Author Topic: touch screen unresponsive?  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Morpheus2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Jah Love
touch screen unresponsive?
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:37:55 PM »
does anybody know why my touchscreen wont work. i made sure both ribbons are in all the way and it still wont work. the screen itself has picture but does not respond.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: touch screen unresponsive?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
Well if you're sure you put it in good, then probably the ribbon broke ,especially if you mean a ds lite's ribbons. If that's really the case, then sadly, you'll need a new touch screen, and some good centering skills.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline Morpheus2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Jah Love
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:02:56 PM »
what do you mean centering skills. do i have to calibrate the new screen manually?

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »
Like you have to center the touch screen with the LCD screen. If not, it won't fit the ds lite correctly, and can re-break it.
Proud to be a: -Yugioh Player -ITG/DDR/PIU Player -Furry Fanatic - Knife Thrower -All around awesome guy :D

Offline rocky

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
Its actually not that hard once you get use to it, you just put the touch panel in the part of the shell and make sure its in its groves then just set your screen on top of it.  Just worry about the outer colored piece once its all put together.

Offline Morpheus2

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Jah Love
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:32:43 AM »
thanks i dont know what i would do without you guys, and I have a question is the modders for hire section safe? like if i sent my ds to somebody to finish my led mod would i get it back.

Offline seikene

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
Well depends on the person you're asking, and everybody should be trusted. If anything, ask whoever who want to mod how many mods has he done and how good were they and stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal