over :P. I couldn't figure out where the yellow LED was, but the green one was a pretty good choice.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 12:26:55 AM »
You obviously didn't pick up that I was making a humourous comment; oh well. The  :eyebrow: I took as a sarcastic humour icon.

Yeah, ok you are only 13, etc; however it wouldn't have been hard in making this better - the NES case is cut out too big for the clear plastic so the holes are filled in with hot glue in the pic. There are also lots of hot glue traces on the window. This is a rush job. All you needed to do was open the case, make a rectangular hole in the case as required, sanded to be smooth, reverse side sanded to make it flat to take the perspex top (which is about 1cm bigger than the hole), and hot glue in place. The result of that would have looked nice and only been a bit more work. You know i'm right...  :winker:

Sure, we all have to start somewhere, don't take my comment as negative rather constructive; make your hole bigger and spend longer doing it, you won't regret the end result!

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 03:40:44 AM »
yeah man, we all started somewhere, but yeah, just take on the critical comment, take the extra time to make the mod worthwile and more clean.

also dont use your age as an excuse please  :winker:

anyway thats how improvement works man, you do something, people critisize, you take it on, do another "thing" (in this case mod) then people critisize again, you take it on or ignore it, then do another etc etc.

Offline bacteria

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Bacteria's site
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 01:06:54 AM »
Yup. The purpose of a forum is two fold - one is for others to express views and comments; the other is to made suggestions based on their knowledge which can often be of great assistance to the person(s) concerned. If you don't want comments, don't post in a forum!!  The suggestions I made would change the mod from being a bodge to looking attractive - surely that was what you wanted? I have a lot of experience to share to those who want it.

I am always interested in intelligent feedback in my projects (I don't take things out of context unless the poster is being an idiot or insulting); someones suggestion helped my PDA project from ending up in the bin when the PDA stopped working properly during testing and on my current project  http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=23137 I could have wired my relocated memory expansion card without wiring two pins together and spent a while head-scratching as to why the system wouldn't boot. Valuable info. I have also learnt a lot from others hacking and modding work by reading and researching their threads and postings.

Offline DanteDx

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 01:29:44 AM »
Not but for a first mod. My first mod looked like ass I personally think everyones first looks bad compared to later ones they do.

Offline zbblanton

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +5/-0
    • My modding site
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 11:38:44 AM »
nice definetly for a first mod, my first mod was a old mp3 that DID fit into my pocket, it look horrible but i freakin loved it.

If u like it, it doesnt matter what anyone thinks

Offline Canadajames

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
Itchy trigger finger?
Just get some sanding or cutting or whatever done and polish the class up and it'll be stellar. I do like the colour though.

Ken i wouldnt have done it any other way
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=15400.0

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
Yup. The purpose of a forum is two fold - one is for others to express views and comments; the other is to made suggestions based on their knowledge which can often be of great assistance to the person(s) concerned. If you don't want comments, don't post in a forum!!  The suggestions I made would change the mod from being a bodge to looking attractive - surely that was what you wanted? I have a lot of experience to share to those who want it.

I am always interested in intelligent feedback in my projects (I don't take things out of context unless the poster is being an idiot or insulting); someones suggestion helped my PDA project from ending up in the bin when the PDA stopped working properly during testing and on my current project  http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=23137 I could have wired my relocated memory expansion card without wiring two pins together and spent a while head-scratching as to why the system wouldn't boot. Valuable info. I have also learnt a lot from others hacking and modding work by reading and researching their threads and postings.
I Agree, and there are some improvements im going to make on it but those are going to be a suprise :D

I apoligize for what I said to you bacteria, I realize it wasn't mean negatively lol. Im sorry we got off on the wrong foot  I Really admire your work.

Thank you for everyone on your input, Much more to come!

Btw, I used the soldering iron to cut the window...thats why its alittle lopsidded :wacko:

Offline Timmy

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 06:08:39 AM »
you used the WHAT to cut the WHERE was I?

Offline MattZani

• Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Matthew Dear
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 06:18:00 AM »
is that a clear CD Case for the window?
Retired Modder, minor dabbling from now on :P

Offline andy1337

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • It's Moe, Yo.
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
is that a clear CD Case for the window?
And the winner is...MattZani!

Yes, it's like impossible to get plexiglass or anything near me lol it's all i had :(.

Thats going to change in the v2 edition though :D

Offline Bracketology

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Edit: Back with version two in progress!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 03:41:20 AM »
buy a new case, get someone to cut if for you, with a CNC machine, and then try, it looks really messy, and looks like you used a soldering iron to cut the plastci o.O but overall, nice mod, and when you get it cleaned up it will be a good piece.

Offline IndyChav

• Original.
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 04:27:46 AM »
I agree with bracket its got some great potential if you get some cleaner cuts and fittings, great job otherwise :tup:

Offline sethion

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 06:42:53 PM »
Not the cleanest mod i have seen but pretty good none the less.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal